PDA

View Full Version : Retina Service ? IIa, IIIc

Luddite Frank
03-31-2008, 14:12
Greetings !

My first "Real" camera was a Retina IIIc that I got while in high-school, over 25 years ago. I had it CLA'd then, and used it quite a bit, then it got put away.

I recently pulled it out from the closet, and discovered that the shutter is sticky/gummy.

I also just acquired a Retina IIa s/n: 5332xx; f:2 Xenon 50.

Are there any shops out there that specialize in Retina service ?

The gentleman who did my IIIc so many years ago has long since gone to his reward...

Thanks !

Luddite Frank

Brian Sweeney
03-31-2008, 16:37
Essex will do a CLA on them. Did George Mrus do the repair for you originally? The Retina line lost a great friend with his passing.

WStrew
05-17-2008, 19:56
Zack's Camera in Providence RI did CLA on my Retina II (model 014). Outstanding job. CameraTechs in Seattle did CLA on my Retina IIa. Outstanding job.

sepiareverb
06-10-2008, 12:14
Just a bump on this thread- I've got a friend with a beautiful Retina IIIC that needs a CLA. We're in Vermont. Any ideas??

mh2000
06-27-2008, 15:10
I recently sent mine to:

http://rawhiti.tripod.com/index.html

in new zealand. complete turnaround time was only 3 weeks from the states. excellent job. the reason I sent to him was recommendations and that he had some parts on hand, most places do not. wonderful camera. unbelievable what a different the service made... I thoutht the camera was fine, only a little stiff to focus... all the little adjustments made the camera sing!

Michiel Fokkema
06-28-2008, 01:29
Wil van Manen in the Netherlands does Retina's also.
http://www.kamera-service.info/
Usually quit fast also.

Cheers,
Michiel Fokkema

Towermax
09-17-2008, 22:45
I'll second the recommendation for Chris Sherlock in New Zealand. He did a CLA on my IIIS and it looks and feels like new. Turnaround was less than a month including shipping both ways by air parcel post.

kodapak126
10-02-2008, 17:27
I also have had Chris Sherlock in New Zealand repair a IIIC and a reflex IV for me. Best guy around since george Mrus. He did a CLA on my ReflexIV back in "91. The camera still proudly wears his repair sticker and I kept the note he sent back with it. Chris seems just as good.