PDA

View Full Version : Oly RC viewfinder ?

lawnpotter
03-23-2008, 09:58
Please tell me, is the Olympus RC view finder as clear and bright as the Trip35 viewfinder? I have a Leica CL but I find My Trip 35 VF a lot brighter Than the CL. Thanks

jesse1dog
03-23-2008, 10:15
Hi Lawnpotter

The two viewfinders are a bit different. The RC viewfinder has a rangefinder 'spot' as well as details of aperture and speed selected. As a result I think it isn't quite as bright but it's very acceptable. If truth be told much will depend on how clean both are externally and internally. I find that the Trip viewfinder is very prone to collecting dust and small bits and pieces. Internally there is a gap at the front of the finder through which these come. They are easy to clean out by taking off the camera top, removing the paper cover, and gently cleaning with a lighter fuel moistened cotton bud and polished with a dry one.
This can sound complicted but is really straight forward.
However I am very happy with both camera viewfinders but do do an external clean.
Hope this helps.

jesse

lawnpotter
03-23-2008, 10:38
Thanks Jesse, You are right about the trip35, Mine has all kinds of dust and hair or something in the VF.Once I took the lid off but I got intimidaded by all the wires and stuff and I quickly closed it, maybe I will try again. Do you think it is possible that no rangefinder will be as bright as the trip35 cause there needs to be contrast to see the patch? Thanks

jesse1dog
03-23-2008, 12:12
Hi Lawnpotter
I haven't enough experience with the variety of cameras needed to say that the Trip has THE brightest viewfinder over any rangefinder, but like you I do wonder.

Don't be too frightened about taking the top off your Trip. There are several websites that you can get at with a Google that will give you help with what is inside. I am trying a piece of sticky black tape as a cover on the viewfinder top instead of the black paper. The idea is that the 'grot' will stick to the tape rather than 'rattle' around inside.

jesse