PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 rc film wind

Wheelieman1
02-02-2008, 13:33
Hi friends,

Just got my 1st Olympus 35 rc from fleaboy, lovely results from first film and meter bang on with hearing aid battery. One problem though on frame 34 one the holes in the top of the film tore causing two frames to overlap. Any ideas on what might cause this and how I might avoid it in the future?

Thanks would really like to solve this as I have not had so much fun with a camera in many years; it is a lovely little machine.

John W

Bristol UK

jesse1dog
02-03-2008, 04:09
Hi John

Can't help you with your film problem.
Only suggestion I can make is to put in a dud film, wind it, shoot it, and see if it happens again, and, if its the same place on the film.

Glad you have joined the Oly 35xx 'Club' - hope you have a lot of fun too.
There are a lot of interesting items in the Olympus forum and you have probably seen the mad things we do with our cameras.
Are you using the 35RC on automatic (A) on a permanent basis?
I ask because I have put a small lever on the aperture ring and this makes turning it easier - it is a bit fiddly at the best of times.

Best wishes from a bit north of you,

jesse

zuikologist
02-03-2008, 06:48
It could be a film fault. As Jesse said, test with another roll. Sometimes it's just one of those things that never repeats itself.

wallace
02-03-2008, 07:18
Jesse,
could you post a photo of your modified RC?
The aperture ring is really hard to handle...

Wheelieman1
02-03-2008, 07:35
Many thanks to all - that is a great idea Jesse - I am sure I will have lots of fun and get more RC'S:-). I can only think that sometimes if I try to wind on too quickly my thunmb slips off the wind lever, which makes the film jerk!

Thanks again,

John W

jesse1dog
02-03-2008, 08:48
I've posted this before in another thread (Finally got an RC) but with a bit of luck it will come up here as well.

The 'peg' was turned by my next door neighbour and fits into a 1/16 hole bored with a 'dremel' type tool. The peg was then araldited in. It certainly makes a difference but I don't claim it to be an ultimate answer.