PDA

View Full Version : Two Buddies (or two bodies)

shadowfox
01-18-2008, 14:11
I was finishing a roll of film to test a light leak on my Contax, and I thought why not use the remaining frames to shoot some comparison. I've always wanted to see how close these two are in terms of size, so here we go:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2323/2185573469_c3bf109455.jpg

Interestingly enough, results from these two are often indistinguishable :p

... btw, the Contax is cured from its light-leak :)

jesse1dog
01-18-2008, 14:17
Hi shadowfox

Love the black SP!!
I'd no idea how close the two cameras were in size - interesting photo.
How do they compare for weight with the lenses?

j

Sam R
01-18-2008, 14:31
Years ago I was an Ilford rep. When we did a Ciba demo, I did them with the Omega enlarger rep if I possible. We demo'd the Ciba and the Omega equip. At almost every demo, he would put a slide in the enlarger and come out and say the to customer, " how do you like that tele elmarit" that sure is a sharp lens, and the contrast shows a big differance also. This continued at every demo we did together. I finally traded for a M5 and a couple lens eventually. Mainly because of "how damn sharp that Leica stuff is". About two years later at the PMA show in Chicago (at that time) I walked into the bar at the Hilton, and many of the reps from the midwest were drinking at a table and laughing like crazy. I walked in and said hi...they laughed even harder. The joke was "me". All the "I can tell elmarit from the neg or slide" was set up with a customer for an extra Ciba print while I was busy making one. "truth is" he said " I can tell a neg from a Ricoh, Miranda, Nikon, Minolta or Leica. I just had to have one of those "sharp Leica's"

agi
01-18-2008, 14:33
Oh how pretty :)

ColinW
01-18-2008, 14:44
Probably my Oly bias but I think the SP looks the cooler of the two :cool:

shadowfox
01-18-2008, 20:01
Say, is it just me or are there really quite a few people getting 35 SP recently?

shadowfox
01-18-2008, 20:09
I can tell a neg from a Ricoh, Miranda, Nikon, Minolta or Leica. I just had to have one of those "sharp Leica's"

It's easy, just look at the darn EXIF ;)

Paul C. Perkins, MD
01-20-2008, 18:50
Colin opined:
<Probably my Oly bias but I think the SP looks the cooler of the two :cool:>

Nope - the Olympus 35SP in black is certainly a more handsome camera than the Leica M4-P with its' big red Leica wart and the model number plastered all over the front. Put it up against a black M-2 with a 50mm F:1.2 Canon and you'd have a different story. . . ;-)

Paul