PDA

View Full Version : Christmas goodies.

ColinW
12-29-2007, 05:22
My darling wife got me a brand new (old stock) Olympus metal hood and a 43.5 mm Y2 filter as part of my Christmas. She got them from this site:

http://www.tripman.co.uk/

Don't know if it's been posted before, but he deals with Trip 35's so most of the stuff he sells suits our favourite rangefinders as well :). His prices seem reasonable and he ships to the good old US of A as well. Delivery times were within a couple of days, which at this time of year is good going.

Happy New Year everybody.

goldfinga888
12-29-2007, 10:49
Hi Colin,
Came across that site before (I love my Oly Trips too!).. but didn't recall having seen items for sale!

For filters I've been using a step up ring (43.5 - 52) and using all my Nikon filters..

One thing:
I've got the same Olympus Hood (+ box) BUT never came with an information sheet: Around the edge there are two 'sections' cut out... I've put the ring on my Trip, EC, ED and RC (and I'll try on my soon to come ECR) and on neither of them have a blocked VF because the hood is too big/wide/long...
What's the 'correct' position if any???

ColinW
12-30-2007, 08:12
Goldfinga,

There is no information sheet, but you can reverse the hood and slip it over the lens for storage. The cut out is so that it stops the hood fouling on the flashmatic lever (on the RC anyway). It might be different for other cameras thus the two cut outs.

I keep the screw at 8 o'clock (looking at the camera), in case it blocks the RF/VF, but that's personal preference.

Hope this helps.

goldfinga888
12-30-2007, 20:47
Ahh.. like the hood on a Werra! OK ;-)
Thanks Colin!