PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy RC

MazG
11-10-2007, 18:36
I'm looking for a working condition RC. I've looked on ebay but there aren't too many and some aren't in good shape or working.

So can anyone refer me to someone that specializes in the refurbishment etc of this camera that might have one for sale?

Thanks.

photobizzz
11-10-2007, 18:58
I bought one on ebay, took my chances I guess, the meter isnt working...I did get the original hood, and close up lens and everything else works on the camera. I would only buy off of ebay if you have some kind of guarantee. I have taken the top and bottom plates off of mine, sanded down the chrome to the brass, re-painted it black. I also have new light seals and leather on the way from microtools. I will post some photos of the finished product next week when I get it completed.

rpinchbeck
11-10-2007, 19:19
I just finished a complete overhaul on my RC. It took me about 2 years, not that I worked on it that much. I simply just got tired of seeing it on my workbench and decided last weekend to wrap it up and make some room for new projects.

I'm in mid-roll of the first test film. I re-skinned it with some lovely leather I had on hand. Looks fantastic. When dressed up with a VCII light meter and a hood that I modified it looks pretty serious.

Keep your eyes peeled for the full-on dismantle and clean document in the pages of the Kiev Survival Site. I'm thinking the KSS might get renamed to the Camera Rehab and Drop-in Centre with all the non-Kiev content I'm working on.

Cheers,

Russ Pinchbeck

Paul C. Perkins, MD
11-10-2007, 19:41
<< When dressed up with a VCII light meter and a hood that I modified it looks pretty serious. . . >>

Why not get the internal meter fixed?

Anyway - I got mine in "Needs Help" condition off Ebay. That translated into a completely non-functional camera with the lens almost completely adrift off the body.

I just bit the bullet and sent it to ESSEX. They rebirthed the camera and adjusted the circutry to handle silver-oxide batteries. It has been a delight to use

f/stopblues
11-10-2007, 19:55
Try sending a message to greyhoundman (Dave) to if he has any around. He repairs and overhauls them, so at the least he may be able to keep an eye out for one. If he has one you can have complete faith that it's a solid camera and will come exactly as described. Those are fun cameras! Good luck.

rpinchbeck
11-10-2007, 19:59
<< When dressed up with a VCII light meter and a hood that I modified it looks pretty serious. . . >>

Why not get the internal meter fixed?

The internal meter does work, even added a schottky diode to convert to Silver Oxide batteries. It's just that I've gotten used to using my VCII lately, which took some getting used to as I used my Gossen LunaSix 3 for many, many years.

I can get away with the VCII mounted on top, but using the Gossen looks downright ridiculous lugging around a meter that is the same size as the camera. Refer to attached to see what I mean...

Russ

back alley
11-10-2007, 20:15
the oly 35rc was my first 'good' camera and i still have it.
i had it cla'd locally about 2 years ago but have not used it much.
i have the original hood and oly uv filter on it still.