PDA

View Full Version : RC light seals

Stanton
11-05-2007, 16:09
I just acquired an Olympus 35 RC -- lucky me -- Thrift store, $1.95, seemed to be jammed, but it was just a combination of battery being dead and the self timer only partially engaged. Everything is working perfectly as far as I can tell.

Typically it needed light seals which I replaced except for one question. On the lock side of the back door (meaning opposite the hinge side, there appears to be the residue of possibly sealing foam both on the back door from the lock edge side out about 1/2 inch and a strip on the approximately 1/8 inch ledge adjacent to the lock. Unlike the other areas where I could see and remove the old foam, there was no foam at either place, just a residue.

If you have an RC, would take a look at your camera and tell me if I need to put light seal material in those places?

Thank you, Dave

Solinar
11-05-2007, 16:25
There is light seal on the body at the hinge. On the other end of the door, opposite the hinge side, there are two light seals, one of which is on the ledge and the other covering a 5/8 or 3/4 portion of the rear door. My guess where ever you find goo, there once was a light seal.

Stanton
11-05-2007, 17:52
Thanks for the very quick reply. I got the one at the hinge. Back to the work bench for the other two. Dave