PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

yaadetgar
10-28-2007, 05:57
Hi!

I'm using my dad's old Olympus 35SP, and I must say it's one of the greatest RF cameras made!

But... It's getting a little old, you know, and the lens gets a little dust inside.
Do you know where or if I can find a better condition 35SP?

Yaad

acall
10-28-2007, 06:08
Keep your eye on the classifieds here, SP's pop up from time to time. You can also look on ebay, but I think that you will have a better chance at knowing exactly what you are getting here.

The Olympus rangefinders were great cameras. My first camera was my dad's Oly 35RD, I still have it but it does need some work to get back into working order. One of these days I will get around to getting it fixed.

Cheers!
Alan

Kim Coxon
10-28-2007, 06:18
Hi,
If the camera is working well, you might be better off getting it cleaned.

Kim

yaadetgar
10-28-2007, 06:21
Hi!

That was quick!
Thanks

Yaad

Trius
10-28-2007, 17:45
Yaad: I agree that getting a CLA (clean, lubricate adjust) is a good way to go. The price will depend on who you use for service, of course. John Hermanson at zuiko.com is not inexpensive, but he is very good (Oly trained), stands by his work, and will upgrade the meter circuitry to take silver-oxide batteries instead of the old mercury batteries.

It's a great camera ... get a wrist strap to go with it, as that's a really nice combination.