PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Anachronism!

etrigan63
09-21-2007, 00:40
Gaslamp or is it?

http://photos.echenique.com/img/v2/p351195492-4.jpg

Just for laughs...

Speenth
09-21-2007, 05:51
This being a typical el Nino year, strange atmospheric occurences are more frequently seen.

I would put this down to the vortex effect commonly seen when compressed gases are ignited in a rarified, faux-vintage environment. That said, there is clear evidence of a conscientious attempt to minimise the effects of global warming through the use of an ultra low energy spiral gas wick.

Just off shot there will be a figure of rather sallow complexion and extended eye teeth. He'll be wearing a black cloak and looking rather shiftily towards the light.

He would make a good subject for further, similarly atmospheric images.

victoriapio
09-21-2007, 07:07
This being a typical el Nino year, strange atmospheric occurences are more frequently seen.

I would put this down to the vortex effect commonly seen when compressed gases are ignited in a rarified, faux-vintage environment. That said, there is clear evidence of a conscientious attempt to minimise the effects of global warming through the use of an ultra low energy spiral gas wick.

Just off shot there will be a figure of rather sallow complexion and extended eye teeth. He'll be wearing a black cloak and looking rather shiftily towards the light.

Wow, that is brilliant. Of course it could just be a spiral flourescent bulb too :D

etrigan63
09-21-2007, 07:23

Someone's been reading Robert Louis Stevenson...

Sparrow
09-21-2007, 07:31
Or Bram Stoker, perhaps

etrigan63
09-21-2007, 08:47
The writing style is more Stevenson than Stoker.

Sparrow
09-21-2007, 09:49
The writing style is more Stevenson than Stoker.

Clearly; I stand corrected

oftheherd
09-21-2007, 10:38
Discounting the spiral, a gas lamp should be open (or at least vented) at the top, not the bottom.

etrigan63
09-21-2007, 11:34
You cannot see it in the photo, but the lamp has "exhaust vents" worked into the metal cap. The lamp was inspired by Victorian-era gas streetlights. Granted, it would have to have a large pole on the bottom to really look like a gas lamp, but I did say inspired.