PDA

View Full Version : repairing an olympus 35 SP

douwe
09-16-2007, 23:57
I recently bought an Olympus 35 SP, and I want to get it into shape again. I need some advise on o couple of things:

How to adjust the rangefinder
How to clean in between the lens groups
How to properly clean the viewfinder
How to check the metering systemLet's start a tread and try to get a lot of know-how together about the oly SP, a wonderful fixed lens rangefinder!

Cheers,
Douwe

shadowfox
09-19-2007, 13:43
douwe, if you would spearhead compiling the info from previous threads that addressed these issues, that would be a good first step.

Trius
09-19-2007, 14:22
The horizontal RF adjustment is accessible from the interior of the camera. Open the back. Above the top rail you will see a round hole. There is a small screw that is recessed and lets you adjust the RF in the horizontal plane. The vertical adjustment requires removing the top plate; I've never done the vertical adjustment (haven't needed to), but others here have and it seemed easy enough.

If the lens needs disassembly to clean between elements you'll need appropriate spanner wrenches for both the front and the back, IIRC. It's not a job I'd want to do as I don't have a collimater to insure the lens is properly reassembled. YMMV.