PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite little guy

kshapero
08-19-2007, 11:35
Which small camera makes the best "always with you" companion?

trittium
08-19-2007, 11:40
my something else is a robot star II

c.poulton
08-19-2007, 11:42
Olympus XA is my favorite.

mike goldberg
08-19-2007, 11:49
Oly 35 RC and Oly Pen 1/2 frame.
Mike

Chyn
08-19-2007, 12:03
Olympus Stylus Epic! My first and possibly last film P&S camera.

dmr
08-19-2007, 12:06
Something else: Olympus Stylus Zoom.

The one I have is 10 years old. I hope they are still available when this one finally quits.

Xmas
08-19-2007, 12:13
OM4

Noel

Windwalker57
08-19-2007, 12:33
Oly Stylus Epic

FrankS
08-19-2007, 12:44
C L

Dave Wilkinson
08-19-2007, 12:50
Mine's really retro! - Agfa Solinette folder.

Dave.

gb hill
08-19-2007, 13:05
Probably have to say my Canonet QL17.

cpborello
08-19-2007, 13:10
CL with 40/2.

Bob Michaels
08-19-2007, 13:38
Usually a Stylus Epic. But right now I have a QL 17 in the glove box of my car.

RHaroldP
08-19-2007, 13:38
CL
I have a Minox 35 ML, but it seems too fragile.

amateriat
08-19-2007, 13:42
My littlest favorite little guy: Ricoh GR1. Going a tad bigger: Konica Auto S3.

- Barrett

drewbarb
08-19-2007, 13:44
My favorite little guy has got to be Danny DeVito. He's not always with me, but he's hilarious.

Roger Vadim
08-19-2007, 14:12
I used to carry a Revue 400SE (Like Minolta S7II)
a very sharp 1.7/40mm lens, some say it simmilar to the cl 40mm (built in collaboration with Minolta) well, rumors. but it is my sharpest fixed RF (way better than the overvalued Canon Q17 III, a bit ahead of the RC and now very beloved yashica gs)
If the oly RC would only be one stop faster...
the rollei is stupid without a RF - the lens is nice though, good for mountains... (that is what my mom said;))

TheHub
08-19-2007, 14:40
Rollei 35 for 35mm
Minolta Semi-P for 120

kshapero
08-19-2007, 14:47
My favorite little guy has got to be Danny DeVito. He's not always with me, but he's hilarious.
I should have known, Kentucky.

sepiareverb
08-19-2007, 15:07
Contax T2 these days, previously it was the TVS, but I'm really loving that little lens the T2 has.

mfunnell
08-19-2007, 15:33
I like my XA a lot, and it gets a bit of use. But it doesn't really work between bright sunshine and indoor work, because its EV range doesn't cope so well with ISO 400 film (its struggling at f16 on a bright day). And my go-everywhere camera needs an all-purpose film.

My Contax T2 is a very, very nice camera which is my backup camera for whatever I'm carrying on weekends, usually loaded with Fuji Pro 160S.

But my weekday go-everywhere camera is my mju-II ("foreign" version of US Stylus Epic) because its small, light-weight and can cope with a wide-enough EV range with its near permanent load of Fuji Superia 400 (occasionally Kodak Max 400).

...Mike

oftheherd
08-19-2007, 15:47
Probably have to say my Canonet QL17.

This being RFF, that was my first thought too. However, as a pocketable camera, that lens sticking out requires a cargo pocket. My favorite for pocketing would be my Welta Welti. A 35mm folder, but sorry, not RF. It does however, have a sharp lens, fits in pockets if a little heavy, but built like a tank.

oftheherd
08-19-2007, 15:49

EEEK! And you living in Florida? It is a better camera than to be treated like that. In a glove compartment? Poor little thing. :D

bobkonos
08-19-2007, 16:56
Bessa L with the CV 15mm lens.

anandi
08-19-2007, 17:22
The answer 'used to be the Minox 35 GL' but since I discovered the XA, I rarely pull out the Minox. The rangefinder ensures focus accuracy and I find is a much faster camera to use. I really liked fiddling with the Minox though, and the out of focus shots were cool.

mfunnell
08-19-2007, 17:24
EEEK! And you living in Florida? It is a better camera than to be treated like that. In a glove compartment? Poor little thing. :DI keep a Zorki 6 in the glovebox. It seems a little tougher.

...Mike

Doug
08-19-2007, 17:31
No question, the Minolta CLE which replaced an Oly 35RC which replaced a Pen D2...

Keith
08-19-2007, 17:38
My black 1936 Leica II with a collapsable 50mm Elmar or 35mm Summaron fitted. Not only is it a very small and compact shooter ... it's easy on the eye!

tkluck
08-19-2007, 17:52
little: Rollei 35
LITTLE: Minox C

GeneW
08-19-2007, 18:42
Olympus XA in a belt pouch

Gene

gavinlg
08-19-2007, 19:14
Easily my Olympus XA - Best small camera I've used. In fact it's probably my main travel and daily camera.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1177402171

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1177397573

There's two samples, both wide open.

Ducky
08-19-2007, 19:38
My favorite was the Olympus Stylus Epic but I lost it years ago. I replaced it with a Stylus Zoom (35-70mm) but the Epic was a sweet camera with a sharper, more versitile lens.
Funny how you get attached to something and nothing else can compare,even though there's very little difference.

Bingley
08-19-2007, 19:41
I voted for the XA. Mine has been a trusty friend for about 25 years, and was my first rangefinder camera. However... I recently acquired a Canonet Q17 GIII, and really like the small size plus ability to do manual control, and love the way it renders color... my affections have been tempted!

feenej
08-20-2007, 04:48
Olympus 35 RC

MartinP
08-20-2007, 05:20
I have used a Konica Big-Mini for years. That was perfect, with plenty of overrides to enable just the required results, and a very very sharp lens.

Unfortunately the ribbon cable on the back door cracked this Spring, so the camera is probably dead. I didn't test it afterwards, but all the lcd info-display and the controls are on the back, so it is much reduced in functionality. Maybe someone has a dead Big-Mini with a good ribbon-cable which they want to get rid of ??

After that, I found a Mju-II in a junk-shop, but it does seem to be more flare-prone than the Konica. The jury is still out on that as there is also no exposure compensation, so far as I can see.

Alternatively, there is always the Zorki-1 . . . Ooops, I forgot that I still have the Pen-EE which preceded the Konica - I wonder where it is . . .

ZeissFan
08-20-2007, 05:37
Lately, Zeiss Ikon Tenax II and/or Agfa Optima-Parat.

sebastel
08-20-2007, 06:15
in old film times: rollei 35 LED

an XA i once had surrendered to the dust. the electrical shutter release stopped to give contact, so i had to get rid of this otherwise quite lovely camera. its replacent, the rollei, served well until the shutter rewind got stuck - feels like sth is broken and the lens can no longer be collapsed.
after this, a nikon FM2 became the carry around camera, followed by leica IIIC and leica M6.
then the digital era began.

currently, my carry everywhere is a ricoh GRD.

steamer
08-20-2007, 06:40
Love my Contax T, small but that little sonnar is fine. Martin P had to go and mention my other love camera, The Konica big mini. Not many people know about that one. A great little camera but alas fatally flawed by the circuit ribbon that breaks in all of them. After buying 3 broken ones, I have given up on trying to get one off e-bay . In June I bought one for about 75 bucks at a Tokyo camera shop, it worked until I got it home and put film in it. I know there a big mini is waiting for me in a second hand store somewhere.

Iskra 2
08-20-2007, 06:45
Minox 35GL. Tough, cheap, quick (if you know how to zone focus and set the aperture in the dark :) ), and a great lens compared to my new (refurbed :D ) Fuji Z1 which I sometimes carry around for "refrigerator" prints (not serious stuff). Regards.

cbphoto
08-20-2007, 06:52
ricoh gr-1, and recently, olympus epic. the olympus is kinda annoying due to the flash setting non-stickiness, but you can hide the thing in your palm and take sneaky photos.

KoNickon
08-20-2007, 07:09
I voted for the XA -- I only got one recently and have only shot one roll with it, but I was truly stunned by the quality of the pictures. I like the ergonomics, even though the shutter release is a wholly different feel from just about any other camera I have. Very accurate meter too. The Rollei 35s are nice, but rather heavier and not as slim as the XA (and rather fiddlier). I love my GR-1; it's just a brilliant camera. But a 28 isn't as good an all-around lens choice. Finally, I must admit that for skiing or other situations where compactness and speed of use is key, the Stylus Epic is usually what I bring.

Finder
08-20-2007, 07:40
My (coat) pocket camera is a Hexar AF. I was going to get another great little camera, the Nikon 35Ti, but turning off the flash was a pain. Unfortunately, I missed the chance to get a Nikon 28Ti.

My (Goretex coat) pocket camera is a Nikonos V.

Kent
08-20-2007, 08:23
Of the ones I have used: Rollei 35 (What a great cam!)
Of the ones I presently own: Minolta Hi-Matic F (almost perfect p&s)

RichC
08-20-2007, 08:36
Anything cheap, tiny and digital. Currently an Olympus mju, as they're water- and dust-resistant.

The only film camera I have is a Rollei 35, but I've never used it. Athough I shoot digital only, the idea is that when I go travelling, I have a mechanical film camera for emergencies, if I get stuck somewhere without electricity or an Internet cafe...

nightfly
08-20-2007, 08:44
For you Olympus Stylus Epic (non zoom) fans, how does it do with black and white film?

I really like my Yashica T4 for a go anywhere color camera, but for black and white, for whatever reason, I don't really like the results. Something with the exposure makes them seem a bit flat.

I'm tempted to get a Stylus for black and white and keep color in the T4.

cbphoto
08-20-2007, 09:43
Love my Contax T, small but that little sonnar is fine. Martin P had to go and mention my other love camera, The Konica big mini. Not many people know about that one. A great little camera but alas fatally flawed by the circuit ribbon that breaks in all of them. After buying 3 broken ones, I have given up on trying to get one off e-bay . In June I bought one for about 75 bucks at a Tokyo camera shop, it worked until I got it home and put film in it. I know there a big mini is waiting for me in a second hand store somewhere.

i really want a big mini. are the flash settings remembered after the power is shut off?

ruby.monkey
08-20-2007, 09:44
For me it's a tatty old Leica IIIf with Voigtlander 25mm f/4 Snapshot Skopar - small, solid, and a great combination for street snapping.

shadowfox
08-20-2007, 10:48
My XA is perma-welded into my jeans pocket :D

Last week I used this XA-produced picture:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1388/901036775_3846f2c2e1.jpg
as a slide background at the church. No one believed me that it's not from a DSLR :)

Other pocketables that I also like:
- Olympus Trip 35
- Olympus Pen EED (half-frame, pancake design f1.7 zuiko lens)
- Yashica T4 (zeis lens is sharp!)
- A limited edition f3.5 Stylus Epic (mirror like body)
- Olympus ECR (or EC)

Kudos to those who use MF folders as pocketables, love them too.

kuvvy
08-20-2007, 10:52
I have an XA which ets only occasional use and I have a Stylus Epic (two in fact) and they are undoubtedly good cameras but the one camera that gets chosen most is the Pentax Espio Mini (UC-1). Pocketable, if a little boxy in shape and the size of a pack of cards it has a slightly wider lens than most with 32mm. Once took a shot of my daughter on a pebble beach and every pebble was clear and sharp even at the edges of the pic. Highly recommend this camera.

steamer
08-20-2007, 16:29
i really want a big mini. are the flash settings remembered after the power is shut off?

No and that was a bit of a pain.

sepiareverb
08-20-2007, 17:00
...I was going to get another great little camera, the Nikon 35Ti, but turning off the flash was a pain. ...

I got one that had something wrong with that top dial display- the counter wouldn't reset properly, and turning off the flash was a pain. I really wanted to like that camera. Felt good in the hand, the lens was very nice, actual analog readout (imagine that)- but it was harder to shoot than the Contax T2 or TVS.

bobkonos
08-20-2007, 17:07
My black 1936 Leica II with a collapsable 50mm Elmar or 35mm Summaron fitted. Not only is it a very small and compact shooter ... it's easy on the eye!

Keith,

What's the serial number of yours? Mine is 144470.

noimmunity
08-20-2007, 17:18
surprised not to see any Bessa L (aka Cosina 107-SW) with a wide or superwide lens mount used at hyperfocal distace... My friend has one, and it's sweet and toy-like with sharp results.

I love pocketable cameras: Fuji Natura Black, Yashica T5D, GRD, Fuji F20.

While in Japan I had a look at the new Fuji Klasse models (S and W). Look nice and handle well, and the price is much better than what you see new on ebay, but the body is substantially bigger than a GR1. If it weren't for the Zeiss Ikon, I might have succumbed...

bobkonos
08-20-2007, 17:42
surprised not to see any Bessa L (aka Cosina 107-SW) with a wide or superwide lens mount used at hyperfocal distace... My friend has one, and it's sweet and toy-like with sharp results.

Uhhh...I voted for the Bessa L with the C/V 15mm f4.5 lens in my post. I am going to japan soon and plan to take it with along.

Which camera stores did you visit there?

Doug
08-20-2007, 21:25
Some of you guys must have pretty big pockets..."Which small camera makes the best 'always with you' companion?" Doesn't necessarily have to be a pocket camera... :) Indeed I never carry cameras in pockets.

pvdhaar
08-20-2007, 21:39
A Nikon-D50 with 35-70/2.8..

You may think I'm kidding, but it's really what I've got with me everyday..

My pocket camera used to be the Minox 35, but after three of them died within a short time span, I moved to a Bessa-T with 25/4. Somehow, I get sidetracked by the flexibility of the DSLR every once in a while, and take that with me for a couple of months.. I'm sure I'll go back to the T with 25 somewhere later this year again..

IGMeanwell
08-20-2007, 22:11
Film wise, a Yashica T4

Love that camera.... the lens is truly exceptional

I generally only use color film in it, I prefer Fuji 400 Superia

also it happens to have one of the best cameras for flash and fill flash that I have used on a compact

350D_user
08-20-2007, 22:49
"Something else"... the Leica Standard with the 3.5cm Elmar. :)

oscroft
08-20-2007, 23:16
It's an XA for me, and in a way I'm surprised to be saying that, because I bought a new XA2 a long time ago but never really got on with it - I'm not a great fan of the plastic clamshell feel, and while the photos I got from it were OK they definitely lacked something. But then on impulse I bought an XA when I saw it going cheap last year, and the results were a revelation - the lens is quite superb. So now it goes everywhere with me, loaded with HP5, Tri-X or Delta-400 (depending on my mood). My only criticism is that I'd like it to be a bit more robust - it got a knock a few months ago and now the rangefinder is vertically misaligned (but that's not a real problem - it's still accurate).

kshapero
08-21-2007, 03:07
Hey noimmunity (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=14224) you have a very nice rig.

noimmunity
08-21-2007, 07:34
Hey noimmunity (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=14224) you have a very nice rig.

why, thank you! even though i took a bit of a loss selling most of the r3a setup, i'm really happy with the final result... it's a rig that touches all the bases at different points (except red dot fever): quality, portability, speed, FL variety, ergonomics, and panda-bility!

noimmunity
08-21-2007, 17:33
i'd like to do a poll on the pros and cons of listing gear in one's signature, but i've been unable to figure out how to set up a poll :confused:

basically, i see it from two points of view: 1) i like to see what kit other people are using ; 2) yet i wonder if it might not be better for the community to not list it under the signature ?

rich815
08-21-2007, 17:49
I really like the XA, which IMO, blows the Epic out of the water in terms of sharpness and lens character. But I must say my Rollei 35T gives me the best results for B&W work in a compact little package.

Other than that my favorite little guy has to be Stewie.

Doug
08-21-2007, 17:51
i'd like to do a poll on the pros and cons of listing gear in one's signature...
basically, i see it from two points of view: 1) i like to see what kit other people are using ; 2) yet i wonder if it might not be better for the community to not list it under the signature ?Yes, I agree with the conflicting benefit vs hazard. There is also modesty to consider, when the list might be embarrassingly long. :D

I don't know that there's a useful middle ground, such as using generalities, avoiding specifics... Or maybe just listing a few favorite RFs would do.

mfunnell
08-21-2007, 18:02
i'd like to do a poll on the pros and cons of listing gear in one's signature, I've been toying with the idea of setting up an album in the gallery with photos of my gear (the link to which could be put in my signature). Perhaps that's an idea others could adopt. We're photographers, right? So why not show our gear (to anyone who wants to look), rather than list it?

...Mike

bobkonos
08-21-2007, 18:14
I did a lot of the shopping on line before I went. The auction sites in Japan have a lot of stuff but don't ship outside Japan. Some stores also list used items on the web that you can reserve by contacting them. For new items, there are web vendors that are cheaper than most stores, but again they won't ship overseas. Generally, these web-based deals are available to visitors from overseas only if you have a reliable address in japan at which someone can receive the items. Not to mention the fact that reading japanese, which I can, is probably essential.

The one thing that is a good deal in Japan no matter where you buy, it seems, is the current line of Cosina manufactured Zeiss products. The retail price in Japan is generally 10-20% off what you see in the States. A ZM Biogon 25/2.8 costs 91,200 (just a random sample of one store), approx. US$797. The price at B&H is $US923. ZM lenses are starting to show up used now, and you if you go to a big camera store with a used department, you might just get lucky and find a deal on a superb lens that is for all intents and purposes new.

The L with that superwide is a sweeet set-up!!!

Many thanks for the tips on ZM lenses. I am specifically looking for a Nikon S4 but doubt that the price will be to my liking in Japan. But perhaps this will be my opportunity to find a used Zeiss set up...anyway, thanks a lot. We may have tickets to a Sumo match, so the Bessa L with the 15 is essential. :-)

Kent
08-22-2007, 06:39
Of the ones I have used: Rollei 35 (What a great cam!)
Of the ones I presently own: Minolta Hi-Matic F (almost perfect p&s)

Sorry for quoting myself, but I forgot:

Digital cams: Pentax Optio S (You can't get any smaller, I guess.)

Joe Mondello
08-22-2007, 07:02
Well once-upon-a-time it was the XA. I had the original and carried it everywhere. No idea where those pictures are after several moves!!!

These days my go-everywhere is a Canon G7 which has proven itself over and over again. If the G9 improves on it, I'll get that!

But for RF see my sig . . . .

Spider67
08-22-2007, 07:09
Something else:

Olympus 35 RC

A remarkable little beast.
to mention my bang around SLR: Nikon FG + 50mm Series E

noimmunity
08-22-2007, 18:55
Many thanks for the tips on ZM lenses. I am specifically looking for a Nikon S4 but doubt that the price will be to my liking in Japan. But perhaps this will be my opportunity to find a used Zeiss set up...anyway, thanks a lot. We may have tickets to a Sumo match, so the Bessa L with the 15 is essential. :-)

One more deal I saw at Asahido Camera in Nagoya: the Bessa T 101 sets are selling new for about US$475. Since you have an L it probably doesn't mean that much to you, but it might be a good way to upgrade a little and get a (by others accounts) great lens.

Enjoy!

NickTrop
08-22-2007, 19:53
Konica Auto S3

landsknechte
08-22-2007, 21:22
Leica IIIc

Dr. Strangelove
08-23-2007, 07:16
I have the newer Big Mini F with F2.8/35 mm lens. Unfortunately it does not remember any settings after power off. It is also not as durable design as the Olympus Stylus Epic / -II, but I think that the BMF has a slightly better lens and it has manual exposure compensation. Only -1.5 or +1.5 EV (f-stop), but it's better than nothing.

dazedgonebye
08-23-2007, 07:20
Stylus Epic 35mm f2.8

jack palmer
08-23-2007, 07:46
Something else. Pentax MX This is a camera the compliments my MP. The SLR that you would have thought Leica would have made.

bobkonos
08-23-2007, 08:17
One more deal I saw at Asahido Camera in Nagoya: the Bessa T 101 sets are selling new for about US$475. Since you have an L it probably doesn't mean that much to you, but it might be a good way to upgrade a little and get a (by others accounts) great lens.

Enjoy!

I would love a grey Bessa T 101 set (trigger winder, too) and that is a great price. I trhought they were all gone, apparently not. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Putting together a compact kit will be a challenge. Last time there I took my C/V R2S with C/V 25, Nikkor 50 f1.4, and C/V 85 f3.5. May do the sa,e this time.

rbsinto
08-23-2007, 08:39
My smallest camera is my S3, but it's not always with me.
Most of the time I schlepp SLR's, and the one I carry the most when I'm only taking one is a motorized Nikon FA with a Tamron SP 35~105 2.8 AIS lens.

charjohncarter
08-23-2007, 08:56
Olympus Stylus Infinity, and this one really does fit in your pocket. See attachment:

Ade-oh
08-23-2007, 09:32
A Minox LX: an absolute beauty of a camera which can go more or less anywhere.

Andrew Sowerby
08-23-2007, 09:51
Another vote for Olympus Stylus Epic.

shadowfox
08-23-2007, 10:04
I've been toying with the idea of setting up an album in the gallery with photos of my gear (the link to which could be put in my signature). Perhaps that's an idea others could adopt. We're photographers, right? So why not show our gear (to anyone who wants to look), rather than list it?

...Mike
Mike, Amen! you and I are in the same frequency, that's exactly what I did sometime ago. It does get a bit tacky listing my cameras (some of them are no longer mine) in my signature. And I always like to use my cameras as subjects to learn still-life/produce or flash lighting (they look cool and they stay still :) ).

noimmunity
08-23-2007, 15:15
I would love a grey Bessa T 101 set (trigger winder, too) and that is a great price. I trhought they were all gone, apparently not. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Indeed, the one at asahido camera right now is grey.

Doug
08-23-2007, 17:14
Hi Chris -- I'm glad there is room for many opinions. :) I carry my little Canon ELPH Jr in its Canon belt-pouch. Larger cameras hang from one shoulder and hide under or behind my elbow. I find it uncomfortable to have a camera around my neck and bouncing on my chest...

kvanderlaag
08-26-2007, 13:15
CL with 40/2 Cron.

back alley
08-26-2007, 13:17
keegan, where ya been?

joe

Berliner
08-28-2007, 12:18
Rollei AFM

sirius
08-30-2007, 09:34
I've always wanted to own a nice XA. That said, I thought the Olympus epic was great and I didn't feel precious about it. Right now my Ricoh GRD is the smallest camera I own so it is officially my favorite "little guy". cheers

rbiemer
08-30-2007, 10:07
Pentax UC-1 for me. Slightly bigger than the Stylus Epic( but more rectangular, so it fits my hand better) and the VF isn't as "fiddly".
I do like the Epic but mom "borrowed" mine, so I needed to find a replacement. I found a NOS* Pentax before I came across another Epic. They both fill the same niche for me: fixed, reasonably fast and slightly wide lens. Compact, splash resistant, and decent battery life.
The one irritation with these, for me, is the same one--the default setting for the flash is "on" instead of "off".
Rob
*NOS= New, Old Stock.

andreas
08-30-2007, 10:17
The lack of a coupled rangefinder in my little Rollei convinced me to get bigger pockets, so now it`s a M6 with CV 28mm Skopar.

CosmicCharlie
08-30-2007, 10:30
1980's gray leica mini with fixed elmar 35mm lens

everythingy
08-30-2007, 13:26
My small guys - Oly XA and Minolta AF-C aren't working too well atm so Olympus Trip 35, King Pacer 35CLK or Cosina Compact 35S is about as small as it gets when I'm not bringing several in a bag.

cbphoto
08-30-2007, 13:39
I have the newer Big Mini F with F2.8/35 mm lens. Unfortunately it does not remember any settings after power off. It is also not as durable design as the Olympus Stylus Epic / -II, but I think that the BMF has a slightly better lens and it has manual exposure compensation. Only -1.5 or +1.5 EV (f-stop), but it's better than nothing.

i just picked a bm 301 on ebay fairly cheap. i also picked up an xa. no more shopping for a very long time.

developed my first few rolls of tri-x from the epic this week, and i am impressed. it holds its own next to my leicas and ricoh gr1.

BillBingham2
08-30-2007, 13:41
Nikonos III, she's not small, but very solid. B2 (;->

literiter
09-04-2007, 07:06
OK, I got a XA, M2 and a M4-P, a Zeiss Contessa and a little Welti 1 for my small cameras. The XA is small and very useful, the Leicas are larger and also great, but for sheer joy of using and looking at; my favorite camera (today) is my little Welti 1.

You said "favorite" not most useful remember.

Yes, tiny viewfinder, fussy film advance, remember to set the shutter, remember to set the focus. Ergonomically this camera is wretched.

But, a coated f3.5 Tessar lens set in a compur shutter looks like a jewel and is remarkably sharp. Folds easily and opens with a snap. More basic than a M2, not that much bigger than a XA.
Usually inexpensive.
I like the look of the little thing, beautifully made, and it shows. This will be my favorite camera.

kbg32
09-11-2007, 10:13
Ricoh GR1.

amateriat
09-11-2007, 10:46
Ricoh GR1.
Hmm...that makes two of us...

- Barrett

Burlap Jacket
11-03-2007, 17:29
Though I have an XA, I find my Yashi T4 Super more of a go to camera. The rf on the XA is so dim that it's hard to focus at close distances.

Al Patterson
11-03-2007, 17:32
My smallest camera is a CL with a Summicron-C 40.

ully
11-03-2007, 17:50
I had a Rollei 35 and like it alot. I now have a Oly 35RC and think it is quite better than the Rollei for less $.