PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 LE

howpow
07-15-2007, 02:02
Hi Folks. I just picked up a Oly 35 LE. It appears to work OK but the vierwfinder is very cloudy. My problem is that I cant see how to remove the top as the shutter button is in the centre of the advance lever and I cant work out how to remove it. Also any info on this camera would be appreciated as they are fairly rare and there is not much info on Google. :confused:
Thanks, Howard

Trius
07-15-2007, 08:23
Howard: I think Rich Silfver may have an LE, so you may want to send him an email. (He hasn't posted here since March, so may not be monitoring the site.) I have an LC that is jammed so I may have to take it apart; if that yields any clues I will let you know.

howpow
07-15-2007, 19:31
Hi Trius. Thanks for the reply. I'll drop him an e-mail. Intersting camera!
Howard

shadowfox
07-16-2007, 12:07
Howard, if you managed to rig the battery for this camera from a commonly available substitutes, please inform me about it.

About removing the top, just in case you haven't check, this forum is very helpful:

http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

howpow
07-17-2007, 21:19
Hi Shadowfox. I have traced an apparent replacement battery. It is a A1PX. I've ordered a couple through the mail and when they arrive I'll test them and post my findings. BTW I managed to remove the top OK. I had to improvise with bike tube rubber and pliars but it all worked out OK.
regards, Howard

howpow
08-01-2007, 18:27
Just a follow up. I received the A1PX battery and although it fits perfectly the results are massive overexposure. However I tried putting a PC640A and a PX625A (total of three volts) which combined are the same size as the A1PX and the results look as if they are pretty close. I will put a film through it in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

howpow
08-10-2007, 00:54
Hello again. I have tried every battery combination from 1.5V through 3 V and on to 4.5 volts and have run a couple of films through it but the exposures are all over the place. Some are exposed perfectly, others are underexposed by many stops and sometimes the shutter hasn't opened at all. I might pull it apart sometine but for now it can sit on the shelf and look pretty. Perhaps I can turn it into a 6 transistor radio? :D

tomperson
09-03-2008, 13:27
Could you please tell me if the Olympus 35 LE works in full manual mode without batteries? Or is it just an auto camera that needs batteries?

THANKS

shadowfox
09-03-2008, 14:49
It won't work without batteries.

180photos
12-06-2015, 13:59
LOT OF INFO ABOUT OLYMPUS 35 LE:

http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/affich_FT_eng.php?id_appareil=3003