PDA

View Full Version : Night shots from downtown Tel Aviv - Olympus 35SP

Assaf
06-18-2007, 03:40
Hi,
the following shots were taken from a single overdated roll of Neopan 1600 film. They were shot within one our, about two weeks ago at the old central station area in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
The shots are far from being tchnically perfect since I had trouble measuring light, distance, and some exposures were too long for a hand held camera. But I think there's some interest in them after all.
Hope you like them, any comments would be appreciated

Here are three snapshots

Assaf
06-18-2007, 03:43
and here are three more

alexz
06-18-2007, 03:52
Hi Assaf.
First of all, wlecome on-board, very nice to see another Israeli fellow RFFer (we are about 5-7 now on RFF).
I think I can recognize the location on the middle picture of the second set - somewhere over Ayalon highway...am I wrong ?
The last one of the second set may hint the story...:-)

BTW, albeit having vast photo experience in general, just few weeks ago I stepped up into the wonderful world of B&W and manual processing...developed my forst roll (Tri-X in HC-110) just a week ago - several representative images of one are in my RFF gallery...

kshapero
06-18-2007, 03:58
Assaf, welcome aboard.

lZr
06-18-2007, 04:06
Welcome Assaf.
Nice shots. The second set hiding a story.

Assaf
06-18-2007, 06:14
Hi guys!
thank you all for the warm welcome!

Assaf
06-18-2007, 06:17
Hi Assaf.
I think I can recognize the location on the middle picture of the second set - somewhere over Ayalon highway...am I wrong ?
The last one of the second set may hint the story...:-)

Hi Alex,
you recognized correctly, the picture was taken from the Hagana bridge. The picture I liked most was the last of the first series....

charjohncarter
06-18-2007, 06:40
Welcome, Assaf! Those night shots are great. One of the very nice side benefits of RFF is that we get to see images from all over the world. And these images are not the post card photos that we usually see. Last week, a young man (19) posted some nice photos from Estonia.

shadowfox
06-18-2007, 09:53
Hi Assaf,

I like the second pictures from both sets. Especially the lone truck on the sub-highway (?) :)
More 35 SP users, yay!

Assaf
06-18-2007, 12:00
Hi guys,
Thank again for the warm feedbacks.
The truck was not on a sub-highway. It a kind of in in-construction road and it was a construction truck. I haven't completely figured out what they were doint there.

Xmas
06-18-2007, 12:18
Try a fast colour film, Ive to wait until it is wet, as that makes a big difference.
Mine are not as nice technically as yours, buying another camera wont help me either...

Noel

Assaf
06-18-2007, 21:03
Try a fast colour film, Ive to wait until it is wet, as that makes a big difference.
Mine are not as nice technically as yours, buying another camera wont help me either...

Noel

I shot a lot of high ISO handheld night shots on my digital. However, I prefer the BW for night street photography. You don't have to deal with the very annoying white balance issue.

Do you have any examples for your night shots?