PDA

View Full Version : Got Lucky!

wlewisiii
06-15-2007, 08:36
Stopped by St. Vinnies today and found an XA w/ A11 flash, in original box with manual. For $12 :angel: :D New batteries and it works fine.

Nothing else, just had to share my joy.

William

FrankS
06-15-2007, 08:38
From the title I thought it was going to be an off-topic post. :)

zuikologist
06-15-2007, 09:07
Hehe!

Congratulations. My XA lives with me most of the time.

shadowfox
06-15-2007, 12:47
Good job!

Your smile will get wider everytime you see the developed roll from the XA, there's always a shot that you'd never expect from it. :)

Trius
06-15-2007, 13:01
On the OM list we would call that a "Fang" ... good find!

jaypolaski
06-15-2007, 14:29
Very nice! I could go for one of those myself...gotta get to St. Vincents now...

juhor
06-15-2007, 14:49
I got my XA from my friends dad who was throwing it to the garbage. It came with the A11 flash but haven't used that much, I have time to experiment. XA is a great camera to throw in your bag and take occasionally snapshots of random subjects. The rangefinder (at least in my XA) is kinda dimm but I usually use 400 films (Adox CHM 400) so I can use higher f-numbers. The orange numbers in the focusing scale and aperture are for a hyperfocal point? f.5.6 focused at 3m if I remember correctly. That would be perfect for candid shots on the streets, have to try that next time around.

wlewisiii
06-17-2007, 22:27
Got a roll through it over the weekend but have to drop it off for dunking yet (walgreens/fuji 400 C41) but it seems like an interesting little camera. The only thing I think is going to bug me is just how twitchy the little orange spot is... :bang: I presume that's what's behing shadowfox's comment of "there's always a shot that you'd never expect from it. :) "

The fun part is that when I got to St. Vinny's & went back to the camera counter, it was sitting up on the counter. Someone had just looked at it, decided against it & they hadn't even had time to put it away when I snagged it. The batteries were dead so no apparent functions may have scared the previous person away, but good grief, $12 for the bet?

So at this point, I'm an even happier camper.

William