PDA

View Full Version : 35RC only 33 exposures from roll of 36

BennyBoy
06-07-2007, 12:35
I ran a 36 exposure test roll of HP5+ through my newly acquired 35RC yesterday, and at 33 exposures the camera would no longer wind on - I may even have torn the sprocket holes, youch! It was loaded according to the manual, should I be worried that something is not quite right?

I'll count the exposures once I soup the roll (the frames taken to get the counter to shot 1 should be obvious), but I just wanted to know if this is common? Everything else seems to be in working order, timer included.

owenreading
06-07-2007, 13:43
I've noticed that the frame counter often undercounts for me as I load and then wind on a couple of frames - often it's well below 1 at this point so it always under-reads. It depends how careful you are loading it. I usually get about 37-39 if I'm careful at the start.

Steve Bellayr
06-07-2007, 13:56
this is an issue that I am never concerned with. I almost always waste a shot or two making sure that the film is properly attached. Nothing is worse than shooting an entire roll and the leader did not catch. When that happens it's a truly sick feeling in the gut. I always watch one or two (and they are wasted) turns enter the take up spool. I shoot 24 exposures and sometimes with that idiosyncrasy I still reach 25. Remember that camera is circa 1970 and probably older than half the members of this forum.

Spider67
06-11-2007, 12:32
Well Steve I am from 1967 that amkes me feel rather dinosaurish...My 35 RC can squeeze out ven the last piece of Film although that means tha one third of the last pic is white.

BennyBoy
06-18-2007, 04:13
Did it again at 24 exposures, this time I then pressed the back firmly against the body anbd was able to wind on again. Is the camera back bent/sprained perhaps? Or could it be that the sprocket is worn?

Definitely frustrating.