PDA

View Full Version : Print Swap 10

T_om
05-28-2007, 10:13
Hello Guys,

Time for another Print Swap. I have been inundated with work this spring, so this swap is a little late coming.

And one small announcement.

We are up to PS 10 now. These swaps have been going on for almost two years now (time flies, doesn't it! :) ).

I have REALLY enjoyed organizing and coordinating these, but the real congratulations go to you, the participants. In all these swaps, we have had only two instances where participants did not honor the rules but we have had literally hundreds of prints go to members all over the world. The Print Swaps have TRULY been international in scope and participation. Thanks for being the community you are.

Now, sadly, I must pass the baton to someone else, at least for a while. As more and more work comes my way, I have less and less time. I have not had my rangefinders out of their bag in a year. :(

Soooo, I am looking for a volunteer to take over the organizing of the swaps. If you cannot commit to long-term, that is OK and hopefully I can step back in if needed at some point in the future. If you CAN handle this long-term, so much the better.

Please contact me at: tg.omeara(at)gmail.com if you would like to step up and volunteer for the job.

Meanwhile, let's kick off PS 10 and start the sign-ups as usual.

Please go here: http://home.comcast.net/~seaskate/index_files/Page361.htm

That is the FAQ and will answer all your questions. PLEASE remember to include all your past swap partners in your sign-up email so I can avoid duplicates.

We will keep the sign-ups open a week or so, as usual to let everyone have a shot at signing up that wants to.

Tom

PS: Joe, as usual, please un-sticky PS9 and sticky this one.

erikhaugsby
05-28-2007, 11:07
Fantastic. I'm up.

Mauro
05-28-2007, 22:59
subscription form sent to Tom.
I am sure it will be an interesting, fantastic project!
Thank you so much, Tom!

EmilGil
05-29-2007, 02:04
I'm on!

Mail sent to Tom.

RML
05-29-2007, 02:10
Email sent to Tom.

mtscherning
05-29-2007, 02:23
I'm in as well, mail sent!

raid
05-29-2007, 09:49
subscription form sent to Tom.
I am sure it will be an interesting, fantastic project!
Thank you so much, Tom!

Mauro,

I wonder if we randomely get matched up again for a print swap!

I'm in.

Raid

T_om
05-29-2007, 10:22
Signups are going well.

Still looking for a volunteer though.

Tom

PlantedTao
06-01-2007, 09:12
I'm in....email sent.

For now my schedule will not allow me to volunteer...hopefully in the future.
Cheers

Jason

T_om
06-01-2007, 11:13
Erik Haugsby has volunteered to take over the Print Swaps for a while after this one is over.

This current Swap, #10, will continue as before and Eric will monitor how things go so he will be ready to host the next one.

Thanks to Erik for stepping forward.

Tom

PS: Remy Lang also volunteered (after Erik)... thanks go out to him too.

Bryce
06-04-2007, 12:00
In again. I can't get enough!
Big thanks to both Tom and Erik.

biomed
06-04-2007, 14:12
Mail sent.

dancing wayang
06-04-2007, 14:39
have also just sent an email. hope i'm not too late.

T_om
06-05-2007, 19:52
Signups still open. I will be closing them and having the drawing at the end of the week.

Tom

drewbarb
06-05-2007, 20:01
Count me in!

GWHomeyer
06-06-2007, 23:47
I'm in for another. Looking forward to it.

T_om
06-11-2007, 13:07
Hello Print Swap participants.

Listed below are the Print Swap pairings for Print Swap 10. Please contact your partner at the email addresses given and arrange your swaps. If you do
not see your name listed, and you sent an email to join, please notify me immediately and we can find out what went wrong.

Everyone below was sent an email with this info included.

Thanks,

Tom O'Meara

PS: Congratulations to Anna, our first lady participant.

Pairings for Print Swap 10:

-----------------------------------
Remy Lang remy.lang(at)gmail.com
Anna Tjan anna(at)dancingwayang.com
Mauro Mittino mauphoto(at)leonardo.it
Thomas Robinson robinsonphotos(at)gmail.co
Ben Lloyd ben(at)divedive.co.uk
Raid Amin ramin(at)uwf.edu
Emil Gildebrand emil(at)gildebrand.com
Gerald W Homeyer gerald(at)photorenaissance.net
Paul Jones paul(at)fauxfotos.com
Mikkel Tscherning mikkelt(at)gmail.com
Patrick James photog(at)patrickjames.net
Erik Haugsby erikhaugsby(at)gmail.com
Jason Cundey plantedtao(at)yahoo.com
Mike Murphy biomed35(at)verizon.net
----------------------------------
Bryce Parker anvilfoot(at)yahoo.com
Lawrence Plummer plummerl(at)comcast.net

lilin menyala
06-11-2007, 13:30
are you saying i am the first female participant in any of the print swaps so far? blimey... :)

tom, remy - i've changed my user profile name just because i thought i ought to stick with the name i use in other forums too, otherwise i will be very lost in cyberspace very soon. the email address above is fine though.

anna

plummerl
06-11-2007, 18:35
We in Seattle (25% of the participants???) would like to thank you, Tom. We needed another reason to gather for a good brew!

Stephanie Brim
06-11-2007, 18:59
I keep on almost getting my enlarger and then NOT getting it for various reasons. This time I was poised to get a very nice one and my boyfriend's car died, effectively disabling my enlarger money. Maybe next time.

are you saying i am the first female participant in any of the print swaps so far? blimey... :)

tom, remy - i've changed my user profile name just because i thought i ought to stick with the name i use in other forums too, otherwise i will be very lost in cyberspace very soon. the email address above is fine though.

anna

T_om
06-16-2007, 11:25
I keep on almost getting my enlarger and then NOT getting it for various reasons. This time I was poised to get a very nice one and my boyfriend's car died, effectively disabling my enlarger money. Maybe next time.

Just have one of your files scanned and printed at a regular lab.

Get ready for the next swap now... No procrastination! ;)

Tom

raid
06-16-2007, 12:29
I have been trying to contact Ben. Maybe he can see me here.

Raid

Ben Lloyd ben(at)divedive.co.uk
Raid Amin ramin(at)uwf.edu

T_om
06-16-2007, 13:48
He posted 19 hours ago here: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=576515#post576515

Try sending him a PM.

Tom

raid
06-16-2007, 19:20
He posted 19 hours ago here: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=576515#post576515

Try sending him a PM.

Tom

Tom: I sent him a PM two days ago. Maybe he is busy.

Raid

RML
06-17-2007, 02:02
Anna, I sent out the file to have it printed. It'll be ready by next weekend.

raid
06-17-2007, 09:15
Ben and I have now exchanged addresses.

lilin menyala
06-18-2007, 00:47
Anna, I sent out the file to have it printed. It'll be ready by next weekend.

remy - yours is at the lab, too. should be able to pick it up some time this week.

biomed
06-23-2007, 18:21
Swaps accomplished. The four of us from the Seattle area met at the Big Time Brewery and traded prints. I received a beautiful print from PlantedTao. The beer and conversation was excellent. Much better than the postal service. We even had a couple more RFFers join us.

Mike

Bryce
06-23-2007, 21:34
Seconding Mike's assessment- the Seattle area meet was great!
Great to see you all there!

T_om
07-03-2007, 13:22
Wow, I'm glad to hear that this swap turned into a get-together for you guys... great!

Tom

lilin menyala
07-11-2007, 06:06
remy - the print went in the post to you finally a couple of days ago. please let me know when you've received it.

RML
07-11-2007, 10:39
remy - the print went in the post to you finally a couple of days ago. please let me know when you've received it.

Anna, probably around the same time my print will arrive at your office. :)

I had the print pack and ready to go for nigh a week on my desk and never got home in time to meet the post office. Finally got it out a few days ago. :eek:

Mauro
07-18-2007, 04:25
Few hours ago I received the print from Thomas Robinson: a great photo indeed!
The "print swap" is a great project: thank you Tom for your efforts, I am already waiting for the 11 edition.

T_om
07-24-2007, 09:17
Few hours ago I received the print from Thomas Robinson: a great photo indeed!
The "print swap" is a great project: thank you Tom for your efforts, I am already waiting for the 11 edition.

Glad all is going well. Any other contributors done with their swaps?

Tom

RML
07-25-2007, 09:06
Anna, have you gotten my print?

I've been away on holiday and I expected a few things to arrive while I was away (a mag and Anna's print from the UK, and a box of film from Taiwan). None of it has arrived yet and I suspect the mail is to blame. Summertime and the mailman's living is easy, I reckon. :(

shadowfox
07-25-2007, 11:26
Soooo when's the 11 edition, would be nice to know :)

erikhaugsby
07-25-2007, 11:47
I got my print out a few days ago, after accidentally thinking I mailed it a few weeks ago. :o

Anyways, shadowfox: They usually happen every three months or so, so I'm looking at starting signups around the middle of September.

raid
07-25-2007, 12:38
Glad all is going well. Any other contributors done with their swaps?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Ben and I have successfully swapped prints.
Thanks.

Raid

shadowfox
07-25-2007, 13:18
I got my print out a few days ago, after accidentally thinking I mailed it a few weeks ago. :o

Anyways, shadowfox: They usually happen every three months or so, so I'm looking at starting signups around the middle of September.

Cool, thanks Erik!

lilin menyala
07-27-2007, 09:27
remy - has my print still not arrived??? i sent it ages ago now. it really shouldn't take that long. please let me know.

your print did arrive and it's wonderful! thank you so much.

this being my first swap, i hope mine won't disappoint when it arrives (hopefully).

Anna, have you gotten my print?

I've been away on holiday and I expected a few things to arrive while I was away (a mag and Anna's print from the UK, and a box of film from Taiwan). None of it has arrived yet and I suspect the mail is to blame. Summertime and the mailman's living is easy, I reckon. :(

RML
07-27-2007, 12:11
remy - has my print still not arrived??? i sent it ages ago now. it really shouldn't take that long. please let me know.

Nope. Nothing arrived here from abroad. Not your print, not the mag I'm waiting for, not the film I'm waiting for. No idea what's keeping things. Sometimes I get the idea I'm on some sort of "intelligence" service black list.

your print did arrive and it's wonderful! thank you so much.

I'm glad it arrived safely.

this being my first swap, i hope mine won't disappoint when it arrives (hopefully).

Don't worry about it. When it arrives eventually I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :)

lilin menyala
07-28-2007, 13:12
remy - as long as you are still waiting for the other items as well, i am hoping they all will turn up. however, should your mag and films arrive and my print not, let me know and i will get another copy out to you.

RML
07-29-2007, 07:18
remy - as long as you are still waiting for the other items as well, i am hoping they all will turn up. however, should your mag and films arrive and my print not, let me know and i will get another copy out to you.

Anna, will do. Tomorrow I'll try to go to the post office and see if they can help me. I'll also ask the other senders for more information. I have no idea what's going on but it hasn't been the first time foreign mail takes ages to get to me, even from the UK. Odd.

RML
08-04-2007, 10:25
Anna, I got your print! :)

Looks great! Thank you.

It seems the Mail was on holiday for 3 weeks. On the same day I got your print, I also received my copy of Ag magazine from the UK and my order of film from Taiwan was also offered at the door.

lilin menyala
08-07-2007, 10:46
remy - glad it got there in the end.

erikhaugsby
08-18-2007, 14:52
I received Patrick's picture in the mail today.