PDA

View Full Version : Soft Release with RFF logo?

rbiemer
05-28-2007, 07:40
Folks,
Just visited one of our sponsors (http://www.rapidwinder.com/ (http://www.rapidwinder.com/)) and noticed this info in their upcoming projects page:
Classic (15mm) Softrelease with RFf - Rangefinderforum.com logo - final design to be decided - Our laser-guy works in batches of 100 so if we can get interest from at least 100 RFf-members we' ll consider going ahead. A chrome engraving on red Softie will look the best. The final price to be decided based on design etc.
I am very happy to see this. And I have publicly and privately expressed my desire to have a few.
So, I thought I would put up a poll about them to show Tom and Tuulikki that there is sufficient interest. And I also noted that the Mini SR is absent from the mention on their web site. I put a choice for those in the hope that if there is enough interest, they would offer RFF Minis as well.
Please note that,
1) I am not affiliated with rapidwinder.com or One-Off Industrial Designs in any way beyond being a happy user of their product.
2) This poll is just me hoping to show that there is enough interest to get this to happen.
3) I put a ten day time frame on this.
Rob

JoeFriday
05-28-2007, 08:52
my Leica and ZI both sport softies from Tom A.. I'd definitely like to 'upgrade' them to a RFF version.. but only if they have the dome top

Ash
05-28-2007, 10:02
I want one... but I don't know if I'd really use it, if I'd like using it. The button/dome-type would wind me up though. I like running my finger on the corner of a shutter.

OurManInTangier
05-28-2007, 10:04
I'd try a couple. Been thinking about a soft release so why not go for an RFF one. Any idea on unit price?

rbiemer
05-28-2007, 10:16
Probably a bit more than the standard prices. How much I don't know.
Rob

ChrisPlatt
05-28-2007, 11:33
A hat, shirt, lens cap or neckstrap with the RFF logo would be far more visible.

Chris

sienarot
05-28-2007, 11:44
I don't think the intent is advertising, more like showing your support to the board. With that said, I wouldn't mind getting one if I were to add another RF to the stable.

GoodPhotos
05-28-2007, 11:54
I bought a red and a black normal softie for my M5 and used them later on my M4P and got the mini softie for a Bessa R but that ended up on my FM2.
All four of those cameras are gone now but I kept the original (red) softie for possible future use.

The RFF softie would be nice, but I'd REALLY love Tom to make a softie option for the LTM Barnacks!
(I have been considering saving up the $500 for a Rapidwinder for my IIIf.)

back alley
05-28-2007, 12:09
we already have rff hats, very nice ones.

joe

Ash
05-28-2007, 12:17

joe

Hats rarely suit my weird head. Only two types sit properly;

Bowler hats are too 'weird' and beanies are too stuffy in this weather, especially with my near-shoulderblade length hair!

Maybe an RFF wristband or hairbands ? :D

ChrisPlatt
05-28-2007, 12:36
I don't think the intent is advertising, more like showing your support to the board. With that said, I wouldn't mind getting one if I were to add another RF to the stable.

Then why the logo? Just buy stuff from RFF advertisers to "show support".

I'd buy a tennis/polo/golf shirt with small RFF logo embroidered on...

Chris

rbiemer
05-28-2007, 12:42
Then why the logo?
Chris
Because I want three or so for my self, a subtle reminder of one of the few on-line places that I find useful for this hobby of mine.
And I can't buy 100 of 'em so if I can get 97 other folks interested, my selfish goal becomes easier to accomplish.:D
Rob

NIKON KIU
05-28-2007, 12:43
I voted yes but we Nikoneers need one in Nikon RF mount!

Kiu

trph_2000
05-28-2007, 14:17
Sure , why not. Put me down for three. But, I also think there
should be more color choice.

colyn
05-28-2007, 14:33
Sounds like a winner to me..

Richard Black
05-28-2007, 16:06
I'll buy one in any color, but I prefer the mini soft release, but whatever is available. PM me with instructions.

gavinlg
05-28-2007, 16:13
I'll have 2 if they can be sent to aus

nikon_sam
05-28-2007, 16:30
Just checking my gear to see which ones would benefit from a soft-release...
I could use a few...but not all of them would go on RF's...sorry!!!

ray_g
05-28-2007, 16:41
Tom's softies and mini softies are great, but I still have a handful from the RFF bulk purchase last year, so I think I will pass.

kshapero
05-28-2007, 16:57

joe
Where to order the hats?

back alley
05-28-2007, 16:59
i assume that they were part of the deal when jorge sold the site to stephen so i would ask stephen.

joe

Marc-A.
05-29-2007, 00:24
I don't need one, I won't buy one, sorry. Of course, not because of the RFF logo, but because I don't need a soft release and I don't see the utility of such an accessory. RF cameras (especally Leica M) are beautiful and perfectly usable without any soft release. My 2 cents.

KoNickon
05-29-2007, 07:59
I'd be interested in two or three.

dostacos
05-29-2007, 08:27
I want 4 black mini releases

Nando
05-29-2007, 19:17
I just ordered a green one last week. I wouldn't have been able to wait for an RFF-logo version. I feel naked without a soft-release on the camera. If Tom made a softie for the Barnacks, I'd probably get GAS for a IIIf again.

Does anybody know if there are any RFF hats left? I wouldn't mind getting one.

Tuolumne
05-30-2007, 05:43
When are they coming? :D:D:D

/T

mtbbrian
05-30-2007, 09:14
Will the mini fir on an R2A?
Brian

rbiemer
05-30-2007, 09:18
Will the mini fir on an R2A?
Brian
The mini fits all the R series according to TA's site. I used one on my R with no problem.
Rob

drewbarb
06-02-2007, 12:09
I'd like a couple either way, but I'd be especially interested if some percentage of the sales went to maintain this site. Will that be the case?

gertf
06-12-2007, 14:46
I'd sign up for two red RFF softies! If not too late :) Maybe one mini and one standard if you're ordering both?

rbiemer
06-12-2007, 18:55
I posted this poll to show our Head Bartender and Tom Abrahamsson what kind of interest there might be in an RFF branded Softie.
During the limited time the poll was active, there was interest in 131 of the softies--30 singles, 28 doubles, and 15 "more than two" which I counted as 3 for this post. That=131. Plus some interest in Minis. Plus gertf's interest in 2 more so 133. (gertf: we aren't ordering anything yet, I'm hoping to encourage production of 'em. And welcome abaord!)
Stephen? Tom? Hope you gentlemen are reading this!
Drew, since Tom is a sponsor of RFF, his business is supporting this site so certainly some percentage of his sales is used for that sponsorship. I'm happy to buy what I can use from him; good products and he's a nice guy.
Rob

gertf
06-12-2007, 19:51
Thanks for the welcome Rob!

I think it's a great idea, so thought I'd throw in my support for it.

Gert

Tom A
06-14-2007, 16:08
I posted this poll to show our Head Bartender and Tom Abrahamsson what kind of interest there might be in an RFF branded Softie.
During the limited time the poll was active, there was interest in 131 of the softies--30 singles, 28 doubles, and 15 "more than two" which I counted as 3 for this post. That=131. Plus some interest in Minis. Plus gertf's interest in 2 more so 133. (gertf: we aren't ordering anything yet, I'm hoping to encourage production of 'em. And welcome abaord!)
Stephen? Tom? Hope you gentlemen are reading this!
Drew, since Tom is a sponsor of RFF, his business is supporting this site so certainly some percentage of his sales is used for that sponsorship. I'm happy to buy what I can use from him; good products and he's a nice guy.
Rob

Hi!

Here FYI is the latest E-mail exchange on this. We'll take a Holiday
Break end of the month as family from Sweden coming for a visit --- so pls stay tuned. :-)

Subject:
Re: RFf Softie :-)
Date:
6/13/2007 9:33:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time
[email protected] ([email protected])
Reply To:

To:
[email protected] ([email protected])

Sent on:
Sent from the Internet (Details) (aolmsg://03bceec8/inethdr/1)

Thanks
Stephen

[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:

Hello Rob and Stephen,
We are trying to work out a suitable Softie for the Rangefinderforum. Thank you very much Rob for creating
the poll & interest for a RFf Softie! :-)
As wanting to make the price as shooter-friendly as possible we think it'll have to be a matte 2-colour
Softie ... maybe a red Classic Softie with chrome engraving - the RFf logo in the middle with Rangefinderforum.com around it. - Will talk to our laser-guy and keep you both posted.
Signing off Softly for now :-)
T&T
Mr B

mike goldberg
06-15-2007, 03:29
I have the mini, and it's a great product. Several times however, on the M2, I tripped the shutter accidentally because of the increased height. I find no need for the mini on the Bessa R... yet it may be great on a Fed-2c.
Cheers, mike

Seamus04
10-19-2008, 07:41
So... Did an RFF soft release ever happen?

Gary E
10-19-2008, 07:55
Hey, the poll is closed? Please count me in for more then 2 (preferably 4 if possible). I already have several from Tom, but you can't have enough of these softies. Also gives me more excuses to buy more RF cameras...

snip
10-19-2008, 08:02
I'd buy them, been thinking about getting these things anyway. need one for my R2, one for my future Leica and if I could get one for my Hasselblad and one for my Praktica (If there is one that is a Praktical solution for that) that'd be great too.

//Jan