PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 SP

DaveW
04-28-2007, 09:50
Hi,

New member, first post!

Unfortunately, I have a camera in need of repair - my Oly 35 SP does not cock the shutter -seems like the film advance and shutter are not speaking to one another. Where is a good place to send it? I'd rather send it to an independent repair person, with good references, of course.

Thanks, seems like a great forum!

jesse1dog
04-28-2007, 13:49
Hi Dave
Hope you like this forum and the people you meet here - an interesting lot with a great deal of knowledge too.

Don't know if I can help you.
If you are in GB Newton Ellis in Liverpool might be able to help.

Best wishes
jesse1dog

DaveW
05-01-2007, 12:47
No one has ever had one of these repaired? Man, I must be really unlucky then!
:bang:

Does anyone have an email for Karl Bryan (I think that is his name, repair guy).

Dave

DaveW
05-01-2007, 13:57
No sound after the shutter button is fired. Keeps advancing the film.

The shutter current is no where to be seen. That is, from the back, the lens is clearly visible, the shutter is obviously stuck back into the camera.

Dave

shadowfox
05-01-2007, 14:17
Wow there, you can't even see the shutter? now that sounds serious.

I had an OM-2 that does that, to fix it the camera tech needs to replace the whole shutter assembly from a donor camera. Now, it's easy to get a donor OM-2 because it's not rare, but 35 SP's are kinda rare.

If I were you, I'd give John Hermanson a call (zuiko.com) and describe the problem in detail, he may know exactly what's wrong, but my feeling says that you'd better sit down when you hear his price quote :)

Trius
05-03-2007, 19:02
I'm not an expert in repair, but it may be that the shutter is gummed up with oil or something.

If you are in the US, John Hermanson at Zuiko.com is perhaps the premier Olympus repair techs. Essex is also a repair firm that has gotten good reviews here, though I have not used them.

The camera is wonderful and is well worth getting set right. Good luck.

Earl