PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking of selling their SP or SPn?

Jeremy Z
03-29-2007, 13:06
I'm looking for a nice one, and hoping to find one that is in good shape from a known good source.

I didn't post a WTB ad, because I'm hoping to find one from someone who's on the fence about it.

The latest ones on ebay are a bit suspect; "body in good condition, sold as-is, we don't know anything about cameras" etc. There's one with a fogged lens from Australia that would cost $60 to ship here.

shadowfox
03-29-2007, 14:25
Hi Jeremy,

Have you considered this one?
Looks pretty clean.

Jeremy Z
03-29-2007, 15:50
I considered it, but from the larger version of the main pic, it looks like the filter ring is bent out a bit.

Also, "all settings work" ... that doesn't sound like something a person knowledgable about cameras would say? Would that person know if the light meter works? The spot meter? (technically, that's not a setting...)

I have to say that I'm biased against seller who won't put any effort into their descriptions. The pictures are junk, the description is two sentences...

To cap it all off, the guy's feedback rating isn't that impressive either. 98% of 5876 feedbacks means that 117.52 customers are not happy. (and that doesn't even count the neutrals) His negatives say that he does everything from shipping empty boxes, not refunding money, to waiting 2 weeks to ship. I'm not impressed. I have a 100% feedback rating over about 7 years on ebay. With some honesty and a little care, it isn't hard to do.

I have an offer from an RFFer for his that has been CLA'd, adjusted for modern batteries, and with a new brown leather covering. Waiting for pix, and considering whether I'd rather have that or a Rolleicord.

ruben
03-30-2007, 02:36
I have an offer from an RFFer for his that has been CLA'd, adjusted for modern batteries, and with a new brown leather covering. Waiting for pix, and considering whether I'd rather have that or a Rolleicord.

I could sell mine at a somewhat expensive price since I am a bit reluctant to, in general, and the camera is in FULL working order. But I will not compete against another RFF member. So finnish to deal with him with public posting at this thread attached, and we may start talking about mine (via PM or email). Fair enough ?

Cheers,
Ruben

Jeremy Z
03-30-2007, 21:13
Got one. Thanks Ray!