PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use A Pen F?

Shep
02-25-2007, 09:12
I am trying to sell some items on ebay for a friend and one of the items is a Pen F. Everything seems to work on the camera except when looking through the viewfinder the image is round. Is there something I don't know or is there just a part missing in the camera the creates the frame.

I took the 40mm F1.4 lens off and the the area where the mirror reflects into is round. I can't help but believe there is a piece missing that covers that area. Is my guess correct or is there someway to change the viewfinder?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

furcafe
02-25-2007, 09:20
Sounds like your friend has 1 of the medical versions of the Pen F (to be used w/microscopes, etc.).

I am trying to sell some items on ebay for a friend and one of the items is a Pen F. Everything seems to work on the camera except when looking through the viewfinder the image is round. Is there something I don't know or is there just a part missing in the camera the creates the frame.

I took the 40mm F1.4 lens off and the the area where the mirror reflects into is round. I can't help but believe there is a piece missing that covers that area. Is my guess correct or is there someway to change the viewfinder?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

ferider
02-25-2007, 09:30
Like Chris said. It's likely a PEN FT though.

Roland.

Shep
02-25-2007, 09:55
It is an Olympus Pen F. The viewfinder actually looks as if it is suppose to be round becasue it has a horizontal and a vertical lines in the viewfinder that intersect in the middle. There are no meter reading or indication of apeture setting. I am just trying to figure out how to describe it and if it is working as it should.
Steve

Shep
02-25-2007, 10:07
OK y'all were correct. It is the microscope version. Thanks for all the help. I knew if I asked in this forum someone would be quick with the answer. I did a search online for Pen F microscope and got the answer. Thank you so much for your help.
Steve