PDA

View Full Version : february subject is...shadows

back alley
01-30-2004, 22:01
first, let me say how pleased i am with the number of photos posted for january's topic. i am truly impressed with you guys and your photos.

and then, how disappointed i am in myself for not posting any.
i actually have been out shooting but the film is sitting on a counter upstairs waiting for development.
the upshot is i actually took the cameras out and shot some film which has been a goal of mine for some time.

february will be different!!!

ok, the subject/topic for february is - SHADOWS

i should do this in march for ground hog's day but what the heck!

ok, load the cameras, stay inside or head out, then shoot some pics!

joe

Rich Silfver
01-30-2004, 22:29
Great subject, looking forward to seeing the results

rover
01-31-2004, 02:25
We still want to see your Marketplace shots Joe, it is never too late to post.

GeneW
01-31-2004, 03:44
Great subject/topic, Joe. I never saw the original guidelines -- can we post a few images any time during the month or is there a posting date?

I like these themes. Gets me excited about getting out with my cams!

Gene

back alley
01-31-2004, 07:27
gene,

look for 'rff photo projects' section, post is titled 'at last' for guidelines.
you can post anytime.

joe

GeneW
01-31-2004, 12:42
Thanks Joe. Found it and read it.

One small suggestion, for us newcomers. Maybe you could edit the title to read something like "Project Guidelines' instead of 'At last' :)

Cheers,
Gene

back alley
01-31-2004, 13:03
good idea gene!
i just tried to change the title but can't seem to figure out how. so far, it will only let me change the subject within the post itself.

i will check with jorge to see if it's a possibility on his end.

thanks,
joe

SolaresLarrave
01-31-2004, 14:41
Shadows... Duly noted. Message acknowledged. Time to start thinking on ideas to shoot.

Peter
02-01-2004, 00:57
I missed the Marketplace project as the photos I have taken are so bad that they are not worth being posted! This coming month will be a busy one for me as projects are coming and everyone is all tensed up for the possible Avian Flu invasion here in Singapore!

Peter
02-01-2004, 01:05
I forgot the posting rules. Only photos that were taken during the month of Feburary are allowed to be posted? No old photos? :p

back alley
02-01-2004, 01:11
that's the goal.
the guidelines are posted in the rff photo project section.

guidelines (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=269)

joe

oftheherd
02-02-2004, 05:02
Glad to see the project. Last month was a real inconvenient time for me. I hear about the undeveloped photos! I also agree that if it got me out to think seriously about photos (which it did), that alone was worht it. I will see if I can't post one of my trivial efforts this month anyway.

back alley
02-07-2004, 11:02
so i went out with my camera this morning, thinking i would do a walkabout after my usual saturday morning coffee with the boys...not a ray of sunshine to be seen. therefore--- no shadows.
i guess there's always tomorrow...

joe

taffer
02-07-2004, 14:45
not too much luck here too, i went yesterday afternoon to an interesting park I discovered some weeks ago, but before I arrived there the sun covered with clouds and the air filled with an unpleasant and humid fog. good luck I found some interesting shots before, in another park, where I met a really nice... cat !

btw I like a lot this month's project, hope to be able to get some decent pictures ! :rolleyes:

GeneW
02-07-2004, 15:52
Having some challenges here in the snowy NE too. It's been overcast and either snowing or raining, or threatening one or the other, all week.

The sun broke out for awhile today and I was set to go then it retreated again.

Maybe tomorrow...

Gene

lars
02-08-2004, 08:59
Likewise, the sun only peeped out from behind the clouds on a few occassions. Might have to look indoors for a good shadow shot, but will try to find something outside again today, first. It's almost 9:00am and I can see some blue sky just behind the trees surrounding our house.

...lars