PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Camera around the world #3: How many frames?

Pherdinand
02-05-2005, 10:13
So i took the initiative with these two polls.
The question: how many frames per person; and, should we send the film with the camera.
With the 1 frame/person and send further option, please consider the x-raying problem and the possibility of sacrewing up that one single frame without noticing it in time.

Please, again, do not vote if you don't participate. Thanks.

FrankS
02-05-2005, 10:15
Good of you to do this, Pherdinand!

FrankS
02-05-2005, 10:18
Oops, couldn't find the VOTE button.

Once I do find it, I'm voting for a whole roll (24 or 36) by each photog. Like Pherdinand said, it'll avoid the xray problem, and who knows, a zealous custom's official may decide to open the parcel and open the camera to look for bad things.

Pherdinand
02-05-2005, 10:23
I goofed it up at first try so had to remake it, maybe that's why, Frank. Hope it works now (it did for me).

FrankS
02-05-2005, 10:34
Thanks! Could Joe make these thread polls sticky along with the sign-up thread and the Pass the Camera thread? Joe, please?

back alley
02-05-2005, 10:38
done!
and i voted too.

joe

Pherdinand
02-05-2005, 10:41
thx Joe.
(this line is to fulfill the 10-characters-minimum rewquirement :) )

digitalox
02-05-2005, 10:46
If there is any way at all around the Xray problem I think it would be neater to share rolls, but I don't see that there is, so I have to vote for a roll, preferably 24 so it moves quicker.

This also gives everyone the opportunity to develop as they see fit and there are no wildcards in the dev because of xrays or someone different processing it.

A suggestion, one may want to do the dev (quickly of course) before sending the cam just in case something goes awry. Still subject to the time limit of course, if you can't do it quick then take your chances and send it on.

taffer
02-05-2005, 12:54
Again, I voted for one roll/person. I love the idea of the whole contact sheet and how it would link each person to that camera, if you like you can put here some mantra or philosophical argument, the final contact sheet being a very personal entity on its own and in deep relationship with each shooter and etc. And no, I'm not on something, I promise :p

And let's face it, will reduce the risk of shooting with the lens cap on ! Been there, done that ! :p

thmk
02-05-2005, 13:58
I voted for one roll. So everybody can choose his favourite film (voted for that in the 2nd poll).

CleverName
02-05-2005, 14:45
I think I only average one good shot per roll. Having a whole roll to play with would give me a little leeway.

Krasnaya_Zvezda
02-05-2005, 15:46
If there is any way at all around the Xray problem I think it would be neater to share rolls, but I don't see that there is, so I have to vote for a roll, preferably 24 so it moves quicker.

No law that says you have to shoot the entire roll. I'm as guilty as any of leaving a camera sitting for weeks (there's one more frame in it!) before I get the film developed. Hell, I've taken a shot of my foot before just to finish the roll.

rover
02-05-2005, 17:56
One roll sounds like a good idea, but I am the guy who voted other. I think 3 or 4 is a good number.

Laika
02-05-2005, 18:58
I voted for a roll, users get to use the film they like, no screw ups with customs/xrays etc and we get to see results as the camera moves on and users upload pic's.

Krasnaya_Zvezda wrote:
"Hell, I've taken a shot of my foot before just to finish the roll."

hehehe ... me too :rolleyes:

digitalox
02-05-2005, 21:11
I usually waste those last few shots on more boring pics of my cats!

rbiemer
02-06-2005, 11:30
As much as I like the idea of one shot ,then on to the next photog, I one roll per because of the xray/inspection issues.
I don't use iy much lately but when I relied on my Oly stylus, the first shot on every roll was one of my feet--to check that I loaded correctly and the counter was advancing.
I think I'll hang a show of the 4x6's stuck to refridgerator doors with alphebet magnets(one pic per door). :D
"They all laughed when I got out my camera but then I started dragging in those refridgerator doors!" :D
Rob