PDA

View Full Version : 35SP delivers results

Igor.Burshteyn
01-25-2007, 07:10
Well, I developed and scanned first film from oly 35SP (after problem of sticky shutter was fixed). Must say I love both handling and results - it seems be a long term relationship, as affair with OMs.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=6638

Spot meter proven invaluable (now I want to add OM2s to my OM1), low light capabilities are exellent. And lens is pretty sharp. Definitely keeper.

femto
01-25-2007, 08:02
Hi Igor,

excellent shots!

Yes, the Olympus 35SP is really a 'keeper'! After a hefty GAS attack I'm thinking about which camera to sell, but the 35SP will get a place in my photo bag, for sure!

~HD

Archie
01-25-2007, 08:27
which film did you use?

nice shots, between, I'm currently filling my first roll with my 35RC.

shadowfox
01-25-2007, 09:10
Hi Igor, very good pictures, but I think I've seen sharper images coming out of the 35 SP.

You are obviously a very capable photographer (I love your compositions), so the only thing I can think of is maybe your SP lens is somehow out of alignment...?

I've been warned by the seller of my SPn that the lens although fixed, does have a "play" a couple of mm when forced to rotate to either right and left, then some others said that the lens shouldn't budge at all.

Maybe others here can provide 3rd or 4th opinions.

flashover
01-25-2007, 09:25
Just got a SPn last Sun. no play in the Lens.

Igor.Burshteyn
01-25-2007, 10:21
film is lford XP2+ or Kodak 400bw

Igor.Burshteyn
01-25-2007, 11:20
shadowfox - and all pictures were sharpened a little bit. I too feel that famious 35Sp lens should have done better with regards to sharpness. Though my 35SP doesn't have any lens play.
What about this one sharpness-wise? Same roll.

femto
01-25-2007, 13:01
Though my 35SP doesn't have any lens play.
What about this one sharpness-wise? Same roll.
Hi Igor,

my 35SP too doesn't have any lens play!

Regarding your pictures, IMHO both show a fine and crisp sharpness! Shouldn't be more!

And you are really a very capable photographer, both shots are lovely portraits!

~HD