PDA

View Full Version : First picture from my new Olympus XA!

femto
01-05-2007, 15:39
Hi all,

some weeks ago I bought an Olympus XA from *Bay.

In his description the former owner had written that he had used the camera until now and therefore the sealing had been fixed some weeks ago.

When the camera arrived I could verify that the camera was really in pretty good shape, the sealings had been replaced and the battery was still working.

So I put a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 400 inside and made some test shots.

The attached shot proves that this sweet little camera is still making sweet little pictures! :D

More to come the next days... :angel:

~HD

Austintatious
01-06-2007, 06:49
Hello femto, and welcome to the XA world!

I LOVE my XA also. They are sweet little cameras. Sounds like you got a nice one. Take it with you every where. They are so portable, you never have an excuse not to have a great camera with you and get the photo you otherwise would miss.
Here is one of my favorite XA photos of a recent roll. Kodak BW400CN film.
Enjoy your XA ! Post more photos!

Charles

femto
01-06-2007, 13:55
Hello femto, and welcome to the XA world!

I LOVE my XA also. They are sweet little cameras. Sounds like you got a nice one. Take it with you every where. They are so portable, you never have an excuse not to have a great camera with you and get the photo you otherwise would miss.
Enjoy your XA ! Post more photos!

Charles
hi Charles,

yes, the XA I got is really a nice one! :)

I'm suprised how sharp the pictures from this little lens are!

the attached picture shows that the XA is also a good camera for low light shooting:

and you can take nice architectural shoots:

and landscape shots:

the XA is really a multi-purpose camera! :D

my only complaint is the patch for focusing, which is difficult to see because the yellow colour faded nearly completely away... :(

~HD

femto
01-07-2007, 00:57

Hi Charles,

just forgot to say that your favourite XA shot is really beautiful! :)

~HD

Austintatious
01-07-2007, 09:52
Hi femto & thanks for the kind words!
I enjoy viewing your images as well. Another thing the XA is really great for is candid family portraits. You know, the kind we photographers love to take and our family members don't like so much! He:D He:D He:D
See what I mean below. Thanks again for posting!

Charles

c.poulton
01-07-2007, 10:47
The XA is the perfect camera for carrying around with you everywhere - it's so small it will fit into pockets with ease.

My XA needs some work on the light seals (which I hope to do myself this week), but other than that it's a user camera that looks like it has been used but works fine.

The focusing patch is difficult to see sometimes but I find that the XA is easy to zone focus, even with the lens opened right up.

And yes, it can be used for night shots. Here's an attempt of mine, hand held leaning against a lamp post for about a second os so, not breathing!

350D_user
01-07-2007, 13:01
I've just purchased an XA2 from an antiques fair for 10. Lovely little cameras these things are, but this one seems to have been given a hard life... the sliding cover's stiff, the counter doesn't appear to reset when the door's opened, and the two 10L14 batteries had corroded inside.

The corrosion doesn't appear extensive, but I can't rule out the innards have been affected. All I need is just two more batteries. :)

Trius
01-07-2007, 17:18
If I ever finish off the roll of Agfa Vista 200 that's in my XA right now, I'll post some more shots. For now here's a shot GeneW took yesterday when we met in Port Credit for brunch. My XA next to my LC.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/348066838_a676241490_o.jpg

borrel
01-09-2007, 15:23
My XA came out of 12 years of hibernation on Sunday. Just loaded a film and took a walk in the woods. It is dark up here in the north at this time of year and even darker in the forest. That little camera still has a lot of life left in it: http://abdallah.hiof.no/XA-20070107/

Henryzx
01-09-2007, 17:01
I have an XA and XA2 for sale in classified, let me know if anyone interesed

Xmas
01-10-2007, 05:17
Hey a bit of distorsion on the 1st post here, my XA4 is better then this, perhaps you need to send the cam to me.

Noel

350D_user
01-15-2007, 13:13
I've just purchased an XA2 from an antiques fair for 10. Lovely little cameras these things are, but this one seems to have been given a hard life... the sliding cover's stiff, the counter doesn't appear to reset when the door's opened, and the two 10L14 batteries had corroded inside.

The corrosion doesn't appear extensive, but I can't rule out the innards have been affected. All I need is just two more batteries. :) Alas, the electronics must've been hit by the corrosion, even though the contact looks clean. 2 SR44's were put into the camera, no life whatsoever. :(

One more to the collection... sadly.

shadowfox
01-15-2007, 14:07
My XA came out of 12 years of hibernation on Sunday. Just loaded a film and took a walk in the woods. It is dark up here in the north at this time of year and even darker in the forest. That little camera still has a lot of life left in it: http://abdallah.hiof.no/XA-20070107/
Good shots, my favorite is the last one (the window).

And here's one from the last roll I processed:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/353487915_5bd50bf2df_o.jpg
(http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/353487915_5bd50bf2df_o.jpg)

Santafecino
01-15-2007, 15:34
I have a couple of XAs and love the convenience. But I have never been able to fit a lens shade to an XA, nor attach filters. Does anyone know how?
Thanks much,
--Santafecino