PDA

View Full Version : Camera Around the World Poll #1

digitalox
01-22-2005, 19:08
Just a little poll I thought would be useful to get everyones opinions in one place on how handle the camera logistics. I think i got all the suggestions together here but if I missed some let me know and I'll add it.

digitalox
01-22-2005, 19:25
I voted for #1. I think we should use the same camera and type of film because I think this gives the project the most uniqueness. If we're all using different cameras and films, I think it is to close the RF book project. Not that there's anything wrong with that but that project is ongoing and those that missed the first go-around will get a chance soon to participate as it continues.

I think to pass an RF around, all of us touching it, taking pictures around our homes and haunts with it, is the most meaningful project and would be pretty neat.

Just my .02!

Todd.Hanz
01-22-2005, 19:46
Great idea, do we have a camera yet? I have two Yashica GSN's that I would donate fot this project.

Todd

digitalox
01-22-2005, 19:59
Well, lots of suggestions on cameras but no decisions yet. I figure the results of this poll will narrow that down a lot.

back alley
01-22-2005, 20:19
2 cameras!?

that just might be the answer.

joe

rbiemer
01-25-2005, 21:49
MY $.02--I voted for "RF around the world"
I think same camera/lens used by each of us would be a good representation of our collective "vision"

thmk
01-25-2005, 22:08
Oops.... haven't I seen that before? Did this thread got killed last weekend?
#1 is my #1. If I cannot afford travelling around the world at least one camera should get this chance :D

RML
01-25-2005, 22:29
The one camera around the world option is it for me. I like the idea all of us have handled the same camera with our grubby paws and soiled the VF for our lurid eyes.

Honu-Hugger
01-25-2005, 22:47
I like the romantic notion of one camera around the world and will certainly do anything I can to help facilitate making that happen.

However, I voted for number four because I think that option holds the best possibilty of this actually working within a reasonable period of time and cost. If it is the same brand disposable then we have the same film type and same lens (with a disposable I use the word lens loosely:D). What I see as the true beauty of this endeavor is the emphasis on the one image itself from each of us, not on the equipment that was used.

D2

Krasnaya_Zvezda
02-05-2005, 15:36
Option #1. Same camera, same lens, same film, different vision. My new mantra for this project.

canonetc
05-04-2005, 12:16
Great idea. some ideas for logistics:

1) Participants worldwide sign up, sign a pledge to not keep camera or film.
2) List is finalized after a certain time.
3) Map and direction of travel designed based on participants on list.
4) Participant receives camera, shoots for one week. If film runs out, film should be processed by shooter (with prints or negs sent back to someone like Pherdiand or Jorge).
5) Participant mails camera (with same roll unfinished or new roll of film) to next participant.
6) Camera makes it back to Jorge or Pherdinand, who finish off and process roll in camera (if any).
7) Best of 36 (or 90?) images posted online or published in Lulu book.

anyway, some ideas....

chris
canonetc

phototone
05-04-2005, 12:31
I think each participant should shoot a roll, and process it themselves, and submit their own selection of an image or several.

Pherdinand
05-04-2005, 12:37
That is already happening, phototone. :)

jbw
05-04-2005, 20:15
this is the coolest idea ever... i agree having one camera travel is by far the most inspiring way to do this... but whatever way will actually come to fruition ( ie disposable) is gonna be the answer.

back alley
05-04-2005, 21:06
ok guys, ya know this is IN PROGRESS now as we speak. the camera has left the building...

Kat
07-06-2005, 09:26
What happened to the project? Just read this thread for the first time, sounds very interesting.:)

thmk
07-06-2005, 09:31
It is ongoing. Results will be published here -> http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=4938

Cheers
Thomas-Michael

Kat
07-07-2005, 20:26
Thanks.:) What a wonderful idea.

dostacos
09-04-2005, 18:08
some model airplane people did the same thing with a specific type of electric biplane. each chosen pilot flew the plane and to pictures [digital P&S to be sure] and signed the plane before sending it to the next pilot.

there was also a film about a surfboard [a long board named single fin yellow] the shaper built the board and shipped it to a surfer on a different contintent, where a surfer was filmed while using single fin yellow.

Each surfer then sent the board on to another contintent and another ride. the final ride was by the shaper when his creation returned to Southern California an enjoyable documentary.

Dan

desmo
01-24-2006, 23:52
I just remembered I have a little Canon Q that might be nice for this

desmo
01-24-2006, 23:58
Just looked at the album.
How does one get involved in this thing and has the camera been Downunder yet?

sf
01-25-2006, 00:22
First of all . . do you want to shoot pics with it? I assume so, and would you want each person to shoot a pic on it, and hand it off? I am not sure what this is about, but the only issue I can think of is that the film will degrade from moisture and xrays in post.

It would . . gulp . . .almost be best to try it with a cheapy digicam.

RML
01-25-2006, 01:27
Guys, the sign-up closed last year in January or so. The camera went on its way in February 2005. Currently it's in Colombia IIRC.

You can set up your own round-the-world project, though, as I reckon there are people who didn't get to participate in the inital project.

nzeeman
01-25-2006, 01:28
best is to take one cheaper camera for example some zorki. and every person should shoot one roll in his town. then he can make pics and send them to some centerr where everybody will send them. l

RML
01-25-2006, 01:29
Check here: http://shardsofphotography.blogspot.com/2005/09/pass-camera-project.html for more info and links.

desmo
01-25-2006, 11:45
That's a pity, it's a wonderful concept.

Guys, the sign-up closed last year in January or so. The camera went on its way in February 2005. Currently it's in Colombia IIRC.

You can set up your own round-the-world project, though, as I reckon there are people who didn't get to participate in the inital project.