PDA

View Full Version : RFF book 2. Does yours have a purple/magenta cast?

jonasv
09-17-2006, 02:01
(I don't think the purple-cast issue got solved, did it?)

lulu.com books are printed in two places: their US contractor is Colorcentric, and the other contractor is Publidisa, based in Spain. All non-continental orders are printed at Publidisa: even a book published in the US can be printed at either contractor depending on where the order comes from (where the client lives).

So... Let's see if there's a difference. If a lot of people who ordered the book fill in the poll we should have meaningful statistics.

So in short, to clarify the poll options:
-if you had your book ordered to a Continental US address, it was printed by Colorcentric
-if you had your book ordered to an address anywhere else in the world, it was printed by Publidisa

rover
09-17-2006, 03:53
I think there is a mid ground too,

Yes, slight cast..............

I placed two orders, I don't think I would say in either order the cast is barely noticeable (to me other don't see it at all), but it isn't strong. The cast in the second order is less than the first.

jonasv
09-17-2006, 06:02
If others don't see it at all, I think it's closer to "barely noticeable", no?

This isn't to see how much of a cast there is exactly in everyone's book, it's just to see if the non-US books are noticeably better than the US versions (which seems to be true according to many sources).

Now, if some people who have the book would actually vote it would help, and it would be very useful for anyone else who wants to print a lulu book, or perhaps for a future RFF book.

peter_n
09-17-2006, 06:39
I'm the so far one guy up there with a "strong cast". I purchased mine as soon as the book was available.

If you compare the 2nd RFF book with the European Rangefinder Perspectives there is no comparison in the print quality. Lulu is very inexpensive and you get what you pay for.

ray_g
09-17-2006, 08:38
I'm the so far one guy up there with a "strong cast". I purchased mine as soon as the book was available.

Same here. :(

RayPA
09-17-2006, 10:59
I'm the so far one guy up there with a "strong cast". I purchased mine as soon as the book was available....

I just voted the same option. I purchased mine as soon as it was available, as well.

JohnL
09-17-2006, 11:04
I got mine later and had it sent to a US address. B&W looks pretty neutral to me. I've ordered a few more the same way, but I'll only see them when I get to the US in December.