PDA

View Full Version : january 2005 topic(s)

back alley
12-31-2004, 14:07
ok, it’s a new year and a new set of monthly projects.

i have been thinking that maybe a bit of a shake up might be in order.

so, i will be using the results of our ‘favourites’ poll for some topics this year.

i will be using some new topics this year.

and i will be adding a twist, a second topic for each month, so you will have some options.

the twist is that for the second option, i will pick a letter of the alphabet and your topic must start with that letter.
if i choose the letter r, for example, your topic must also start with r, like rats, roll of the dice, rice, risky, round etc.

so you either shoot the announced topic or create one of your own as long as it starts with the chosen letter.

for January 2005 the topic is... water... and the letter is d.

have at it and have a great year!

joe

back alley
01-01-2005, 04:36
am i in trouble?

this has been posted for hours and not one comment!?

bad idea?

joe

taffer
01-01-2005, 05:17
Bad night for posting ! ;)

I must say though that I love the first theme for this year :D

And very good idea as for the second one, does that mean that there will be two folders in the gallery for the monthly projects, January and January alternates ?

It will be very fun to see what people comes with as for the alternate one :D

Marc Jutras
01-01-2005, 08:01
Happy New Year Joe!

At the time I saw your first post, the only thing that came to my mind was a little joke. The kind that requires a drum roll at the end... So, just to make sure that you don't feel too lonely on this day, here it is!

You can combine both themes in a single shot: Drinking water! :D

By the way. how did you come up with "water" at this time of year, knowing where you live? Must be wishfull thinking!

FrankS
01-01-2005, 08:20
I like the letters of the alphabet idea! D could stand for a concrete noun like dam (pun intended) or dog, it could stand for a verb like dance, or it could stand for a concept(ual noun) like desire.

Russ
01-01-2005, 10:40
How about the Dart, tossed into the reversed wall map game? You take a map of your town, etc, turn it around so that the backside is facing you. Now you toss a dart into the map, turn the map over, and that is where you go shooting...

Russ

GeneW
01-01-2005, 12:43
Originally posted by backalley photo
for January 2005 the topic is... water... and the letter is d
I like it Joe! Very creative and it will allow us to use our imaginations

Gene

back alley
01-01-2005, 12:53
thank you, guys, for your responses.
i was starting to panic thinking i had come up with a dreadful idea.

joe

doubs43
01-01-2005, 14:51
Joe, I'm not really familiar with the procedures here. How do I post my pictures for the monthly projects?

Walker

back alley
01-01-2005, 15:06
post pics in the gallery, under the monthly photo projects section.
each month has it's own section.

joe

Russ
01-01-2005, 16:54
post pics in the gallery, under the monthly photo projects section.
each month has it's own section.

joe

Oh great! The gallery section has always rejected my password or user's name. I have never been able to access it...

Russ

back alley
01-01-2005, 19:03
make sure you log in on the main rff page.
that might be the cause.

joe

Russ
01-01-2005, 22:10
make sure you log in on the main rff page.
that might be the cause.

joe

Joe

I've tried that in the past, but to no avail. I figured I was forever banned from the Gallery section. I'll try it again...

Russ

nwcanonman
01-02-2005, 23:44
Russ, Russ, Russ,
Technology is just so technical - LOL.

SolaresLarrave
01-16-2005, 03:54
Why did I miss this one? It was posted on Jan 3... while I was in transit back from Philly.

Water and D. Hmmmm... all the visible water around here is frozen, so how about a frozen Daiquiri as subject? :)

back alley
01-16-2005, 06:59
francisco, it was posted dec. 31st.

taffer
01-16-2005, 08:52
Finally went out for a while today, short trip to the Montserrat monastery, took the CL to had it blessed and took some shots of water in its gas state (thick fog!)

taffer
01-16-2005, 14:20
Originally posted by Manolo Gozales
Hey:-)

I went up there a couple of years ago while taking a short break in Barcelona to celebrate Mrs M's birthday. Great place to shoot. Presumably they've finished the new railway up there...I'm not a great fan of cable cars:eek: Had to look inwards with my eyes closed for most of the trip up.:D What a wuss! :p

ManGo

Haha, yes Manolo, the railway is finished and working fine, not a great fan of cable car either :D

Worst part is when you're finally approaching the rocks and realize the speed you're going up, it's difficult not to think about what would happen if... :rolleyes:

Btw by watching my drying negs I think I've come up with something for the 'D' project...

SolaresLarrave
01-16-2005, 15:47
December 31st? Ooops! I thought I had seen a nice kitty on the 3rd...

Where was I on Dec. 31st? Freezing in Philly, far from any computer where I could read e-mail or do anything else.

But I've got some ideas already! :)