PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Project Extension

Rafael
08-21-2006, 16:10
I hope that Joe doesn't mind me doing this. I propose an extension for the avatar project (if you don't know what I'm talking about look HERE (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25651)).

When Joe first proposed the project a good two dozen people expressed their interest. But, while there are definitely some cool new avatars out there, it seems as though the project has sort of fizzled out. Personally, I really enjoyed shooting a photograph that was specifically intended to be my new avatar. And it sounds as though others did as well. So, I propose that we extend the deadline for new avatars until the end of the month.

Rich suggested that we change the text under our avatar to read "Avatar Challenge" once the new image is up. So, if you've already put up your new avatar, change the text. And if you haven't got your new image up yet, you've got until the end of the month. It will be exciting to see what everyone came up with.

Rich Silfver
08-21-2006, 16:58
Good idea and thanks for the extension :)

ferider
08-21-2006, 17:01
Sounds good. I have a new one ready but like my two Leicas ... Will be tough :)

Ash
08-21-2006, 17:04
I need to get out and shoot a photo for this... That'll be my plan for this week I think!

Rafael
08-21-2006, 17:42
Sounds good. I have a new one ready but like my two Leicas ... Will be tough :)

They are pretty Roland. And I gather they have a new sibling. :) But Joe set the rules: no gear. I am only empowered to grant extensions. The power to change the assignment rests solely with Joe.

back alley
08-21-2006, 17:53
I hope that Joe doesn't mind me doing this. I propose an extension for the avatar project (if you don't know what I'm talking about look HERE (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25651)).

When Joe first proposed the project a good two dozen people expressed their interest. But, while there are definitely some cool new avatars out there, it seems as though the project has sort of fizzled out. Personally, I really enjoyed shooting a photograph that was specifically intended to be my new avatar. And it sounds as though others did as well. So, I propose that we extend the deadline for new avatars until the end of the month.

Rich suggested that we change the text under our avatar to read "Avatar Challenge" once the new image is up. So, if you've already put up your new avatar, change the text. And if you haven't got your new image up yet, you've got until the end of the month. It will be exciting to see what everyone came up with.

excellent.
maybe i'll actually process some film and see if my planned avatar photo turned out how i wanted.
joe

rbiemer
08-21-2006, 20:47
I hope that Joe doesn't mind me doing this. I propose an extension for the avatar project
Rich suggested that we change the text under our avatar to read "Avatar Challenge" once the new image is up..
Opps! I forgot about that part of the avatar project! Off to go fix that now.
Rob

Terence T
08-21-2006, 20:50
Does my current avatar count? It took me a long time to set up the shot properly. Will see if my archives contain more.

nico
08-22-2006, 00:12
done!
Bye
Nico

nico
08-22-2006, 01:30
Does someone know why in the Gallery's post I don't see my new avatar?
thanx
N.

Rafael
08-22-2006, 08:39
Bump, for those of you who missed this last night.

back alley
08-22-2006, 08:43
Does someone know why in the Gallery's post I don't see my new avatar?
thanx
N.

the gallery seems to be one avatar behind.

nico
08-22-2006, 08:46
the gallery seems to be one avatar behind.

Yes it is ...
It's not a problem Joe, just a curiosity. It seems to me that's happening to someone else but can't remeber who...
Thanx.
Nico

back alley
08-22-2006, 09:54
happens to me too.
i have not been able to figure out how to change that.

IGMeanwell
08-22-2006, 09:57
My new avatar's up and running

back alley
08-22-2006, 10:17
nice shot!

joe

Rafael
08-22-2006, 10:18
Very nice! Now change the text under the image to "Avatar Challenge" so that others know that you shot this image as part of the project.

Marc-A.
08-22-2006, 13:32
Thanks for the extension Rafael. I've just changed my avatar with a new picture. That's fun :)
Marc-A.