PDA

View Full Version : Project Guidelines for monthly photo project

back alley
12-26-2003, 06:30
ok, here are the long awaited ‘guidelines’ for the rff monthly photo
project!

first, it needs to be understood that the posting of photos is done for the sheer pleasure of it, with the intent of sharing with fellow forum members.

it is not a contest or competition.

if feedback is wanted please ask for it.

monthly topics will be posted on the last day of the preceding month.

rangefinder cameras are the camera of preference but other types of cameras will not be excluded.

film will be of your choice, black & white, colour, print or transparency, the choice is up to the photographer.

however - there may be specific topics that will include definite rules for submission, i.e. photos taken with a particular focal length, film type etc.

that being said, the aim here is to have fun and never to exclude someone from participating. so, if the topic calls for a 35mm lens in 135 format and you don’t have one, feel free to use the wide lens you do have or the closest focal length etc.

part of the incentive for this monthly project is to encourage us to get out there and shoot, therefore it is understood that the photos posted are a result of ‘new’ shooting and not photos we have from adventures past that might fit the bill.

and that’s it - keep it simple at first - be open to changes in the future - and let’s have a good time!!

joe

gallery (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=503&password=)

rover
12-31-2003, 09:04
Is today the day we get our project for January?

Rich Silfver
12-31-2003, 10:20
Mmmm... the first project....

SolaresLarrave
01-26-2004, 20:18
Well, I noticed a number of people already posted their stuff in the gallery, so I went ahead and posted two of mine. Both come from the annual Christmas market, set up every December by a bunch of German citizens on Daley Plaza and known as Krist Kindle's Markt. I may post more later... and before the month is out!

If you don't mind, here's a sample (which I also would like to use as Xmas card next year!). Thanks!! :p

thejazzguy
01-27-2004, 17:53
i haven't figured out how to post to the monthly gallery yet, but in the meanwhile, here's one i took at pike place market with my Yashica Lynx 14-E

Doug
01-28-2004, 00:15
Welcome, thejazzguy, on your first post! Unusual to see a horse on the counter!

Pike Place Market was a favorite place to photograph when I lived in Seattle... there was always something interesting there. Clearly, I need to do some serious scanning!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pics... :-)

taffer
01-28-2004, 05:44
welcome thejazzguy ! you had a good eye with that one !

I've finally been in La Boqueria today !!! (finished exams and exercices at last !) I had never been there before, yep, even living half an hour from there :p

I hope the pics will transmit at least something of the sensations you feel there, it's such a fantastic place ! colors, smells, people, voices and the huge amount of different food you can find there ! :D

SolaresLarrave
01-28-2004, 22:54
For those of you wondering about it... La Boquería is the main food market in Barcelona. It's smacked in the middle of the old town section, in a glorious building that, on first sight may make you think of a huge warehouse when, in reality, and if you take the time, it has a most discrete yet ornate facade.

And the sights, the smells, the voices and the color come to meet you from the very moment you step in! I lived in Barcelona for 10 months and I came to love the place... :)

As picturesque as Pike Street market, for sure... At least in La Boquería they won't toss fish from one side of the aisle to the other! :eek: I saw it done in Pike, and boy wasn't I fascinated...

taffer
01-29-2004, 14:56
Thanks for pointing this Francisco !

some more info for curious souls:

http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/spain/barcelona/modernista/market.html
http://yumfood.net/articles/markets/boqueria.html
http://www.talkingtree.com/gallery/Spain/Barcelona/index78.cfm
http://home.planet.nl/~looff025/frames/barcelona.html#Begin1

Tossing fish that way MUST be worth seeing... :eek:

thejazzguy
01-30-2004, 11:02
thanks for the comments. i still haven't figured out how to post to the monthly theme gallery.

pike place is wonderful, it's my favorite place to shoot in the city, especially early in the morning when the shop keepers are unloading and the crowds are thin.

i found la boqueria to be a far more sensory experience; i was sort of fascinated by the hanging meats and gleaming glass display cases. it's undoubtedly the greatest outdoor market i've ever seen so far.

thejazzguy
01-30-2004, 11:21
here's one more of pike place.

back alley
01-30-2004, 14:27
jazz,
what's the problem with the posting in the gallery?
maybe we can help. i'm not sure but you may have to register there seperately from this forum. i think jorge is working on combining the 2 registrations for the future. then i think it's just a matter of going to the 'upload photos' at the top of the page.
hope this helps.

joe

thejazzguy
01-30-2004, 16:02
thanks! that double sign in had me confused. after logging into the gallery, it now shows me the 'upload' icon.
c.

back alley
01-30-2004, 18:09
glad to be of assistance.

joe

SolaresLarrave
01-30-2004, 21:41
Alright, chaps, time to move on to the next project.

By the way... I liked how many of the shots for the Marketplace project were, in a way, similar, yet different. And the fact that this was a non-competitive endeavor makes it even better. Great kudos to some of the great shots I got to enjoy! And I learned from them too!

OK, now, let it be known what the next project will be! :)

Rich Silfver
01-30-2004, 21:48
I hope I can still post 'back' into the January photo project folder...still havent been able to scan my 'market place negatives'...

back alley
01-31-2004, 13:01
no problem.

joe