PDA

View Full Version : Print Swap 6

T_om
05-02-2006, 08:04
Spring is here, another two months have flown by, and it is time for Print Swap 6.

Go here for the rules: http://home.comcast.net/~seaskate/index_files/Page361.htm

Please note, put PRINT SWAP in the subject line of your email to me and please do not forget to include all the information per the list on the Rules site.

We have done 5 of these swaps so far and all (as far as I know) have been a great success. It is a wonderful way to see the work of others in a real-life, real-time, non-digitized format. It costs little and the rewards are many.

Tom

PS: For those that have participated before. It would be a GREAT help to me if you would add to your email the swap partner(s) you have had in the past.

PPS: Joe, please unsticky Print Swap 5 so it can fade away and sticky this instead.

T_om
05-03-2006, 18:11
um, only 16 views and no signups in the last 24 hours.

I'll give it another day or two and if there is no interest, we'll let this swap cycle go by.

Tom

jano
05-03-2006, 18:29
I got the feeling in the last couple print swaps that there wasn't as much interest.. perhaps give it a break over late-spring through summer (many people are out, anyway) ? I won't have time for this round :(

PaulN
05-03-2006, 18:50
Hi Tom,
I'm interested. I'm holding off on signing up officially until next week, so that I can be sure I can get a print together. I'm taking a darkroom class and want to make sure I have something acceptable ;)

-Paul

T_om
05-03-2006, 19:10
I got the feeling in the last couple print swaps that there wasn't as much interest.. (

Wow, where did you get that idea? The swap numbers have been fairly constant, except for the very first one which had the fewest participants of them all.

Anyway, I'll give it a few more days to sort out.

Tom

raid
05-03-2006, 20:13
I am interested.

24x30
05-03-2006, 22:37
I'll take a break this time, because swap 5 isn't closed for me.

/rudi

saiseto
05-04-2006, 21:32
I was in last time and I think I would like to join again this time. Tom, please count me in.

T_om
05-05-2006, 09:39
I was in last time and I think I would like to join again this time. Tom, please count me in.

I got your signup email just fine.

Just for others participants info though, don't sign up here, go to the website listed in my original post and send the information requested there to the email address shown.

Thanks,

Tom

pesphoto
05-05-2006, 10:03
Im in, email just sent Tom.

T_om
05-06-2006, 15:14
More entries are coming in so the swap will proceed as usual.

I'll keep the sign-ups open for a few more days and then draw the names.

Tom

JeffGreene
05-06-2006, 16:03
I'm in as well. Email just sent!

amateriat
05-06-2006, 17:06
Like, way in, man. :)

- Barrett

jano
05-07-2006, 00:26
Wow, where did you get that idea? The swap numbers have been fairly constant, except for the very first one which had the fewest participants of them all.

Hmm.. felt like there was more "buzz" around the first two or three, or maybe I'm just making it up being lost in my own lack of time :o

Looks like this swap has picked up again, good luck :) I have to sit it out, though, will try to make the next one!

T_om
05-08-2006, 11:32
Just a bump for our European members that are still up tonight.

I'll keep the sign-up open through the first part of this week and do the drawing this coming weekend.

Tom

RML
05-08-2006, 12:23
Bump.

I'm in, Tom.

PaulN
05-10-2006, 05:34
Quick question before I jump in an sign up: The rules say "The shortest dimension should be approximately 8 inches ". I made a print last night that was full frame w/a filed carrier on an 8x10 piece of paper. The shortest dimension of the paper is 8x10, but the picture itself is framed within the center of the paper. The actual picture is less than 8". Problem?

T_om (or past participants): Do we e-mail you our mailing address and also e-mail it to our swap partner, or do you take care of sending out the mailing addresses. The webpage made it sound like we send it to you, and then send it again to the person. Out of curiosity, why send it twice?

-Paul

RML
05-10-2006, 07:13
Paul, the rules are more like guidelines. As long as the short side is _approximately_ 8" than things are fine. A small border isn't a problem.

Just send your email address to Tom. He'll need it to inform everyone of his/her partner. You send an email to your partner to confirm the email/postal address and such.

T_om
05-10-2006, 21:04
Paul,

Remy is correct. Borders are fine, the spirit of the rule is to provide something pretty near 8" on the shortest side, but it doesn't have to be exact.

Per the email: Just go to the sign-up site listed in my original post and all the details are there. I will do the drawing and notify everyone of their partners afterward. I always include the mail information but you can certainly contact your partner to confirm. In fact, I would highly recommend doing just that.

Tom

Chaser
05-11-2006, 01:57
I'm in if it is not to late...email sent

T_om
05-11-2006, 08:31
I'm holding the sign-ups open until the weekend. Plenty of time left for people to sign in.

Tom

T_om
05-11-2006, 17:32
18 participants so far, sign-ups are going great.

Tom

bronekkozka
05-16-2006, 06:25
Have I missed out??

Bronek

Bronek Kozka Photography
www.kozka.com
The Bakehouse Studio
2/133-135 Johnston Street
Collingwood
Victoria, 3066 Australia
T: ++61 3 94173456
F: ++61 3 94171584

T_om
05-17-2006, 13:05
I'll add you to this one, but PLEASE read the directions next time. :)

Tom

PS: I may not be able to add you after all. You did not include your email address and it is not visible in your personal info under your user name. The drawing is tonight, 5-17-06 at 2000, USA Eastern Time.

PPS: I went to your website and found the email address, you are in.

PPPS: This ain't makin' it easy for me guys. :bang:

T_om
05-17-2006, 13:18
Here are the participants I have. If you do not see your name here, I DO NOT HAVE YOU IN THE SWAP. Please contat me ASAP if you are not listed.

As posted above, I want to do the drawing tonight at 2000 local, USA Eastern Time (-5GMT)

Tom

Print Swap 6 Participants:

ben lloyd - Ben Lloyd <ben(AT)divedive.co.uk>

GWHomeyer - W650 Wrider <wrider(AT)gmail.com>

Stanley H Wooding - Stan <stanleyw(AT)woosh.co.nz>

olmanwompa - olmanwompa(AT)verizon.net

Ariya - Peter Williams <peternwilliams(AT)yahoo.com>

kaiyen - allan(AT)kaiyen.com

Chaser - Chase Allgood <jujuthafattywagon(AT)yahoo.com>

PaulN - paul.nash(AT)mac.com

srtiwari - srtiwari(AT)mac.com

RML - Remy Lang <remy.lang(AT)gmail.com>

taffer - Taffer <oscar.reina(AT)gmail.com>

cjago - web(AT)auspiciousdragon.net

pesphoto - pesphoto(AT)yahoo.com

enoch root - ryan wolfert <ryan(AT)funktiondesignhaus.com>

JeffGreene - statman(AT)verizon.net

Travis L. - Travis Lewis <travis(AT)travislewis.com>

raid amin - ramin(AT)uwf.edu

Saiseto - swseto(AT)cuhk.edu.hk

Bronek - bronek(AT)kozka.com

T_om
05-17-2006, 19:46
OK guys, here are the pairings. This started off slow but ended up with the second largest participation of any swap to date!

Contact your swap partner and away you go.

PLEASE REMEMBER the 2 week rule. Get your prints out within the two week shipping deadline please.

I will also be sending out email to everyone with the same list.

Tom

Swap partners. Your usernames and email info is listed below. Contact each other for details on shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------
taffer - Taffer <oscar.reina(AT)gmail.com>
raid amin - ramin(AT)uwf.edu
--------------------------------------------------------------
Bronek - bronek(AT)kozka.com
Chaser - Chase Allgood <jujuthafattywagon(AT)yahoo.com>
-------------------------------------------------------------
JeffGreene - statman(AT)verizon.net
ben lloyd - Ben Lloyd <ben(AT)divedive.co.uk>
-------------------------------------------------------------
Saiseto - swseto(AT)cuhk.edu.hk
Ariya - Peter Williams <peternwilliams(AT)yahoo.com>
------------------------------------------------------------
enoch root - ryan wolfert <ryan(AT)funktiondesignhaus.com>
Travis L. - Travis Lewis <travis(AT)travislewis.com>
------------------------------------------------------------
pesphoto - pesphoto(AT)yahoo.com
Stanley H Wooding - Stan <stanleyw(AT)woosh.co.nz>
-----------------------------------------------------------
GWHomeyer - W650 Wrider <wrider(AT)gmail.com>
RML - Remy Lang <remy.lang(AT)gmail.com>
-----------------------------------------------------------
srtiwari - srtiwari(AT)mac.com
cjago - web(AT)auspiciousdragon.net
----------------------------------------------------------
PaulN - paul.nash(AT)mac.com
kaiyen - allan(AT)kaiyen.com
----------------------------------------------------------
olmanwompa - olmanwompa(AT)verizon.net
T_om - tg.omeara(AT)gmail.com

Zack
05-17-2006, 19:53
Dangit im too late

raid
05-17-2006, 20:33
I am exited to finally participate in "anything" here on the RFF. Next time, I want to try to have a print appear in one of the RFF books.

RML
05-17-2006, 22:33
I hope for once my print swap will go right! No more delays, misprints or postal problems! :)

BTW, I have the print ready already :D Now to find a tube....

taffer
05-18-2006, 00:36
print swaps are one of the BEST things out there since the invention of velcro strap shoes.

RML
05-18-2006, 00:44
I thought whitebread was the best thing....

How about peanut butter? Seems like a good thing too. :p

pesphoto
05-18-2006, 04:27
Ok, I just need to go out and buy a photo mailer then im all set to go. Thanks Tom!

jano
05-18-2006, 07:27
This started off slow but ended up with the second largest participation of any swap to date!

Pffft, shows you what i know! :p :)

raid
05-18-2006, 18:12
I need to pick a slide, then get a print, and then figure out the best way to mail the print to Spain!

raid
05-26-2006, 19:20
I made the prints and will mail one out tomorrow [hopefully].

T_om
05-31-2006, 11:36
Just a check to see who has shipped and who has already received their prints.

Today marks two weeks since the drawing. If you have not already shipped your print, please contact your swap partner and let them know what is happening with the delay.

Tom

Chaser
05-31-2006, 13:45
I haven't been able to get a hold of bronek but I will keep emailing in hopes that it still works out...

raid
05-31-2006, 14:11
I have mailed Oscar his print a few days ago,

pesphoto
05-31-2006, 15:05
My print went in the mail this morning. Waiting for my print to arrive from New Zealand.

erikhaugsby
05-31-2006, 16:12
When is Swap #7 going down?
I would like to be involved in it, and will properly submit my location info when it starts.

raid
05-31-2006, 16:35
So will I! Hopefully, it will happen sooner and not later. Isa Print Swap session ever followed by a discussion and posting of the swapped images? Now that would be fun to see here.

amateriat
05-31-2006, 17:42
I missed the cut for #6. Hope to make #7!

- Barrett

T_om
05-31-2006, 18:01
I haven't been able to get a hold of bronek but I will keep emailing in hopes that it still works out...

Chase,

Check your email. I just sent his complete contact info if that helps. Please let me know if he does not respond.

Tom

Chaser
05-31-2006, 18:02
I just got in contact with him so we are set to go...

T_om
05-31-2006, 18:07
When is Swap #7 going down?
I would like to be involved in it, and will properly submit my location info when it starts.

Swap 7 will be in the July/August time frame. I'll post on the forum when signups start. Please do not try to sign up now as I have my email sort turned off.

Tom

T_om
05-31-2006, 18:11
So will I! Hopefully, it will happen sooner and not later. Isa Print Swap session ever followed by a discussion and posting of the swapped images? Now that would be fun to see here.

Raid,

You can certainly post about the Swap.

It is NOT an invitation to post a critique however, so please keep that in mind and the comments appropriate.

Tom

raid
05-31-2006, 19:37
Raid,

You can certainly post about the Swap.

It is NOT an invitation to post a critique however, so please keep that in mind and the comments appropriate.

Tom
Tom,

I understand that a critique is not in place in such an event. I may comment on the overall experience of participating in such a print swap.

Regards,
Raid

T_om
05-31-2006, 21:47
I missed the cut for #6. Hope to make #7!

- Barrett

I just sent Barrett an email, but I want everyone to know.

I blundered. Badly. Unintentional, but a blunder nonetheless.

Somehow Barrett's name got left out of the drawing this time around. He did everything correctly when signing up... I received and acknowledged his signup email, then proceeded to stupidly overlook his name when I put all the participants names in the hat for the drawing.

So, I offer this public apology and promise to do better next time. :bang:

Tom

raid
05-31-2006, 22:28
If still possible, I don't mind swapping a print with Barrett right now.

T_om
06-04-2006, 17:49
Received my print from David Widom... Nice shot! Old Cadillac in the foreground with some LA style graffiti on the walls behind. Great shot and going on the wall in my study along with the other great Swap prints I have accumulated.

Tom

T_om
06-04-2006, 17:51
If still possible, I don't mind swapping a print with Barrett right now.

Raid,

I did not see your offer in time to do anything. Barrett will be first in line next time.

Tom

raid
06-04-2006, 19:02
Tom,
I just added this comment late just in case there was room to help out here.

Regards,
Raid

PHOTO24
06-20-2006, 23:44
great idea. will join in next time !
cheers

PHOTO24
07-10-2006, 04:26
so, how ?
just started to like the idea !

T_om
07-20-2006, 20:34
so, how ?
just started to like the idea !

Print Swap 7 will be starting in the next day or so. Watch this space. :)

Tom

PS: Do NOT send any sign-up stuff yet, I have to get the email box fixed so we do not have anyone left out this time because of my fumble finger mistakes.

RML
07-20-2006, 21:23
Both my partner and I haven't received each others prints yet, even though we both sent them weeks (if not months) ago already. I can't understand what has happened. Usually international (Holland-USA) mail isn't much of a problem.

erikhaugsby
07-20-2006, 22:20
Print Swap 7 will be starting in the next day or so. Watch this space. :)

Cool. I'm hopefully on, if I can find a picture good enough to print for somebody.

T_om
07-21-2006, 07:59
Both my partner and I haven't received each others prints yet, even though we both sent them weeks (if not months) ago already. I can't understand what has happened. Usually international (Holland-USA) mail isn't much of a problem.

That is a puzzle. When you and I were partners in an earlier swap, the prints came very quickly.

Tom

RML
07-23-2006, 09:14
That is a puzzle. When you and I were partners in an earlier swap, the prints came very quickly.

Tom

Quite so, Tom. I've never experienced any such delays as I experience now. Really odd.

GWHomeyer
07-23-2006, 10:39
The delay has been very strange. I just got a package from Taiwan in a matter of a few days, but still no print from Holland. Remy, do you want me to send another copy?