PDA

View Full Version : Online print swap

Byuphoto
04-04-2006, 18:03
Since this post got lost in the last downtime I will re-post it
I have a free site that allows the posting and downloading of files up to 50MB. How about we do an online photo swap. If you are worried about someone stealing your photo I could set it up with a password emailed to each participant. Each person would post one photo of 810 or larger in Tiff mode to be downlaoded by the other participants Any interest?.

lkgroup
04-04-2006, 18:07
I am in.

Leo

Let me know if there is a theme or just choice a picture we would like to post.

Lkgroup

Byuphoto
04-04-2006, 18:20
It will be just your favorite photo you would like to share.

lkgroup
04-04-2006, 18:26
Keep me posted so I know where to post my choice of a picture.

Leo

kaiyen
04-04-2006, 20:20
What do you mean a photo of 8x10 or larger? As in 300dpi at 8x10?

It's an interesting idea. I don't know if I'd want someone to do the "interpretation" of my file to print format, so I'll pass. But good luck with it.

allan

Byuphoto
04-05-2006, 04:12
Yes i was thinking of an 8x10 or larger at 300 DPI for printing.

ray_g
04-05-2006, 06:18
It's an interesting idea. I don't know if I'd want someone to do the "interpretation" of my file to print format, so I'll pass. But good luck with it.

allan

Good thought. The owner should do all the post-processing, and it probably should be agreed that the photo should not be modified by the recipient.

Rick, I had mentioned a free FTP site on this (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17495&highlight=digital+photo+swap) thread. May be easier for large files, and only the intended recipient can download the file. We can post the thumbnails online, if that is the way you would like to do it.

Byuphoto
04-05-2006, 11:03
Ray, the thumbnail thing is a great Idea as soon as we get a good list we will give it a whirl.
That is what my site does. it allows files up to 50MB and can be set toallow paswword downloading. I had intended that everyone process their own photos then allow others to download and print. i will have mine done at Robinson Photo as they can print up to a 4'x6' print. They do especially well with B&W. Quite reasonable to. You can either bring in a CD or send it to them by email and they will mail the print. I have a price list, if anyone is interested. I get all my wedding and studio photos, over 11x14 done there.