PDA

View Full Version : november subject

back alley
10-31-2004, 14:41
topic for the november project is - shapes.

they're everywhere, inside and out, dimly lit or gleaming in the sun, hot or cold, wet or dry, they're everywhere.

and as a heads up...in mid december i will post a poll with our top 6 or so categories of this past year.
the winning category will return in 2005 as a monthly project.
(thanks to oscar for this idea)

also, if you have a category in mind, please p.m. me with it as i'm always on the lookout for good subject material for our projects.

thanks folks,
joe

taffer
11-01-2004, 06:23
We're already in November !?! Oh my ! I still have two rolls with October pictures on them ! :p

Shapes looks like a potentially great theme Joe, pretty much like shadows, they are everywhere !

Honu-Hugger
11-01-2004, 07:34
The months are going by like weeks! I looked at the October topic on October 1st and decided to get involved. I think I have three shots -- maybe! (and the film is still in the camera). I'd better get with the program and FAST!

D2

back alley
11-01-2004, 10:05
good thing we didn't set up a pic of the week, eh?

joe

FrankS
11-01-2004, 10:26
Do the "shapes" in my street photography post count?

taffer
11-01-2004, 10:59
Originally posted by backalley photo
joe

Hehehe... why ? :cool:

Frank, I guess those two er... shapes, count indeed :rolleyes:

Kris
11-01-2004, 14:59

joe

PBase has 'Photo a Day' project. I wonder how many amateurs out there who really can take one excellent picture every single day. :rolleyes:

BTW Oscar, I like your new signature and can't agree more. Maybe we should post a thread: For Trade - A Bunch of Cameras and Lenses for a Nice Girl :D

GeneW
11-01-2004, 15:10
Sounds like a fun monthly theme Joe! I got a couple shots today that might qualify. I'm looking forward to everybody's contributions!

Originally posted by Kris
PBase has 'Photo a Day' project. I wonder how many amateurs out there who really can take one excellent picture every single day. :rolleyes:
I've watched the pbase PAD area for awhile and there are some astonishingly good photos posted on a daily basis (not all of them of course). Most of the participants are shooting digital, which makes this kind of exercise feasible. Some of the contributors have a marvellous eye and seem to get up the motivation to shoot daily. More power to 'em!

Gene

taffer
11-01-2004, 15:30
Originally posted by Kris

BTW Oscar, I like your new signature and can't agree more. Maybe we should post a thread: For Trade - A Bunch of Cameras and Lenses for a Nice Girl :D

Yup I saw the pbase PAD project, and thought it was simply too much for me, if I have problematic weeks, I don't want to think what I could have if I reduce the scale to days !! :eek:

Haha ! Kris, that thought came to me yesterday morning after realizing (again) that I had too many cameras, what about a contacts section Joe ? :D ;)

back alley
11-01-2004, 15:34
oscar,
do you mean personal contacts?
i think there are a couple over at the 'street' photography thread;)

joe

Kris
11-01-2004, 15:51
oscar,

joe

Joe, you nearly made me fall off my chair laughing! :D

Hey Oscar, start packing your cameras to be sent to Australia. Here's one for you, the girl in "Flirting" photo.

Name: Kylie
Phone: +61 3 9....errr...I think I change my mind and keep it for my self :D

taffer
11-01-2004, 15:58
oscar,
joe

:D (LOL)+ !!! :D

Oh Kris ! Be nice !!! Don't you want a Canon 7 !?! :p

Pherdinand
11-02-2004, 02:52
I'd not trade my girlfriend for any equipment.

Err...maybe for a contax IIa...with a nice coated 50mm sonnar...if it's the f/1.5 version...
Nooo! Not even for that gadget!

FrankS
11-02-2004, 05:20
Pherdinand, if you post a picture of your girlfriend, we could tell you if that Contax trade would be a good one or not.

(Just kidding - so shallow!)

Pherdinand
11-02-2004, 06:17
Frank - i did post her already.

I know you were joking, but here's another one (i never run out of her pictures hehe),-sorry, it's an SLR-made pic. But it's in the "leica style"! :D

FrankS
11-02-2004, 08:27
Trade her for sure - she's all distorted!

FrankS
11-02-2004, 09:20
Oops, I just saw the left side of the photo. The right side is much prettier. She's a keeper!

Designer
11-02-2004, 09:27
Nice photo! Pherdinand.

Pherdinand
11-02-2004, 10:01
Frank, LOL!
thanks, Designer :angel:

FrankS
11-02-2004, 11:36
Pherdinand, Want to trade for my wife?

Pherdinand
11-02-2004, 11:59
Frank, do you trade/buy your cameras based only on their cosmetic condition? :)

taffer
11-02-2004, 12:00
I can see some heavy flying ashtrays tonight...

Btw great photo ! And nope, don't trade her !

FrankS
11-02-2004, 16:12
I told you I was shallow.

Really, not all my posts should be taken seriously. I occasionally make feeble attempts at humour. I apologize when it falls flat.

Pherdinand
11-02-2004, 17:34
:D c'mon it was not that flat.

FrankS
11-02-2004, 18:52
I'm just gonna keep my trap shut on that one!

DougK
11-06-2004, 14:54
Threw a couple of abstracts into the mix for the month, maybe stretching the definition of "shape" but what the heck.

StuartR
11-29-2004, 18:13
Assuming one decides to conform to the monthly theme, where does one post the photos?

back alley
11-29-2004, 18:17
it's a secret!
naaah!

in the gallery there is a section called monthly photo projects,
post there.

joe