PDA

View Full Version : RF Camera Beauty Contest: GROUP F

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 17:28
Before you cast your vote please read up on the rules here: RF Beauty Contest Rules (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=236140#post236140)

These are the cameras in GROUP F - the LAST group.

The top THREE cameras in this group will go on to the semi-finale against the top three cameras in GROUP E.

(You can vote once in all groups).

Try to disregard price, rarity, etc and simply vote on the camera that is most pleasing to YOUR eye..

Please keep in mind that this is all for fun and to of course finally find out what camera is the hottest one on the block :)

This poll will be open for two days so please get your votes in before it is too late :)

NOTE: THE SAMPLE PHOTOS ASSOCIATED WITH EACH CAMERA IS IS JUST THAT - A SAMPLE - I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO BROWSE AROUND THE INTERNET FOR MORE IMAGES IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH A PARTICULAR CAMERA MAKE :)

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 17:56
Hey, joe - you know you're not allowed to create multiple accounts to log in and vote with :D

Gabriel M.A.
02-23-2006, 18:04
I'm surprised only two of us think the Mamiya 7 is a looker here ;)

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 18:09
Give it time...this group has only been open for voting for 30 minutes or so :)

GeneW
02-23-2006, 18:48
I don't own one, but I don't think I've ever seen nicer looker than the Contax G2.

Gene

julianphotoart
02-23-2006, 19:04
Rich,

I mistakenly voted for the Ilford Advocate when I thought I was voting for the Ilford Witness. Is the Witness coming up later?

Julian

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 19:23
Julian, I don't have the Ilford Witness as a nominated camera - my bad if I missed it. The
Ilford Advoate would be the 'closest' you'd get ..

Krasnaya_Zvezda
02-23-2006, 19:42
Julian, I don't have the Ilford Witness as a nominated camera - my bad if I missed it. The
Ilford Advoate would be the 'closest' you'd get ..

Advocate doesn't appear to actually be a rangefinder, if I am not mistaken. But it's cool looking, none the less.
I also take this opportunity to thank you, Rich, for one of the most entertaining ideas on this forum in a while. I am certainly enjoying checking out the fine-looking cameras, some I have never seen before.
This will surely hurt my pocketbook in the future, as I have seen a few already that I must add to the collection.
Thanks for all your trouble!
KZ

je2a3
02-23-2006, 20:10
Rich,

I wish you linked a black and nickel Leica II [D]. Something like this. (http://www.pbase.com/image/33220978) The black/nickel was the original coupled RF camera and outnumber the chrome production 2:1. IMO it's nicer.

Joseph

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 20:54
I agree, that's a great photo. I can only re-iterate what I said above: the photo-links I included were just intended as simple sample photos and anyone not familiar with a particular make should take some time and browse around for other photos :)

RayPA
02-23-2006, 22:41
OK, this is tough. I can't decide between two cameras!

:)

RML
02-23-2006, 22:44
I'm wondering what the use if of entering every single Leica III version and every single Leica M version. Wouldn't it have been more useful to stick all of those in one group and be done with it?

RayPA
02-23-2006, 22:46
OK, this is tough. I can't decide between two cameras!

I have voted in all polls, and now I am at peace. :angel:

RayPA
02-23-2006, 22:59
I'm wondering what the use if of entering every single Leica III version and every single Leica M version. Wouldn't it have been more useful to stick all of those in one group and be done with it?

I've looked at every picture in every poll, and there seems to be more cameras that look like Leica III's that aren't Leica III's, than there are Leica III variations. I'll admit that I am not well versed in the differences in models of Leicas, and FSU cameras. They're beautiful, but that's a design/style/look that really predominates. It seems you could conceivably lump all Leica I, II, III's and all their FSU and Japanese copies into a single group (if you were going to go to the extent of lumping all Leica III variations together).

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 23:37

There are eight entries in total for Canon cameras.
There are fourteen entries in total for Leica cameras.

Some of these are based on my initial list but the rest comes from nominations people made on what models should be included.

If I had 'stuck' all into one group to be 'done with it' there would had been people who would raise the argument that by doing that I would force early eliminations of very popular camera models.

The way the groups are structured now there is almost always atleast two Leica cameras in each group. If these are the cameras that gets voted on to the next round they do that on their own merits.

If the finale ends up being all Leica cameras they once again got their on their own merits by 'beating' the other cameras in their respective group.

Having said that I have no preference for what camera wins. I have voted Leica and non-Leica so far.

Bottom line - this is not intended to be scientifically significant. It was just to have a bit of fun.

jonasv
02-24-2006, 00:47
The FED 2e is a beauty - unfortunately the picture in the poll is a FED 3b (somehow labelled FED 2, don't know why), it's ugly brother!

Socke
02-24-2006, 00:47
Ah! There it is, at last!

RML
02-24-2006, 00:55
I can live with that explanation, Rich. :)

I hadn't even payed attention to the Canons, really. It just struck me that I was seeing what are in practise the same cameras over and over again. I can't distiguish a Leica IIIc from IIIg, or an M2 from an M3, so it seemed entirely pointless to add all of these variants. But I guess others feel different.

Anyway, I voted on all 6 groups. Now I can rest.

rover
02-24-2006, 02:53
Not as one sided as i thought it would be

KoNickon
02-24-2006, 06:27
I'm with RML's comments. It'll be pretty silly if the winner of each group is a Leica M -- which it seems could happen. And I did vote for the M3 in its group, I admit, since that's the prototype from which all the others sprang. There are lot of non-Leica cool cameras out there, and for me, in this group, it's the Vitessa. One of the coolest cameras ever, a brilliant design.

KoNickon
02-24-2006, 08:27
Well, I stand corrected -- there is strictly speaking no M camera in this group. (The CL isn't the same design as the Ms, just the same mount.) But I'm pleased by the number of votes for the G2.

Rich Silfver
02-24-2006, 11:46
With just two more votes the Vitessa takes the semi-final spot away from Leica iiig ....

Brian Sweeney
02-24-2006, 14:56
That's because they never had to adjust the rangefinder on a Vitessa.

It is pretty. And takes great pictures. Jams a lot and hard to adjust the RF.

Conservation of inconvenience.

raid
02-25-2006, 06:15
I picked the Canon P because it has such beautiful lines. I was biased because I have a P and use it often.