PDA

View Full Version : RF Camera Beauty Contest: GROUP C

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 10:26
Before you cast your vote please read up on the rules here: RF Beauty Contest Rules (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=236140#post236140)

These are the cameras in GROUP C.

The top THREE cameras in this group will go on to the semi-finale against the top three cameras in GROUP D.

(You can vote once in all groups).

Try to disregard price, rarity, etc and simply vote on the camera that is most pleasing to YOUR eye..

Please keep in mind that this is all for fun and to of course finally find out what camera is the hottest one on the block :)

This poll will be open for two days so please get your votes in before it is too late :)

NOTE: THE SAMPLE PHOTOS ASSOCIATED WITH EACH CAMERA IS IS JUST THAT - A SAMPLE - I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO BROWSE AROUND THE INTERNET FOR MORE IMAGES IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH A PARTICULAR CAMERA MAKE

dadsm3
02-23-2006, 10:36
You mean "These are the cameras in GROUP C.", don't you?

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 10:50
Oops...yes :) Corrected.

rover
02-23-2006, 10:55
I feel bad, I should have voted for the L.

KoNickon
02-23-2006, 10:57
I went for the Contessa. It's an elaborate piece of machinery, but small and jewel-like.

AGN
02-23-2006, 11:03
Rich,
Compliments to you for the time you have taken to put this together.
Art

wlewisiii
02-23-2006, 11:04
Agreed, KoNickon. I've been astonished by the one I just got. Beautiful little camera.

William

wrenhunter
02-23-2006, 11:06
I feel bad, I should have voted for the L. No worries, I did :angel:

And -- heresy perhaps -- I don't think the MP is a looker at all. Probably the best performer in the group, but hey.

allthumbs
02-23-2006, 12:02
This is the toughest group yet--the Autorange, Contessa and Zorki 3M in the same bunch!

I've ruled out voting for any clones or near-clones (as far as I know them)--if I like the design I'll vote for the original.

Also, Rich, thanks for showing me some nice-looking cameras I'd never heard of.

julianphotoart
02-23-2006, 12:07
Boo-hoo. I suggested the Ensign Autorange 820 and it's so unfair to be up against the Foton. As a folder, the 820 is very elegant, but against the Foton? 'Fraid not. Bye-bye Ensign.

RayPA
02-23-2006, 13:02
I think the M7 and MP really shine when in chrome, a good reason to take Rich's advice and seek out some other photos. That MP photo is not the greatest shot of that camera. :)

Rich Silfver
02-23-2006, 13:05
Go Zorki 3M !!

Fred
02-23-2006, 13:23
Err... M7, total quality enginering with AE, evolution not revolution, gotta be black for me. MP otherwise in chrome. I wish..

Do like that Zorki though, looks really good.

dmr
02-24-2006, 17:22
Uh, sanity check and stupid question maybe?

Does the Bessa L have any kind of a built-in viewfinder or rangefinder at all, other than the one mounted on the hot shoe?

When I looked at it first, I noticed something strange, and there are no windows on the front! Is this scale focus only?

allthumbs
02-24-2006, 17:29
Does the Bessa L have any kind of a built-in viewfinder or rangefinder at all, other than the one mounted on the hot shoe?

When I looked at it first, I noticed something strange, and there are no windows on the front! Is this scale focus only?

Nope, the Bessa L has no rangefinder, but I think many rangefinder lovers would agree it deserves its status here as something of an honorary rangefinder.

dmr
02-24-2006, 17:50
Nope, the Bessa L has no rangefinder, but I think many rangefinder lovers would agree it deserves its status here as something of an honorary rangefinder.

Hmmmm ... {feeling clueless} I really didn't realize that until now. Is this a current model? Does/did it sell very well? Was it an "economy" model or was it just for the ultra-purist?

Doug
02-25-2006, 00:02
Hmmmm ... {feeling clueless} I really didn't realize that until now. Is this a current model? Does/did it sell very well? Was it an "economy" model or was it just for the ultra-purist?It was the very first of the modern Cosina/Voigtlander Bessa models, derived from the OEM SLR bodies Cosina had been making under a half-dozen well-known brands. They just removed the whole viewing system including mirror box and made it in Leica thread mount, but left the TTL metering in place. Just "testing the waters" I guess, to see if the market was interested. I was... The first lenses were the 25mm and 15mm, not RF-coupled since the body had no RF to couple to. Subsequent Bessa models have derived from the L, which is now discontinued.