krötenblender
07-08-2018, 08:26
Hello dear RFF-members,

this will be the thread to the RFF Postcard Project Nr. 10

Before I explain what it is, how it works, let me say, that I'm truly sorry,
that it took me so long, after I already got some PMs asking about the next
round and said it would be in the next days, but this was weeks ago... So, very
sorry, it was a busy time.

Now, to the project: It's already the 10th time, that we organize an exchange of
postcards between RFF-Members from all over the world. Everybody, who wants to
receive and send postcards made by other members here, are welcome to join. The
more international, the better, I think.

Here is, how it works:

If you don't know about the project, this is, what it's about: We collect
participants, exchange our addresses (I will organize that), make postcards
prints for all others in this round and send them. So everybody will get great
postcards from all over the world (ideally...) and have real prints instead of
online-pics only.

RFF-PP is a picture postcard exchange. Every participant selects
one of his photographs and makes postcards from it
(make prints yourself, order postcards online - it is up to you. I always
ordered online), which we then send to each other participant of this round. Please
choose only one picture (this is really the hard part!), so that
every participant ends up with the same collection of picture postcards.

Organisation: To participate, please sent a mail to rff-at-mempool-dot-net (that's me) containing the following information:

Subject: RFF Postcard Project 10
Your real Name
Your Address, as you would write it on an incredibly important postcard to yourself from somewhere far away in the world (including line-breaks and country name, as this is an international project)
RFF User-Name

I promise, that all your data is only used for the purpose of this project and
will never given away for anything else! - This also means, I don't have
addresses kept of previous rounds, so it is not enough to mail me with simply
stating, you are in again - I need the currently valid address.
Timeframe: You can sent me your mails for participation until Saturday, August, 4., 2018, about four weeks from now on. After that, I close the list and send every participant the complete list one day later. Then I give another five weeks to shoot/choose the picture, create the postcards and mail them. Meaning, please try to send your postcards 1st of September, 2018, latest.

If I remember correctly, we had about 40 people each time, so this is what you
can expect this time, too, I think. Maybe a few less, since it's summ vacation
time and maybe not everybody will see the post.

I missed no round until now and I can promise you from looking at all the great
cards of the previous rounds, that this is worth the effort! It's a treasure, so
please participate! - RFF is a really great place for this type of projects.

Let's have some fun, start mailing!

Best regards,
Stephan

PS: Don't worry, if I don't answer each question to the project or
participation-mail immediatly (could be a day or two). I'm on vacation the next three weeks in Japan,
shooting the picture, that you will get...

raid
07-08-2018, 08:36
I am in. I sent you an email.

Papercut
07-08-2018, 08:56
I'm in again. Email sent.

Thanks, Stephan, for continuing to organize these exchanges!

fdarnell
07-08-2018, 11:16
I'm in. Email sent. No sooner had I posted a reply on the copyright thread about this as a means so show off work WITHOUT the internet, then here it is!

Jamie Pillers
07-08-2018, 12:03
I'm in (for the 5th time, I think). Email sent.

analogangler
07-08-2018, 15:28
I'm in! So glad I didn't miss this one!

kxl
07-08-2018, 16:03
Email sent! Thanks for leading this project again!

-Keith

Don Parsons
07-08-2018, 18:43
I’m in, email shortly.

Don

largedrink
07-09-2018, 00:02
I'm in again, thanks for organising Stephan.

Zmuda
07-09-2018, 06:17
I'm in for the first time!

Zmuda
07-09-2018, 06:19
I'm in for the first time!

Email sent

Zmuda
07-09-2018, 06:24
Can anyone recommend a good online option for getting postcards printed in the USA?

Thanks!

Don Parsons
07-09-2018, 06:40
I use Overnight Prints.

Many use Moo.

Overnight is cheaper.

Don

Zmuda
07-09-2018, 06:50
I use Overnight Prints.

Many use Moo.

Overnight is cheaper.

Don

Thank you!

Red Rock Bill
07-09-2018, 08:31
I'm in...e-mail on the way..thanks for organizing....regards,Bill

ABrosig
07-09-2018, 08:32
Hit me baby!
Email sent

Godfrey
07-09-2018, 09:07
Email sent: I'm in.

G

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1745/28828147178_336229f19b_z.jpg

kxl
07-09-2018, 09:17
This is timely for me. It's been a while since I've shot color film and have been wanting to get back to it with my Zeiss ZI. I just ordered some Kodak Pro Image 100 to try it out and my old standard (Fuji Superia 400) so my entry will come from one of those rolls.

rfaspen
07-09-2018, 09:21
Me too.

Also, I would add Vistaprint to the list of printers here in U.S. I used them for the last 2 RFF Postcard Projects. Worked fine.

j.

jkcampbell
07-09-2018, 12:56
I'm in! Email sent. Thanks!

intheviewfinder
07-09-2018, 13:01
I'm in. Email sent.

Been pretty busy so it will be fun to return to this. I participated in an earlier swap. I think it was no. 2. Still have that fine collection. My wife got me some 12x12 inch 3-ring photo sleeves that hold 5 postcards. I was just looking at them the other day so this is a timely boot-in-the-butt. :D

--Rich

rolfe
07-10-2018, 03:59
Email sent...

krötenblender
07-10-2018, 16:09
Hello,

wow, that has been a wave of replies! It seem, I just announced at the right moment...

We are now 16 people, me included, and that was just after two days. Nice! Keep them coming!

I should have replied to all of your mails by now. If someone is missing, send me a message, please.

Thanks for being in, looking forward to the best part: receiving postcards!

Stephan

dfranklin
07-10-2018, 17:57
I was sorry I missed #9. Count me in for #10!

seakayaker1
07-11-2018, 10:10
Stephan, email on its way!

Thanks for organizing this event once again!

ColSebastianMoran
07-13-2018, 19:16
I'm in. FWIW, I use Staples to print postcards.

randolph45
07-13-2018, 20:41
In again for me too

krötenblender
07-14-2018, 05:40
In again for me too

Didn't get a mail from you, yet.

However, we are now at 21 people, me included.
If still in doubt, think of that: more than 20 unique prints from fellow RFF-members can be yours!

Why unique? Because we already noticed that the marks and traces on the postcards from transportation and post offices add to their emotional value.

Big Ursus
07-15-2018, 00:54
Hi again, krötenblender, and many thanks for starting RFF Postcard Project Nr. 10.

I'm in, and I've sent the email with the info you requested. I'll look forward to hearing whether you've received that email, when it's convenient for you.

Thanks again, and I hope you have a great time in Japan!
Big Ursus

kxl
07-15-2018, 13:23
And once again, I will volunteer to email an Avery 5160 template (in MS Word) with every participant's postal mailing address after Stephan sends out the compiled list.

PM me with your email address if you want a copy of the template.

-Keith

krötenblender
07-22-2018, 17:17
Hello all,

thanks for all the mails to be in this round. We are now 23 People, me included, so there is room for more!

Anyway, this morning I had the second PM, that a mail wasn't answered by me. Both were from people with a gmail-address. There is an issue between the provider of my internet-domain and gmail, so that mails don't get delivered. (Technical stuff: In the past, the whole IP-address range of my provider was set on spam-black-lists - mistakenly. Then my provider, the biggest in Germany wasn't very smart in responding to this error, and so both, gmail and Strato, never completely resolved that issue... - Well, so much for the free Internet)

Solution:
If you are on gmail and I don't answer in two days, send me a PM to make sure, I got your message.

Best regards,
Stephan

randolph45
07-25-2018, 23:30
And once again, I will volunteer to email an Avery 5160 template (in MS Word) with every participant's postal mailing address after Stephan sends out the compiled list.

-Keith

Bless you My Son :angel:

Lughmatic
07-26-2018, 03:06
Hello all,

I know this can offend or make someone mad.... but after round #9, making 30+- FB copies and loosing them in a black hole (thanks national postal service)...and mainly after a home move (icluding a full remodelling) I've managed to re-do in a friend's darkroom all the copies (again in FB) and finally sent them to the #9 participants (sent yesterday...yes, sorry)...

I'm not into #10 as I've not finish my darkroom but thanks for oranizing this again, I'll be in for #11.

raid
07-26-2018, 06:30
That is a great thing to do! Thanks for your efforts.

raid
07-26-2018, 06:31

-Keith

What would we do without your help, Keith! :D

krötenblender
07-26-2018, 06:34
What would we do without your help, Keith! :D

Writing your hand numb... :D

rfaspen
07-26-2018, 11:42
Hello all,

I know this can offend or make someone mad.... but after round #9, making 30+- FB copies and loosing them in a black hole (thanks national postal service)...and mainly after a home move (icluding a full remodelling) I've managed to re-do in a friend's darkroom all the copies (again in FB) and finally sent them to the #9 participants (sent yesterday...yes, sorry)...

I'm not into #10 as I've not finish my darkroom but thanks for oranizing this again, I'll be in for #11.

We'll miss you in #10, but thanks for sending out the #9 image. I look forward to receiving it!

mothertrucker
07-29-2018, 20:13
In there, good timing too.

ninjin
07-31-2018, 13:34
#10 will be my first, any advice on postcard printing in general and even better, advice for printing in London. I generally prefer to support physical shops, but online will do if they have a good reputation.

kxl
07-31-2018, 13:42
I send mine to a local printer, but a lot of people swear by MOO.

Here’s the link for UK orders:

https://www.moo.com/uk/products/postcards.html?&gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-iUNpvF1nnGORgy2yceU8PRIlbVppUWCL5sFaktUuJXqvQA-8TG8txoC_3YQAvD_BwE

pyeh
07-31-2018, 16:31
OK, I'm in too. This will be my first postcard project and my first photo sharing experience in a long long time, but I love postcards of any kind so I'm not resisting any longer.

jpressman
07-31-2018, 19:24
Count me in. Wow this is exciting! I know, I must lead a dull life, huh?

raid
07-31-2018, 20:03
I send mine to a local printer, but a lot of people swear by MOO.

Here’s the link for UK orders:

https://www.moo.com/uk/products/postcards.html?&gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-iUNpvF1nnGORgy2yceU8PRIlbVppUWCL5sFaktUuJXqvQA-8TG8txoC_3YQAvD_BwE

I have been using only MOO so far. They are not cheap, but you get high quality cards from them.,

krötenblender
08-03-2018, 12:16
Last chance... :rolleyes:;)

krötenblender
08-04-2018, 13:50
Hello all,

thank you all for the mails! I will now close the list and send a mail to you in a few minutes with all the addresses.

Please make sure to check your address and data and send me a correction, if anything is wrong.

If you don't have this mail until tomorrow, please drop me a message here on RFF, so I can send you the data over another mail account.

If you want to send a mail to all participants of this round, you can use [email protected]

krötenblender
08-07-2018, 02:30
Hello again,

so, after two days with some minor correction, the final address list is ready. I will send it by mail in a few minutes. Please contact me, if you don't receive the list.

This time we are 30 people, so everybody has to send 29 postcards and hopefully receives as many. Last time, there were some complaints about too many missing postcards. So please make sure to write addresses carefully and send postcards in time.

About time: As stated in post #1: please try to send the postcards latest until September 1. (Earlier is better, of course...) So people don't have to wait forever. Especially overseas can take quite some time to arrive.

Now: Let's have fun and create some nice postcards!

Best regards,
Stephan

rolfe
08-07-2018, 06:47
Is somebody going to be making a label-friendly version of the address list?

Rolfe

kxl
08-07-2018, 08:10

-Keith

I just got the final email list from Stephan. I will put them on the Avery 5160 template tonight when I get home from work and email them to those who requested it. So, if you are interested and haven’t yet done so, PM me your email address.

raid
08-07-2018, 08:28
Thank you Keith!

krötenblender
08-07-2018, 10:22
Sorry for the simple format of the list. I use labels myself, but my printer uses A4 and not US-letter. Also I don't have any MS-Office compatible Software, so for me it's LaTeX with a Label-Macro... Probably unknown to most people here...

raid
08-07-2018, 10:37
My Ph.D. dissertation was typed up with SCRIPT, which was the initial software that led to LATEX. Did you know this fact? :)

krötenblender
08-08-2018, 11:24
My Ph.D. dissertation was typed up with SCRIPT, which was the initial software that led to LATEX. Did you know this fact? :)

Not the fact about your Ph.D. :cool:
But I know about IBMs SCRIPT, never used it, though, only the roff-family of typesetting programs before TeX/LaTeX (and before I wrote my own markup-interpreter, that exports to LaTeX...:D). However, I doubt, that Donald Knuth would agree, that SCRIPT is the initial SW, that led to TeX. The concepts how text and commands are processed, are totally different (Markup -> SCRIPT vs. turing-complete macro language -> TeX), and his motivation was to reproduce the "classic" typesetting process used for books until the mid 1970ies, before computers took over and made typesetting a nightmare for aesthetically demanding people.

Anyway: being able to write printable documents in SCRIPT definitely assigns the alpha-geek (http://catb.org/jargon/html/A/alpha-geek.html)-attribute to you. Respect. ;)

raid
08-08-2018, 11:54
:)

Thank you for the details on TEX and SCRIPT. Both share the chances of getting back a mess after compiling a document with either one. I was using draft manuals to guide me with SCRIPT. Virginia Tech's Graduate School had a "thesis" macro that students were encouraged to use when they type up theses or dissertations. I somehow managed to type my dissertation with SCRIPT.

krötenblender
08-08-2018, 12:05
:)

Thank you for the details on TEX and SCRIPT.

Me: Computer scientist with a passion for computer history and all the geeky stuff, that has been around in ancient times (i.e. before the WWW big bang)... :angel:

Godfrey
08-08-2018, 13:14
Thanks for the address list!

Got it all sorted out and ready to use with my printing system now. I print my own post cards and, with the list, I'll print the addresses and such directly to the cards. It's a lot better than my handwriting! :)

I've almost got the photo I am going to use picked out. I hope to have all of these cards printed and ready to apply postage by Friday evening ... I'm leaving on a big trip in two weeks, so they have to go into the post pretty soon to make the deadline!

best,
G

krötenblender
08-12-2018, 01:13
The hardest part is done: I have chosen a picture for the postcard! ;)

ninjin
08-13-2018, 04:04
I received the postcards from MOO this morning and the first batch should go out today. The back of the postcards were a little bit too glossy for my taste and it appears not to have liked sucking up the liquid from my stamp, apologies to anyone that ends up having a smudged stamp – at least it will be on the back of the postcard.

krötenblender
08-13-2018, 09:50
I also order from Moo. You can order cards that are only coated on the picture-side. Those are easier to write on and better for the stamps.

raid
08-13-2018, 09:52
Me: Computer scientist with a passion for computer history and all the geeky stuff, that has been around in ancient times (i.e. before the WWW big bang)... :angel:

I had a professor who worked with Alan Turing at Bletchley Park during WWII on figuring out the Enigma. Turing built a computer then.

Red Rock Bill
08-13-2018, 10:29
Got a chance to print yesterday.....cards addressed headed to the Post Office....I did something a bit different this time giving you a look into my life......hope you enjoy the card.
Regards,
Bill

raid
08-13-2018, 10:42
I need to order the cards!

krötenblender
08-13-2018, 11:05
I had a professor who worked with Alan Turing at Bletchley Park during WWII on figuring out the Enigma. Turing built a computer then.

That guy must have had stories to tell! (Except, that he probably wasn't allowed to tell...) Cool...

raid
08-13-2018, 11:08
Jack Good is his name. He was briefly shown in the movie The Imitation Game. He used to play with the British Chess Champion, who was part of the Bletchley Park team.

intheviewfinder
08-14-2018, 11:45
Finally I decided to use something from a couple of days ago. I think I'm just a bit too anal about which photo. In any case I just placed my Moo order. Onto making labels...

kxl
08-14-2018, 12:43
I’m way behind. I’d like to take a new photo specifically for this round but I’ve been so busy these past few weeks. I may end up selecting an existing image from my archive.

Jamie Pillers
08-14-2018, 12:50
I just checked postcard prices at MOO and Vistaprint. In order to get the 29 postcards for the project, both sites require an order of 50. The premium MOO cards cost $55. The Vistaprint card cost is about $12 (with a Promo code that gets applied automatically). I've used MOO in the past and the quality was excellent. I'm trying Vistaprint this time.. got my fingers crossed! :p

raid
08-14-2018, 12:54
Where do you get the promo code?

Jamie Pillers
08-14-2018, 12:55
Where do you get the promo code?

It popped automatically at the last step of ordering. It was a promo code from "Bizrate", I think.

pyeh
08-14-2018, 16:59
I took a shortcut, I hope no one minds, and ordered my postcards printed and mailed through TouchNote, the online postcard service, yesterday. No local stamps I'm afraid.
I hope the print quality is OK. It's my first time using their service.
Their functionality is great though, especially for the one postcard mailed to many different people. You save the card, including message, and change the address for each recipient.

raid
08-14-2018, 17:26
It popped automatically at the last step of ordering. It was a promo code from "Bizrate", I think.

Thank you, Jamie. I may try it out.

It is really just $12-$13 for 50 cards, glossy on front only, shipped.

mothertrucker
08-14-2018, 19:22
Well, I have a picture picked out, but I'm still waiting on a fresh box of blank ilford postcards!

I hope the postcard team doesn't mind if there's a little delay, there's no predicting the mail.

krötenblender
08-15-2018, 11:08
I got my first card from PYeh.
That was quick! Thank you! I will order my cards this weekend.

Love this exciting phase, where I come home every day and almost always find a card. Great!

pyeh
08-15-2018, 14:37
Thanks, KrotenB. Touchnote mails from the UK, Netherlands, US and Australia. My cards for the Continent were the first to be acknowledged by Touchnote as being printed and mailed. I guess Americans should be getting their's soon. Curiously I ordered one for myself but I haven't received it yet.

raid
08-15-2018, 16:01
I just placed my order with vistaprint. Cost is about $16.50 shipped. The discount coupon changed to a smaller amount.

intheviewfinder
08-15-2018, 17:33
I took a shortcut, I hope no one minds, and ordered my postcards printed and mailed through TouchNote, the online postcard service, yesterday...

I'm going to try this out. I've got a couple of trips coming up so I'll send some postcards home. Lets see what I get. Thx for the tip.

pyeh
08-15-2018, 18:08
Intheviewfinder, you're welcome. The thing to figure out for yourself is whether TouchNote's postage rates work better for you than normal postage rates. For me in Australia mailing overseas it definitely did, not to mention the printing of the cards, and the postage time. I bought a large job lot of "credits" which brings the cost per card down.

Godfrey
08-16-2018, 00:05
It was a very long day of printing projects... But all my cards are now made, ready for postage, signature, and drop off at the post office. I'm out of town tomorrow... They'll go out on Friday.

Woo hoo! :D

G

intheviewfinder
08-16-2018, 08:03
Intheviewfinder, you're welcome. The thing to figure out for yourself is whether TouchNote's postage rates work better for you than normal postage rates. For me in Australia mailing overseas it definitely did, not to mention the printing of the cards, and the postage time. I bought a large job lot of "credits" which brings the cost per card down.

Mainly I'm thinking I could use it as a way of sending postcards to friends and family when I'm on a road trip. Rather than sending the usual postcard I can send my own photo.

Papercut
08-16-2018, 08:08
First card came in the mail today: Red Rock Bill's. Very nice!

I'm a slow one this go round -- work dumped extra stuff on me suddenly so I've not had time to develop and process my backlog of recently shot film. If I can't make the time in the next few days to do that, I will have to resort to pulling an image from my archives for printing. My apologies!

intheviewfinder
08-16-2018, 09:15
I too received Red Rock Bill's fine photo in today's mail. :D

rolfe
08-16-2018, 10:11
FWIW, I used PrintPlace.com, who I've used previously. The prices are very competitive and the quality, IMO, is better than MOO. I got 75 5x7 cards on upgraded, thicker stock with glossy front for $52.00 including shipping.

Rolfe

Jamie Pillers
08-16-2018, 11:22
I just placed my order with vistaprint. Cost is about $16.50 shipped. The discount coupon changed to a smaller amount.

Now keep our fingers crossed... hoping the quality is OK. :p

raid
08-16-2018, 12:05
If not, it was only a small investment. MOO is still there. I did not figure out how to get the back page with some information so I left it blank.
I ordered the Premium paper.

dfranklin
08-16-2018, 12:35
The first postcard, from Red Rock Bill, arrived in Cambridge, Mass., today! Beautiful!

ninjin
08-16-2018, 12:43
My office just notified me that a postcard has arrived from a “Roland”, looking forward to seeing it when I get to the office!

raid
08-16-2018, 12:49
I am at zero postcards count so far.

Red Rock Bill
08-17-2018, 09:01
Peter Yeh your card has arrived.......thanks,Bill

kxl
08-17-2018, 09:31
Got Bill's postcard along with my new Thinktank Retrospective 7.

Two great deliveries on the same day!

dfranklin
08-17-2018, 18:58
My cards are addressed (thanks, Keith, for the labels!) and stamped, will hope to get them in the mail tomorrow.

I ordered from MOO (I'm familiar with them and didn't have time to search for alternatives), but was disappointed to find that about 20% of the cards had small printing imperfections. But since I had to order in increments of 25, I have plenty of extras. I chose the best ones for RFF.

Godfrey
08-17-2018, 19:17
I've received Red Rock Bill's lovely card! Thank you!

All my cards are in the mail now. :D

G

intheviewfinder
08-18-2018, 16:27
Got another in the mail today from pyeh with a very appropriate subject. Thanks Peter!

Don Parsons
08-18-2018, 16:55
I’ve received two cards as well.

Mine are due to be here Monday night and will go out shortly thereafter.

Don

rfaspen
08-19-2018, 10:44
Two cards made it to the great Pacific Northwest so far.

I have yet to receive my cards from Vistaprint. Soon I hope.

Are we having fun yet?

Jamie Pillers
08-19-2018, 15:24
I just got my cards from Vistaprint. Quality is pretty good, especially for the price. Not quite as nice as Moo cards, but they're 1/3 the price of Moo.

raid
08-19-2018, 15:37
Thank you for this update, Jamie! Did you pick "premium paper"?

raid
08-19-2018, 15:43
By the way, I have also received Red Rock Bill's beautiful card. Thank you. It is my first card this year.

Jamie Pillers
08-19-2018, 17:06
Thank you for this update, Jamie! Did you pick "premium paper"?

Yes, with the coating on one side only.

raid
08-19-2018, 17:14
This is what I also asked for.

Red Rock Bill
08-20-2018, 08:45
2 more great cards today ... one from Cambridge,MA thank you David and one from Santa Clara,Ca thank you Godfrey. I love the post card exchange.

Bill

krötenblender
08-20-2018, 12:19
Still by one... But nevertheless, looking into the postbox when coming home is now more exciting than before.

My cards should arrive on Thursday, so I hope to finish them during the weekend and send them beginning of next week.

raid
08-20-2018, 13:08
I received two additional cards today.

intheviewfinder
08-20-2018, 17:16
Received dfranklin's card today. Really like this one (thinking it's probably the Red Line). Thanks for this afternoon's smile.

On another topic my Moo postcards should arrive Thursday. I'm planning to mail them Friday... Saturday the latest.

Godfrey
08-20-2018, 18:05
Cool, the cards are getting out there! :)

I've received Peter Yeh's and Red Rock Bill's cards so far—lovely, both of them—as well as my self-send (I always send one to myself to record the send date). I hope a couple more arrive tomorrow, because the day after I'm leaving on a six week trip and won't see any until October.

I wasn't focusing on doing the camera tech thing on the cards themselves... But for anyone who might be curious, the photo on my card was made with the Leica M-D typ 262 fitted with a Voigtländer Color Skopar 28mm f/3.5. Exposure was ISO 400 @ f/5.6 @ 1/125 second. I made the cards by gang-printing 4-up the backside graphics and addresses in two passes, then gang-printed 4-up the image, then cut and trimmed all of them to size. The paper is Epson Hot Press Natural, printed on an Epson P600 printer.

Fun stuff! I look forward to seeing the rest of the cards when I get back from travel. :D

onwards!
G

dfranklin
08-20-2018, 18:29
Received dfranklin's card today. Really like this one (thinking it's probably the Red Line). Thanks for this afternoon's smile.

On another topic my Moo postcards should arrive Thursday. I'm planning to mail them Friday... Saturday the latest.

Thanks! Actually that was taken during a weekend trip to NYC--the C train in Manhattan. The Red Line is "quaint" by comparison. But it does have amazing views of the Charles River, which I'm sure my son will love when I take him into Boston.

I put the cards in the mail Saturday afternoon, so I'm pleasantly surprised that they're already arriving in mailboxes. You're a local, intheviewfinder, but it sounds like my card already made it out to New Mexico!

I've really enjoyed the cards I've received so far. Keep them coming!

Jamie Pillers
08-20-2018, 18:38
My cards went out today. Looking forward to seeing all yours!

jkcampbell
08-21-2018, 09:28
The card are starting to roll in! Pretty exciting. So how do you store the postcards you receive? Here's what I used for RFF #9. It's a Moleskine Classic Large Memo Pockets. Holds both the normal sized postcards as well as the larger 5x7 cards. Cheers, jc

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1867/44132203652_0695fc70ae.jpg

Jamie Pillers
08-21-2018, 09:41
https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/14844/med_U14844I1534873207.SEQ.0.jpg

Papercut
08-21-2018, 09:49
I've received a couple more as well. I just placed my print order today -- slated to arrive end of the month and will go out right away thereafter. My apologies for being one of the slow ones. I vowed I wouldn't be a repeat offender this time around, but looks like I'm breaking that vow (recidivism is oh so insidious!).

Jamie Pillers
08-21-2018, 09:57
I've received a couple more as well. I just placed my print order today -- slated to arrive end of the month and will go out right away thereafter. My apologies for being one of the slow ones. I vowed I wouldn't be a repeat offender this time around, but looks like I'm breaking that vow (recidivism is oh so insidious!).

Just as long as you make it before the next postcard project starts, you're good. :p

krötenblender
08-21-2018, 10:06
https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/14844/med_U14844I1534873207.SEQ.0.jpg

Funny, I have nearly the same setup, but a few more.

Today I received three cards at once. Great! I'm at four now.

And I received my prints today also. Good quality. I will make them ready in the next few days.

intheviewfinder
08-21-2018, 13:25
Unexpectedly received my Moo postcards today so I'll assemble everything and mail them in the morning

Big Ursus
08-21-2018, 22:08
" So how do you store the postcards you receive?"
I pin them up on notice boards, next to my work station.

intheviewfinder
08-22-2018, 07:37
" So how do you store the postcards you receive?"
I pin them up on notice boards, next to my work station.

I have a wall painted with magnetic paint. When I receive a postcard I put them on the wall with rare earth magnets. They'll stay there for a few months. Eventually I put them in a 4x6 acid free storage box (it's about 11" long).

I mailed my postcards this morning so folks should be seeing them soon.

Lastly I just got Godfrey's subtle Hidden Messages postcard in today's mail.

raid
08-22-2018, 10:48
I mailed out my cards today. I hope that they all will arrive safely to you.

rolfe
08-23-2018, 03:03
Four received -- mine went out yesterday!

Best,

Rolfe

krötenblender
08-23-2018, 05:16
None today... *sigh*

Papercut
08-23-2018, 05:23
I've received five so far ... all of them colo(u)r! What is RFF coming to???? ;)

mothertrucker
08-23-2018, 09:39
I've received five so far ... all of them colo(u)r! What is RFF coming to???? ;)

OK I am going to break the color streak. Printed cards in the darkroom last night, need to address and mail them yet.

Mine will I hope be entertaining for everyone - not giving out any hints though.

Jamie Pillers
08-23-2018, 10:38
Oops... forgot to move the slider to the left! :-P

ColSebastianMoran
08-24-2018, 18:22
Well... I'll be late this time. My apologies. Great shots so far!

Godfrey
08-25-2018, 02:17
The card are starting to roll in! Pretty exciting. So how do you store the postcards you receive? Here's what I used for RFF #9. It's a Moleskine Classic Large Memo Pockets. Holds both the normal sized postcards as well as the larger 5x7 cards. Cheers, jc

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1867/44132203652_0695fc70ae.jpg

Thanks! That's a nice storage book! I've ordered one ... if I like it, I'll order a few more because it looks like it would work well for a few other print collections. :)

G

intheviewfinder
08-25-2018, 07:56
Got three cards yesterday - zane0777, Rolfe, and ninjin.
And recieved two today - Raid and Jamie Pillers.
So far I've got nine on my wall. :D

Red Rock Bill
08-25-2018, 07:56
Holy smoke....5 great cards this morning...tank you Rolf,Raid,Rich,Jamie and Zane....a nice way to start the day.
Regards,
Bill

mothertrucker
08-25-2018, 13:49
9 cards so far! Got 4 just today.

Great shots so far, love the variety.

Just dropped mine off at the post office this morning. Hope they all make it to their destination!

jpressman
08-26-2018, 16:14
I've received 10 cards so far, they're looking great! Mine are on the way to me from MOO, should have them out this week.

dfranklin
08-26-2018, 18:13
I've received 10 cards so far, they're looking great! Mine are on the way to me from MOO, should have them out this week.

10!! I have received only 6. If the others are ending up in someone else's mail, I sure hope they're appreciating their good fortune!

krötenblender
08-26-2018, 19:26
Relax, I‘m at four cards now...

pyeh
08-27-2018, 00:14
Are you kidding? Here in far away Aus I've received none so far.

dfranklin
08-27-2018, 11:00
Three more cards today, from Rich (love that action shot!! made me chuckle), Pontus, and Raid. All beautiful cards.

Peter, I'll be interested to know how long it takes for them to begin arriving in the antipodes.

Don Parsons
08-27-2018, 12:35
Mailed mine this morning.

Red Rock Bill
08-27-2018, 13:28
2 more today....thanks Jeff(freshen) and Brian (mother trucker)I'm always amazed at the different styles of cards sent out......regards,Bill

raid
08-27-2018, 13:41
I have received 9 cards so far. Two arrived today. Thanks.

rolfe
08-29-2018, 08:50
Brian's excellent card has made me vow to print my own next time around...

I have a box of the Ilford postcards somewhere -- I just need to find an easel that will work with them.

Rolfe

rfaspen
08-29-2018, 09:55
I'm receiving cards too! I just counted and I have 11 cards at this point. Very cool :cool:.

On my card, I forgot to mention that the oldest shoes found in N. America are about 10,000 years old! That's pretty old. I know this because I happened to be visiting Fort Rock with an archaeologist friend. I highly recommend taking field trips with your archaeologist friends! It was fascinating!

Thanks mucho to everyone for your great images. I just love RFF postcard. :D

krötenblender
08-29-2018, 10:20
I also received some more postcards. Thanks to all of you! I always stick them to the mirror, that we have near the entry so that my family also can see them first, when they arrive at home. We all love them.

I have received my cards and hope to send them this weekend. Adding one more color-card, sorry, no BW from me... :)

pyeh
08-29-2018, 16:14
I go away for a few days and Lo! five lovely postcards arrive for me, from Red Rock Bill, Raid, Godfrey, dfranklin and ninjin. Thank you very much!

raid
08-29-2018, 16:19
I now have 11 postcards. Very nice!

mothertrucker
08-29-2018, 17:46
Mailed mine this morning.

Just got yours today Don. Great location. I bet that was a foreboding place to be.

Papercut
08-30-2018, 17:53
Cards have been coming in -- all looking great!

Mine arrived from Moo and are addressed and ready to be mailed. They will go out tomorrow, barring an act of god.

krötenblender
08-31-2018, 12:21
Just finished writing my cards. I will bring them to the post office tomorrow. I hope, they get to all of you soon and in good shape.

Best regards,
Stephan

motion_runner
09-01-2018, 02:47
I am at 13 cards. Thank you all. Mailed mine on Thursday and those to Australia and New Zealand last weekend.

@mothertrucker
Hey Brian, great card!

krötenblender
09-01-2018, 02:58
They are coming for you...

(My postcards, I mean)

mothertrucker
09-01-2018, 04:47
@mothertrucker
Hey Brian, great card!

Thanks motion_runner!

ColSebastianMoran
09-01-2018, 07:48
Whoosh! They're off, in the mail. Best regards to all!

Red Rock Bill
09-01-2018, 08:39
Three more cards this morning found their way to NM....Thank you Don Parsons,Keith Leonin and Pontus who's card was enclosed in an envelope which avoided the strange sorting machine markings.....great cards all.......
Thank you,
Bill

pyeh
09-02-2018, 17:37
By Friday last week i received three more cards, from Jamie Pillers, Intheviewfinder and Rolfe. all wonderful. Many thanks.

Big Ursus
09-03-2018, 21:20
Thanks very much Jamie, Pontus, Raid, Red Rock Bill, Rich, Rolfe, and Zane - great pictures! I expect many more wonderful cards after Labour Day.

BTW, I mailed the last of mine today. Sorry for the delay.

analogangler
09-04-2018, 06:42
12 Cards received thus far! (mail not yet come today...anticipate more)

I took the photo about a month ago but have been gone for 3 weeks and just found time to the negative developed (4x5/b&w) - next is contact printing to Ilford cards. I'm just getting my darkroom set up at my new place - so this will be the very first thing printed!

Will hopefully have everything printed and in the post by Friday...apologies for being one of the slow ones. It will just stretch out the excitement right?

Love the cards that have arrived already and excited for those yet to come!

I see Mothertrucker also contact printed - excellent!

Cheers,

AnalogAngler

rfaspen
09-04-2018, 08:45
Its been a postcard desert here lately. Haven't received any new cards for about a week now.

Maybe today?!

Really looking forward to more contact-printed cards (got the one from mothertrucker, what a cool card!)

mothertrucker
09-04-2018, 11:20
I see Mothertrucker also contact printed - excellent!

Hey analogangler and rfaspen

Don't want to break any hearts - I actually printed with my 4x5 enlarger. I don't have a good way to print these 6x13 images so what I do is tape them to a glass sheet I then sandwich into the spot where the negative carriers go.

Thanks for your compliments. I am looking forward to the end of the exchange where we explain what the hell we were thinking when the picture was taken!

pyeh
09-04-2018, 13:58
rfaspen, Corvallis may be a postcard desert but I received your card yesterday, a lovely picture of early-industrial heritage. Thanks.

Papercut
09-04-2018, 16:49
Got jpressman's colorful card in the mail today. Haven't counted the arrivals but the stack is growing and they're all looking great.

Mine went out last Friday as promised and should be arriving at East Coast (US) locations soon I imagine.

pyeh
09-04-2018, 18:45
And in today's mail, four great cards from Mothertrucker, Don Parsons, Zane0777 and Kxl. Thank you all of you.

ColSebastianMoran
09-05-2018, 03:37
Papercut arrived, along with others noted above. Great fun.

Red Rock Bill
09-05-2018, 08:14
Three more this morning...thanks to Jeff,Rick and Kevin who had a great back story about his card...also the postman again sends his thanks..he too looks forward to our exchange....
Bill

Big Ursus
09-06-2018, 22:51
I've now also received terrific cards from David, Godfrey, Mothertrucker, Peter, and Rfaspen. This is a great project!

Red Rock Bill
09-10-2018, 04:51
A black and white card from Frank in Germany this morning ,great way to start the day......
thanks.

Regards,Bill

pyeh
09-10-2018, 13:35
Yesterday two great cards from jpressman and Colonel Moran. Thank you!
I now have 15 cards in total.

jpressman
09-10-2018, 17:02
Two more today, I'm up to 19. It's pretty exciting to think there are another 10 or so yet to come. This is really great, I'm so happy to have joined in!

dfranklin
09-10-2018, 19:03
A postcard bonanza today: 5 beautiful cards from Stephan, Big Ursus, Andrew, Frank, and Analog Angler! Love that 4x5 contact print!

largedrink
09-11-2018, 00:42
I managed to get my postcards to the post office last week. And many thanks to everyone for the great cards that have turned up in New Zealand so far: Kevin, Jeff, Richard, Brian, Keith, Don, Peter, Jamie, David, Jeff, Bill, Frank, Rolfe, Rich, Raid, Zane, Pontus, Godfrey. That makes 18 so far - good stuff!

Red Rock Bill
09-12-2018, 08:46
Thanks to Carl "Analog Angler" and Andrew for 2 more great cards....have 18 now so getting close to the end.....kinda sad

regards,
Bill

Papercut
09-12-2018, 08:50
I'm sitting at 21 (today's mail not yet delivered). So, closing in on the final tally. So far the cards have been more prompt than previous exchanges ... not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing: I kind of enjoyed getting surprise cards late, even very late when I had given up on them, as it drew out the whole experience.

krötenblender
09-12-2018, 11:29
I beat you: 22 cards so far :D

Yeah its sad, the end is near... However, we can do another next spring or so. Many great cards until now. Very different styles as always.

Thanks to all participants for the great pictures.

Has anyone received my postcard, yet? I've send them quite some time ago now, and think, they should start to arrive now.

Godfrey
09-12-2018, 11:59
My partner sent me a photo of a large pile of postcards and mail sitting on my desk at home. I'm looking forward to seeing them when I get home in October...

G

Papercut
09-12-2018, 12:48
I beat you: 22 cards so far :D

Yeah its sad, the end is near... However, we can do another next spring or so. Many great cards until now. Very different styles as always.

Thanks to all participants for the great pictures.

Has anyone received my postcard, yet? I've send them quite some time ago now, and think, they should start to arrive now.

Stephan, I've received your card yes. Lovely image with pastel color palette and the subject in motion. And it was made with one of the cameras I've always lusted after but never quite gotten around to buying. Envious!

jkcampbell
09-12-2018, 14:46
Finished mine today, in the mail tomorrow! jc

pyeh
09-12-2018, 16:10
In today's mail I got Largedrink's, Krotenblender's and Big Ursus' cards. All great images. Such a nice project, this card exchange.
Largedrink, you must look me up next time you're in town. We will convene an RFF meetup in your name.

largedrink
09-12-2018, 22:33
In today's mail I got Largedrink's, Krotenblender's and Big Ursus' cards. All great images. Such a nice project, this card exchange.
Largedrink, you must look me up next time you're in town. We will convene an RFF meetup in your name.

Sounds like a great excuse to get "over the ditch" to Sydney for a holiday Peter, thanks! And likewise if you're in Wellington please get in touch.
Hugh

Red Rock Bill
09-13-2018, 14:33
One today from NZ thanks Hugh.....the b/w cards have got me thinking about the next round.
regards,
Bill

dfranklin
09-13-2018, 18:38
A beautiful card from NZ arrived in MA, USA today!

rfaspen
09-13-2018, 19:43
A card from krotenblender made it all the way to the Pacific coast of North America today.

I'm at 22 now (oh wait, I think that includes my own). I'm at 21 :D

jpressman
09-17-2018, 20:21
I'm up to 23, received jkcampbell's today - nice! Still a few more to come...

Red Rock Bill
09-18-2018, 09:05
with 2 today that brings me up to 22.....thanks to John Campbell and "Big Ursus" for todays great additions.
regards,
Bill

jnalepa
09-21-2018, 06:38
Is it possible to just enroll for the next one now? I keep checking back after one round finishes, but by the time the next is announced it's been so long that I miss it.

Red Rock Bill
09-21-2018, 08:17
another card this morning ...from Dan (Seakayaker)..pottery imbedded in a wall that seems to form overflowing fountiain's pretty neat concept...good eye Dan.
regards,
Bill

krötenblender
09-21-2018, 08:35
Is it possible to just enroll for the next one now? I keep checking back after one round finishes, but by the time the next is announced it's been so long that I miss it.

You can subscribe to this thread and activate mail-notification for it. I always announce the next round in the old thread first.

Sorry, I'm just not able to remember who wants to be in for about half a year... :o

intheviewfinder
09-21-2018, 16:28
Sorry for the absence my OS HD died (9/3 - photo files are fine) and I was scheduled to be in Philadelphia from the 9th until the 15th. I had to figure out what I wanted, order just before I left for Philly, and of course there was a delay. I got this new machine yesterday - a humdinger (latest tech - 1tb SSD).

In any case while I was down and during my visit to Philadelphia I received a bunch of cards making my total 23 thus far.

Dancers, water, abandon windmills, sculpture, mailboxes, wildlife (are shopping carts wildlife?)...
I love seeing another person's perspective. While I might not 'like' or 'catch the drift' until later I appreciate them all.

I did noticed they're just about spit even between B&W vs color.

Big Ursus
09-23-2018, 20:22
Hi again, everyone,
As of Sunday, September-23-18, I've also received marvellous cards from:
Analog Angler, Andrew, Hugh, Jeff, John, Keith, Kevin, Krotenblender, and R. Reissmann.

To date, that's a total of 21 - what a super project, thanks everone!

pyeh
09-23-2018, 22:02
For me, I received last week cards from Analog Angler, ABrosig, motion runner and Papercut, bringing my total to 22. Wonderful pictures, all of them.

jnalepa
09-24-2018, 09:36
How do I activate email for this thread?

krötenblender
09-24-2018, 10:42

In the "Thread Tools" menu at the top subscribe to this thread, then go to you User CP, goto "List subscriptions", select the thread, activate Mail notification for the thread (menu at bottom of thread-list), if not already active.

Papercut
09-24-2018, 10:43

At top right of the thread page (right under the page 1, 2, 3, 4, ... links) there is a drop down button for "Thread Tools". You can subscribe to the thread there. You will be able to choose whether you want instant email notifications, daily notifications, or no notifications.

randolph45
09-27-2018, 11:14
Finally mailed my cards Monday the 24th.
23 so far including mine

ColSebastianMoran
09-27-2018, 14:32
Yup, two today. A bear and a mural.

pyeh
09-27-2018, 20:27
Today, after a gap of 9 days, I received a lovely card from JKCampbell, of a moving cow.

Red Rock Bill
09-28-2018, 09:15
Mailman just brought a great card with a mural featuring Johnny Cash.....thanks to Randy T
regards,
Bill

rolfe
09-28-2018, 10:09
After receiving a couple of nice cards this round printed on the Ilford postcard stock, I've vowed to go completely analog for the next round as well.

My question is, how to do a borderless print on that stock without investing in a vacuum easel? Easy to do them with white borders, but borderless?

Rolfe

Big Ursus
10-02-2018, 02:31
Last week, I got a great picture of an enormous, red & black Johnny Cash from Randy T. That makes the total of the cards I've received 23.

Should I expect any more?

krötenblender
10-02-2018, 02:45
Should I expect any more?

I think, I have a little more than 23, but we had about 30 people in this round... So yes, expect more. ;)

Godfrey
10-02-2018, 03:27
I'm on the train home at last, woke up in Toledo, OH, this morning ... Should be home Thursday evening. I'm looking forward to seeing the postcards that my partner has been stacking on my desk since August 22!!!

:D

Onwards!
G

pyeh
10-02-2018, 03:36
Today I received a very nice card from Seakayaker of an interesting looking fountain, I think, on an ivy covered wall, with a kind personalized note too. Thank you.

Big Ursus
10-03-2018, 02:40
Today Seakayaker 's fine card arrived. Thanks very much, Sir, for your comment about my bear!

intheviewfinder
10-03-2018, 04:59
Got another bringing the total to 24 (+1 extra ;) )

Here's the batch on my home office wall .
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/42605/med_U42605I1538571373.SEQ.0.jpg

raid
10-03-2018, 05:28
WOW! Very impressive and beautiful.

pyeh
10-03-2018, 17:20
Now that's interesting. Looking at Intheviewfinder's collection, and I know one of his is a "+1", I am missing the bird picture top, second from right, and the orange portrait, second column from right, third down.
On the other hand I have one not shown, which is Mid-August Bolton Fair from Intheviewfinder himself.

pyeh
10-03-2018, 20:46
Would you believe, I just checked my mailbox and there it was: Randolph45's card of the Johnny Cash mural in Sacramento (orange portrait alluded to above). Thank you, Randy.

rfaspen
10-03-2018, 21:47
No orange bear in Oregon yet. :( So there's one I'm missing.

I'm up to 25 cards excluding my own. Seems like we had more than 25 participants this round.....more coming???

I remember one round with > 40 participants. That was quite a collection. Of course, that was a lot of stamps too :)

Godfrey
10-05-2018, 05:45
I arrived home from my six weeks traveling last evening—My gosh, what a great trip that was! :D

Welcoming me on my desk ... next to the piles of mail and packages to process!... I found 24 RFF Postcard #10 delights to view and enjoy, including my own. I've only just counted them so far: I'm saving the fun of looking through them for a little bit as I clean up the mess here and get a moment to relax and enjoy them.

Great stuff everyone!

G

ColSebastianMoran
10-05-2018, 06:45
"Ghostbuster's Ride" arrived yesterday with a fab commemorative stamp. Getting close to the end of this round? I have 27 including my own, looks like we had 30 addresses this time.

Best regards to all!

Red Rock Bill
10-05-2018, 08:28
"Ghostbusters Ride" just arrived...a great card...mail man always discusses the cards.....had a tourist in from Germany who looked on and I brought out my envelope with this years cards....she wanted to know what it was all about...I explained and she thought it would be a great way for her social group to stay in contact by sending out cards to each other instead of just text messages.....maybe it will happen.......regards,Bill

Godfrey
10-05-2018, 14:54
Welcoming me on my desk ... next to the piles of mail and packages to process!... I found 24 RFF Postcard #10 delights to view and enjoy, including my own. I've only just counted them so far...

I've processed through all the mail on my desk and found that there were three more postcards received, enclosed in envelopes. :) My total count now is 27..

It's been a hectic day ... I should soon have the time to look at them! :D

G

jweber3rd
10-27-2018, 11:56
I have just mailed my postcards today. My apologies for the long delay.

Papercut
10-27-2018, 15:48

No worries -- I'll confess that I actually like getting one or two cards very late like this. It draws out the suspense and joy in an unpredictable, but pleasurable way. So, "thanks!" from me for supplying one of the things I enjoy most about the RFF projects. :)

intheviewfinder
10-30-2018, 08:43

Your card arrived today... I thought we were done so it was definitely a surprise. Neat shot.

rfaspen
10-30-2018, 11:16
Several days ago the last straggler card to arrive here in western Oregon was an orange bear. It was indeed a pleasant surprise because I thought no more cards were going to arrive. I think the bear came down from Edmonton. Cool.

pyeh
10-30-2018, 12:36
I was away for 2 weeks and when I got back there was this nice Halloween card from FDarnell. Thank you very much, Paul!
That makes 26 cards for me. Hopefully the others, apart from jweber3rd's, have not got lost in the mail.

Red Rock Bill
10-31-2018, 04:40
an interesting card from John Weber of a crab.....had to put my glasses on ....thank you
regards,
Bill

krötenblender
11-01-2018, 11:45
Hello,

it's been a long time without any cards. But today I found John Weber Crab also, when I came home. What a pleasant surprise. Thank you!

pyeh
11-06-2018, 15:31
Today I received John Weber's Crab too. Lovely muted tones. Thank you, John.
That makes 27 cards now. Thank you everyone.

krötenblender
11-09-2018, 10:44
Hello all,

thank you for participating to all of you. I received some very pictures this round and I'm very happy with the results.

Rick reminded me, that one of the best things to this is, when the round is more or less over, everyone posts his/her picture here and writes a few words to it. Well, I think, the time has come...

Sorry Rick, that I didn't made it the other day as promised... But here it comes. This was my picture and I hope, all of you received it:

https://mempool.net/galleries/misc/rff10.jpg

It was shot this summer in Japan at the beach of Kamakura while we waited for the summer fireworks to start. The beach was crowded to the last place, so this picture does really show the opposite of the situation. Tele-lens perspective compression did the trick... It was shot with the Olympus Pen-F and the incredible 75mm/f1.8 lens.

When the fireworks started about an hour later, there was no place left to sit at the beach. The fireworks were started from a platform in the water about 300m from the beach and after about 10 minutes (the show lasted for about 2 hours) heavy clouds came to the beach and nothing could be seen of the show anymore, except for some distant colorful cloud-lighting...

Nevertheless, people were in good mood and applauded every visible sparkle and had their picknick at the beach until it was over. I loved it. During that trip, we saw quite a few very big fireworks in different places (Yokohama, Sumida/Tokyo, Kamakura and a few others), all were just perfect except for this one, which was totally ruined by the weather. However, people were so polite, mood was great. It's the one, that I remember with the most fond memories. The japanese people... that's it, why I love to be there.

pyeh
11-09-2018, 13:15
Krotenblender, that's a great backstory, and I enjoyed your photo a lot. I've been to Japan a number of times, but never at the height of summer, so I have missed the big firework shows.

Papercut
11-09-2018, 13:15
I don't have my photo uploaded on flickr (or any other image hosting site) so I can't link to it here. I explained a little of the backstory on the back of the postcard, so I'll not re-tell that again.

Some may have noticed the whitish blur in the middle of the photo. I don't want to do a complete demolition job on the overall romanticism of the image, but that was actually a plastic bag of leftover food (doggie bag!) from a Chinese restaurant that the woman was trying to hand to my wife -- the four of us had gone out to eat together. Mundane reality. But I've always loved the image with the strangely sharp foliage in the background and the blurred figures on left and right.

ColSebastianMoran
11-11-2018, 06:58
Not much of a back story for mine. I have been using a DJI Phantom 3 4K as a flying camera platform, watching regularly for the right weather and sky for photos of our lake. This one from late fall 2017, pretty much straight out of the camera with only minor adjustments.

This is Eastman Lake in Grantham NH. That's Grantham Mountain and Croyden Peak in the distance. Eastman is a planned community. There are homes all along the lake shore, but community policies keep the shoreline looking great. That's one of our five beaches in the foreground. #EastmanNH I have used these postcards to help promote the community.

Greatly enjoyed this postcard round! Thanks to all who participated!

http://2under.net/images/171107-EastmanLake-NCove-Fall-DJI_0009-Edit-Scr.jpg

Godfrey
11-11-2018, 08:25
Whew. Took me more than a month to look at and enjoy all these excellent postcards! Terrific work, everyone. I received 28 cards in total (so far ... :) ) and they're all delightful.

I like the notion of preparing a backstory post for the thread. I'll have to think about that and post it later. But thank you all for the photographs: A diverse collection of works.

Oh yes: And the suggestion of a Moleskine Memo Pockets (Large) to keep them all together was just right for me. I've put "RFF Postcard #10 - 2018" on the spine and it fits perfectly in my shelf full of photo treasures.

G

zane0777
11-12-2018, 07:26
I was waiting in my car when a few skateboarders showed up next door to practice their moves on a loading dock and surrounding structures. By prefocusing and anticipating the shutter lag I managed to get a few usable shots.

Canon PowerShot SX160 IS, 1/320 s, f/5.6, ISO 100, taken Nov 2, 2014 in Winnipeg, MB Canada. Image cropped, desaturated, and bit depth reduced to emphasize the silhouette.

Godfrey
11-13-2018, 17:01
Delighted to say I received yet another postcard, this one the Chicago photo from reggie. Very lovely!

I'm up to 29 now, there's just one still out there from my list, presuming it wasn't lost in the mail somehow. :)

G

raid
11-13-2018, 17:10
I received today another postcard! (Chicago long exposure night scene).
Thank you.

intheviewfinder
11-14-2018, 11:09
Well well.... I had a surprise in the mailbox today as I received a fine B&W card with a pretty nifty shot taken in Chicago. Thanks Reggie!

Is that it? I've now received 28 cards.

Jamie Pillers
11-14-2018, 12:24
Well well.... I had a surprise in the mailbox today as I received a fine B&W card with a pretty nifty shot taken in Chicago. Thanks Reggie!

Is that it? I've now received 28 cards.

I've received 26 of the possible 30, here on the west coast, USA. I suspect postcards are easily lost in the mail. Or possibly caused by my aggresive junk mail recycling habits... :-P

randolph45
11-25-2018, 21:51
krötenblender
Well it looks like someone in my post office really likes your cards.
Last round and this rounds card have failed to show here.
I have 27 including mine.

Bummer!

pyeh
11-26-2018, 02:18
Last week I received Reggie's beautiful night time picture of Chicago, thank you very much!
That makes 28 cards out of a possible 29, I believe. I hope the last card is just late and not lost.
It's been a fun project.

intheviewfinder
11-26-2018, 08:05
My simple photo was taken at the local fairgrounds while watching the pig races. It's always fun wandering around county and state fairs with a camera. It's quite the photo-rich environment. :D

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/42605/med_U42605I1543251496.SEQ.0.jpg

krötenblender
11-26-2018, 11:29
krötenblender
Well it looks like someone in my post office really likes your cards.
Last round and this rounds card have failed to show here.

That is not nice. Did anyone else not yet receive my postcard?

pyeh
11-26-2018, 12:58
I got yours, Stephan, back in mid-September, and very nice it was.

igzabeher
12-02-2018, 18:59
My apologies for 1) being MIA lately and 2) getting my cards out so late. If for some reason you did not recieve yours, let me know, I have extras. And thank you for the kind words.

Stephan - Count me among those who have received your card.

As for the backstory, it's on the card. the tldr version, my wife was at a conference in Chicago and I tagged along, because I could, and why not? She had some conference-y things to do, so I had some time to myself one evening. Found myself on Michigan Avenue, where it becomes the DuSable Bridge and the rest is a photograph.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4674/39780150084_2462141c06.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/23BeEGC)Wrigley Building and North Michigan Avenue_Leica_M5_Eastman XX 5222 200 (https://flic.kr/p/23BeEGC) by reggie miller (https://www.flickr.com/photos/igzabeher/), on Flickr

Big Ursus
01-09-2019, 16:56
Is it time to start posting our pictures here with comments?

Godfrey
01-09-2019, 17:06
I have received cards from everyone on the list now, I believe. And an excellent group of post cards they are! :D

G

pyeh
01-09-2019, 19:41
I've really enjoyed this series of exchanges. Wonderful images from everybody.
I received 28 of the 29 cards as of this date.

krötenblender
01-10-2019, 04:38
Is it time to start posting our pictures here with comments?

YES, PLEASE!! We already started. Mine is currently not visible due to ISP problems over Christmas, but I will link it back here soon.

Big Ursus
01-18-2019, 22:42
Hi, this bear is painted a colour known as international distress orange. It's emerging onto the street from a concrete slab on the front lawn of a commercial art gallery.

I think it's great to have bears on city lawns, especially orange ones.

Big Ursus
01-18-2019, 22:48
This bear is painted a colour known as international distress orange. It's emerging onto the street from a concrete slab on the front lawn of a commercial art gallery.

I think it's great to have bears on city lawns, especially orange ones.

Big Ursus
01-18-2019, 22:49
Sorry for the error in posting, and for the missing picture. I'll try to post it in the Galery, where I usually have better luck.

ninjin
01-19-2019, 03:57
18 received here in London, one thing that struck me is how often they are damaged in transit which is a bit sad. Hopefully all of mine made it since they were in envelopes that would take the worst of the beating going through the sorting machines.

Personal favourite at this point, “Beach Crab” by jweber3rd. I am usually not a macro fan, but something about the colours, the depth of field, it speaks strongly to me on some level.

Received from:

1. ABrosig
2. Big Ursus
3. COLSEBASTIANMORAN
4. Don Parsons
5. FDarnell
6. Papercut
7. Randolph45
8. analogangler
9. jkcampbell
10. jpressman
11. jweber3rd
12. krötenblender
13. kxl
14. largedrink
15. mothertrucker
16. motion_runner
17. pyeh
18. seakayaker1

Looking forward to #11 and pondering on what to send.

krötenblender
01-19-2019, 04:57
18 received here in London,

18?!?!
Man, that is a very bad quote. There are way too many lost this time. You should talk to your postman, if he maybe liked the postcards too much... ;)

krötenblender
01-19-2019, 05:05
Fixed my missing picture in post #211 (https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2846990&postcount=211)

There you can find the story about my postcard picture for this round, also.

randolph45
02-23-2019, 20:29
So 11 starts when?

krötenblender
03-03-2019, 10:50
So 11 starts when?

Yeah, it's already over six months since the last...

Anyone else interested? If I see a few hands up here, I will start and announce the next round next weekend.

fdarnell
03-03-2019, 12:30
Thank you for your kind words on "Ghostbuster's Ride". I just saw this today. I recently moved and all the cards from RFF Postcard #10 are in storage. I hope we have another one soon.

"Ghostbusters Ride" just arrived...a great card...mail man always discusses the cards.....had a tourist in from Germany who looked on and I brought out my envelope with this years cards....she wanted to know what it was all about...I explained and she thought it would be a great way for her social group to stay in contact by sending out cards to each other instead of just text messages.....maybe it will happen.......regards,Bill

fdarnell
03-03-2019, 12:35
Thanks so much!. I like to showcase the Post Office's artwork on stamps as well. There have been some good ones over the years. The only one I took issue with was the Jackson Pollack commemorative where they retouched out his cigarette!

"Ghostbuster's Ride" arrived yesterday with a fab commemorative stamp. Getting close to the end of this round? I have 27 including my own, looks like we had 30 addresses this time.

Best regards to all!

Godfrey
03-03-2019, 13:53
Yeah, it's already over six months since the last...

Anyone else interested? If I see a few hands up here, I will start and announce the next round next weekend.

Sure, I'm up for it.

G

zane0777
03-03-2019, 14:56
Yes, I'm in.

Jamie Pillers
03-03-2019, 15:16
Once a year is enough for me... I'll catch it next time. Thanks as always for bringing us together. :-)

bojanfurst
03-04-2019, 02:13
I skipped a few rounds, but would be interested in the next one.

B.

Don Parsons
03-04-2019, 05:42
I know this is the official sign-up but count me in as well.

rolfe
03-04-2019, 07:09
Count me in...

Rolfe

ninjin
03-04-2019, 07:17
I am in, if not just to evaluate the reliability of the UK mail system.

Red Rock Bill
03-04-2019, 07:52
I'd be happy to join in again.
regards,
Bill

Deardorff38
03-04-2019, 08:21
Please count me in. Silver gelatin for sure...maybe even Azo contact prints

rfaspen
03-04-2019, 09:27
This is an unacceptable count (18 cards!). You need to talk to someone about stolen/missing/?? mail. This should be truly disconcerting :mad:. What else is not making it to you??

I notice you didn't get my card (rfaspen/Jeff). Maybe I'll send it to you again during our next round -- I made extras for such contingencies.

18 received here in London, one thing that struck me is how often they are damaged in transit which is a bit sad. Hopefully all of mine made it since they were in envelopes that would take the worst of the beating going through the sorting machines.

Personal favourite at this point, “Beach Crab” by jweber3rd. I am usually not a macro fan, but something about the colours, the depth of field, it speaks strongly to me on some level.

Received from:

1. ABrosig
2. Big Ursus
3. COLSEBASTIANMORAN
4. Don Parsons
5. FDarnell
6. Papercut
7. Randolph45
8. analogangler
9. jkcampbell
10. jpressman
11. jweber3rd
12. krötenblender
13. kxl
14. largedrink
15. mothertrucker
16. motion_runner
17. pyeh
18. seakayaker1

Looking forward to #11 and pondering on what to send.