PDA

View Full Version : Film Counter SP-35

PietRoskam
02-06-2018, 11:13
Dear all, I searched the whole forum but nothing found, so here's my 1st post: Does anyone have any suggestions as my film counter on my Olympus 35-SP in not counting and it is not able to reset anymore?

Thanks a lot

Piet

dtcls100
02-06-2018, 11:40
Dear all, I searched the whole forum but nothing found, so here's my 1st post: Does anyone have any suggestions as my film counter on my Olympus 35-SP in not counting and it is not able to reset anymore?

Thanks a lot

Piet

You need to open the camera back. The upper edge of the camera back fits into a slot. In that slot, just below and a little bit to the right of the spot metering button, is a small pin/lever that resets the film counter when you open the camera back. Check to make sure that nothing is jamming the little pin/lever and that it depresses and pops out freely. Hope this helps.
Good luck.

nhchen
02-06-2018, 15:25
I would take the top cover off the camera to see what’s wrong. A spring could have come loose in the counter or maybe it’s gummed up.
Nathan

PietRoskam
02-08-2018, 10:48
Thanks a lot for your quick response, unfortunately it didn't help so I will check Nathan's suggestion but that takes some time and will be a nice weeknd job.