PDA

View Full Version : RFF Postcard Project #9

krötenblender
08-04-2017, 11:08
Hello again,

here we are again. Number 8 was fun and I received many great cards. And so can you, especially if you never took part the rounds before!

Number 9 already, wow! - Shall we name the next round "Type 240", or will it be 10?

However, first things first: If you don't know about the project, this is, what it's about: We collect participants, exchange our addresses (I will organize that), make postcards prints for all others in this round and send them. So everybody will get great cards from all over the world (ideally...) and have real prints instead of online-pics only.

Here is how it works (copied from last round and edited, so if you have a deja vu know, you did probably take part last time... :D):
Inventor Rob (rbiemer) laid out the basic rules which I will follow here and which are as follows:

RFF-PP is a picture postcard exchange. Every participant selects one of his photographs and makes postcards from it (make prints yourself, order postcards online - it is up to you. I always ordered online.), which are sent to each other participant of this round. Please choose only one picture (this is really the hard part!), so that every participant ends up with the same collection of picture postcards.

Organisation: To participate, please sent a mail to rff-at-mempool-dot-net (that's me) containing the following information:

Subject: RFF Postcard Project
Your Name
Your Address, as you would write it on a postcard to yourself from somewhere far away in the world (including line-breaks and country name, as this is an international project)
RFF User-Name

I promise, that all your data is only used for the purpose of this project and will never given away for anything else!

Timeframe: You can sent me your mails for participation until Saturday, September, 9., 2017, about six weeks from now on. After that, I close the list and sent every participant the complete list one day later. Then I give another six weeks to shoot/choose the picture, create the postcards and mail them. Meaning, please try to sent your postcards until mid of October, 2017, latest.

If I remember correctly, we had about 35-50 people each time, so this is what you can expect this time, too, I think.

I missed no round until now and I can promise you from looking at all the great cards of the previous rounds, that this is worth the effort! It's a treasure, so please participate! - RFF is a really great place for this type of projects.

Let's have some fun, start mailing!

Best regards,
Stephan

raid
08-04-2017, 11:32
I am on board.

krötenblender
08-04-2017, 11:36
I am on board.

That was quick! :)
Great to see you again in this round!

kdemas
08-04-2017, 12:52
I'll send my info tonight, in.

kxl
08-04-2017, 13:08
Haven't missed one yet. I'm in again and yes, I'd be more than happy to send the Avery label template with names to anyone who wants it.

And thanks Stephan for facilitating this again.

-Keith

Don Parsons
08-04-2017, 14:07
I'm in! Love getting postcards from all around the world.

Don

merciless49
08-04-2017, 14:26
Just sent in my info, joining this time after missing the last 2. Looking forward to it!

largedrink
08-05-2017, 04:02
I have just sent my info too, really enjoyed the last project (first time participating for me).

jkcampbell
08-05-2017, 05:20
Great project, I'm in!

ColSebastianMoran
08-05-2017, 06:00
Yes, count me in. Thanks, Stephan, for organizing again. Much appreciated!

krötenblender
08-05-2017, 10:09
Hello all,

this starts up really well! Thank you all so far.

Please, I'd like to remind you:

Add your Country to your Address!

About half of them until now haven't added the country. Not sure for all of them and better be sure than sorry, when postcards fail to reach you...

Best Regards,
Stephan

rolfe
08-05-2017, 10:09
I'm in again -- email sent!

Rolfe

Darshan
08-09-2017, 08:41
I am in, just sent an email.
Thanks for organizing, Stephan.

robert blu
08-09-2017, 09:22
If my friend Raid is on board I'll be as well...

robert

PS: I took part in all the RFF postcard projectstill now and it's always been a great experience. Because september/october will be a busy time it's possible my cards will arrive a little late, please forgive me in advance.

rfaspen
08-09-2017, 12:21
I'm in! Again.

My absolute favorite RFF activity. I missed the first few Postcard Projects because ....I didn't know about them yet.:mad:

But now that I do, I relish the whole process, and always look forward to the next project.

If you're an RFF member and haven't participated in a Postcard Project yet, I recommend it. You won't be disappointed.

I suppose its dangerous to encourage participation :rolleyes: We could end up with 200-300 people :eek: which would mean a lot of [international] stamps. I use an online service to print my postcards (I use VistaPrint) and order 50 cards (they offer discrete amounts: 25, 50, 100, etc.). Rather inexpensive. The stamps can add up in cost, depending on how many international stamps I have to buy. However, all the previous Projects have been quite affordable with no more than 45 participants. Definitely worth it!:D

d__b
08-09-2017, 12:27
I'd love to take part again. #8 was fantastic!

Would it be OK for a friend of mine to join, who's not a member of the forum but a very talented photographer in my eyes and keen on participating?

seakayaker1
08-10-2017, 19:34
I'd love to take part again. #8 was fantastic!

Would it be OK for a friend of mine to join, who's not a member of the forum but a very talented photographer in my eyes and keen on participating?

This has happened in the past and there was not a problem. In that case one member had a small number of students participate and worked out.

seakayaker1
08-10-2017, 19:36
BTW, I'm in.......

Have not missed one yet!

Thanks Stephan for stepping up once again.

raid
08-11-2017, 06:41
If my friend Raid is on board I'll be as well...

robert

PS: I took part in all the RFF postcard projectstill now and it's always been a great experience. Because september/october will be a busy time it's possible my cards will arrive a little late, please forgive me in advance.

Wonderful, Robert!
These card projects have become a "tradition", and the entire family looks out each day for the postman to bring us some cards.

dct
08-16-2017, 20:50
Nice to see #9: I'm in again after missing exactly the last one.
It was always a pleasure participating.

(written on mobile device)

Lughmatic
08-17-2017, 02:42
I hope there's enough room for a RFF newbie..I'm in, sending my data.
Thx for the coordination work!

robert blu
08-17-2017, 03:12
I hope there's enough room for a RFF newbie..I'm in, sending my data.
Thx for the coordination work!

Welcome to RFF and welcome to the postcard project! You'll enjoy it!
robert

krötenblender
08-17-2017, 06:55
Yes, of course, everyone is welcome.

This weekend I will post number of how many people joined so far, so you get an idea, how it is going.

Thank you all so far, really looking forward to the flood of postcards!

mothertrucker
08-17-2017, 07:48
In. First time participant!

rfaspen
08-17-2017, 09:43
Nice to have some first-timers this round!!

fdarnell
08-17-2017, 09:49
Count me in!

Red Rock Bill
08-17-2017, 09:52
I'm in....one of the best things going..regards,Bill

krötenblender
08-20-2017, 02:43
Hello RFF Postcard Friends,

this is, where we are as of today:

20 people joined so far, from USA (12), New Zealand (1), Italy (1), Germany (2), Spain (1), Switzerland (1) and two unknown (need to get this info, otherwise postcards will not arrive from other countries...).

Some people missed to either add their RFF Username (2) or their country (also 2, but not the same). I will try to get these infos when I send and check the final address list. Someone suggested to include the RFF-name in the address-list. I think, this is a good idea.

20 People so far, there is room for more of you! :)

Regards,
Stephan (krötenblender)

michaelwj
08-20-2017, 04:15
I'm in again, will send email tomorrow. I've really enjoyed all of the I've participated in so far.

raid
08-20-2017, 06:30
Stephan: You have the emails for the people who participated in the last RFF postcard project. How about emailing them one time only just to point to this thread? Maybe this thread is not seen well due to having so many threads at RFF?

Darshan
08-20-2017, 09:08
Agree with raid.
I have been a member for a few years but saw this project for the first time. I guess if the thread is not on the first page, it will get missed by most.

raid
08-20-2017, 09:15
It also works via word of mouth between RFF members who communicate with each other with email and private messages. Pass the word around.

krötenblender
08-20-2017, 10:08
Stephan: You have the emails for the people who participated in the last RFF postcard project. How about emailing them one time only just to point to this thread? Maybe this thread is not seen well due to having so many threads at RFF?

Hello Raid,

not a bad idea. To make the thread visible, I try to post something here regularly, so people notice on the front page.

I was reluctant to mail everybody, because I don't wan't to spam them...

22, by the way.

krötenblender
08-20-2017, 10:15
Just sent the mail. Sorry to all, who already joined. I was too lazy to sort them out of the list... :)

raid
08-20-2017, 10:16
This is why I wrote "email only once" :)
Nobody from that email list will view one brief email as SPAM, Stephan.
Blame me for it!

marcr1230
08-20-2017, 12:20
I'm in!
Love these projects

dfranklin
08-20-2017, 16:49
I've participated in the last three rounds, and loved each one, but with the arrival of a new baby expected very soon, I think I'll have to sit this one out. I have a negative picked out for wet printing, but right now I've got to concentrate on preparing for this other project. I plan to do PP10, though!

ColSebastianMoran
08-21-2017, 16:46
RFF Friends, another reminder that the Postcard exchange is running again. Sign up by Saturday Sept 9th. See info at top of this thread. Great fun.

paapoopa
08-21-2017, 18:50
Hi, will like to take part in this as a first timer as well,
heard of this the last round and patiently waiting for a new round.

motion_runner
08-22-2017, 11:19
Hi, will like to take part in this as a first timer as well,
heard of this the last round and patiently waiting for a new round.

I am looking forward to your postcard, Eddie. Great stuff in your Flickr stream.

Danke an Stephan für das Organisieren :)

paapoopa
08-22-2017, 21:11
I am looking forward to your postcard, Eddie. Great stuff in your Flickr stream.

Danke an Stephan für das Organisieren :)

thanks Frank. I am hoping I can find sometime to do wet print for this

Save

randolph45
08-22-2017, 21:58
Here we go again,I'm in.

Don Parsons
08-31-2017, 14:49
Apologies to all, I'll be late getting mine out. I'm going to Paris for a month tomorrow.
Anyone know of any photo opportunities there?

;-)

Big Ursus
08-31-2017, 21:19
Hi Robert,
I literally just finished a personal post card project - so, why stop now!
I've sent my info, and thanks very much

krötenblender
09-01-2017, 11:25
Hello all,

here's the update: We are now 30 people.

There is still room for more!

We want your postcard! :D

Some stats for you (Countries):
??? = 2
Australia = 1
Germany = 2
Italy = 1
NEW ZEALAND = 1
Singapore = 1
Slovakia = 1
Spain = 1
Switzerland = 1
USA = 17

raid
09-01-2017, 13:23
Apologies to all, I'll be late getting mine out. I'm going to Paris for a month tomorrow.
Anyone know of any photo opportunities there?

;-)

You could meet up with some RFF members there.

d__b
09-03-2017, 14:24
Hello all,

here's the update: We are now 30 people.

??? = 2
Australia = 1
Germany = 2
Italy = 1
NEW ZEALAND = 1
Singapore = 1
Slovakia = 1
Spain = 1
Switzerland = 1
USA = 17

Did you get my email with 2 New Zealand addresses? We would love to participate :)

krötenblender
09-06-2017, 11:41
Hello all,

two more participants from New Zealand, great! We are now 32 people.

??? = 2
Australia = 1
Germany = 2
Italy = 1
New Zealand = 3
Singapore = 1
Slovakia = 1
Spain = 1
Switzerland = 1
USA = 17

raid
09-06-2017, 11:53
How will we send cards to country=?? ?

krötenblender
09-06-2017, 11:56
How will we send cards to country=?? ?

It's the unknown land... ;)

When I send the address list to all participants, I will mark those entries with incomplete info and ask all of you to check their information. I hope, missing parts will then quickly completed.

Stephan

raid
09-06-2017, 11:58
The Unknown Land! I like it. :)

Big Ursus
09-07-2017, 21:02
Did you get the email with my information? I also answered your question about my user name, when you sent me a message about it. If you did receive those email, please let me. I'd love to be the Canuck in the group.

igzabeher
09-09-2017, 15:27
I missed the last round, but I'm in for this one.

randolph45
09-09-2017, 20:27
The Unknown Land! I like it. :)

We could use" The undiscovered country" from Star trek VII

krötenblender
09-10-2017, 00:10
We could use" The undiscovered country" from Star trek VII

Where no photographer has gone before.

krötenblender
09-10-2017, 11:45
Hello all,

we are now 34 participants. I will sent the address-list tomorrow.

Please check your data carefully. Be aware, that this is an international project, you need to provide your country!

I will wait a few days for any corrections and then send the final list to all.

There is one additional problem: There were two email-addresses, that didn't work. At least one, because their provider blocks parts of my providers address-range and rejects mail from my mail-server. - So, if you did sent me a mail, but did not get a reply until now, look into your RFF mailbox, and if there isn't anything either, please send me a message via RFF. I will try my best.

So far: thank you all for joining. I'm really looking forward to all your postcards! - If I only knew, what to choose...

Stephan

krötenblender
09-11-2017, 11:01
Hello all,

we are ready...
As you can read this, I just sent a mail to all participants using a mail-alias, that we can use for further communication by mail. The mail contains the first version of the address-list.

Please check your data and mail me, if anything is wrong.

If you didn't receive a mail, and I did not contact you by RFF-message and your spam-folder is empty (at least one receivers spam-filter did catch me), please send me a mail, so we can somehow work out the address exchange (I have several cloud-services, so I can upload stuff).

Oh boy, 34 addresses, 9th round already! Everybody should get 33 postcards in the end. Really excited!

Big Ursus
09-11-2017, 23:22
Great work, krötenblender (https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=40206),
BTW, are people sending 34 copies of the same card?

krötenblender
09-11-2017, 23:29
Great work, krötenblender (https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=40206),
BTW, are people sending 34 copies of the same card?

Yes, no... How do you say "yes" and "no" in one word in english? We have "jain" in German... :rolleyes:

Copies of the same card, yes, but only 33, as we are 34 participants, and you probably do not want to send a card to yourself. :D

Big Ursus
09-12-2017, 22:46
Great - is the list closed? Should I start printing?

krötenblender
09-12-2017, 22:51
You can start printing, the number of participants is now fixed. However, we have already a few corrections to the addresse-list. I will send the final list on Friday or Saturday.

Lughmatic
09-13-2017, 01:55
Thnaks for all the work krötenblender, this weekend I'll get into my darkroom to make 4-5 final size prints of my choosen photos to select the winner and start making some nice FB prints :)

paapoopa
09-13-2017, 02:00
Thnaks for all the work krötenblender, this weekend I'll get into my darkroom to make 4-5 final size prints of my choosen photos to select the winner and start making some nice FB prints :)

FB prints , Love it !

Save

raid
09-13-2017, 07:42
You can start printing, the number of participants is now fixed. However, we have already a few corrections to the addresse-list. I will send the final list on Friday or Saturday.

Thank you very much. I will soon pick a photo out for this project. :cool:

krötenblender
09-17-2017, 01:51
Hello all,

I just sent the final address list. If anyone did not receive the list, please contact me. I think, I have considered all mail-address changes, but one never knows...

No, if you like, you can start shooting, selecting pictures or printing. I'm still contemplating about a few candidates... ;)

According to the timeline in the first post, try to send your postcards until mid of October. Now weeks of fun and excitement about new postcards in the mailboxes can start!

Thank you all again,
Stephan

kxl
09-17-2017, 20:19
Thanks Stephan. I just replied to your email and attached an MS Word template for Avery 5160 labels complete with everyone's addresses. Please forward to everyone.

Thanks,
Keith

mothertrucker
09-20-2017, 15:15
Thanks for setting up the exchange Stephan! I dropped 33 postcards printed in my basement at the post office just a half hour ago.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone's cards.

raid
09-20-2017, 16:29
I need to first pick a suitable image for my postcard. Hopefully, I get it done this weekend.

robert blu
09-21-2017, 02:00
I'm afraid I'll be late this round die to some traveling...but i'll try to prepare a special card for everyone!
robert

krötenblender
09-21-2017, 22:28
Hello all,

I'm very sorry and I have to apologize to you all. I somehow missed two people in the address list. I can't explain, because this should simply not happen.

I will send a new list this morning (in Germany it still early in the morning) and put the two addresses to the top of the list.

I'm very sorry for my mistake. I hope, it doesn't create too much inconvenience to all of you.

Stephan

krötenblender
09-21-2017, 23:05
Hello again,

since I messed it up, here are some additional infos and stats:

We are now 36 participants, so everybody has to sent 35 postcards (and should receive as many, ideally...), with the same picture.

Here are Country-stats:
Australia = 2
Canada = 1
Germany = 2
Italy = 2
New Zealand = 3
Singapore = 1
Slovakia = 1
Spain = 1
Switzerland = 1
USA = 22

Big Ursus
09-22-2017, 02:13
No sweat! krötenblender (https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=40206), thanks again for putting this together.

randolph45
09-22-2017, 22:31
We are now 36 participants, so everybody has to sent 35 postcards (and should receive as many, ideally...), with the same picture.

So I wait for the first postcard and than make 35 copies of that one and send them out:eek:

Just Kidding:bang:

krötenblender
09-22-2017, 23:44
So I wait for the first postcard and than make 35 copies of that one and send them out:eek:

Correct, we will dedicate this round to Andy Warhol then. :D

mbf4755
09-23-2017, 08:35
I received my first postcard yesterday, from a fellow Illinoisan- Brian from Peoria. Very nice!

I got on my horse and ordered my postcards this morning.

Matt

krötenblender
09-26-2017, 10:09
Got my first postcard today from mothertrucker! That was quick! - Thank you, I love that phase of a project, where I everyday walk to the mailbox in anticipation.

Lughmatic
09-27-2017, 06:26
Just received my first couple of postcards! this is exciting, I'm almost nervous when arriving to home from work and the time of looking into the mailbox comes :)
I've also discovered Ilford made photo paper with postcard format included in the reverse (10x15)... to late for this round.
I've a question as a Postcard project newbie.... Are you all going to send them without the envelope? as a classic postcard? for me it's great, but I'm worried about my fiber prints to arrive scratched or so.... (first two I've received went perfectly fine, and I love the detail of having the photo itself with the stamp, handwriting etc...)

P.D: This Saturday I'll end my second and last round of copies (FB get lots of time to wash, dry, etc..) and will send them on Monday!!

krötenblender
09-27-2017, 10:36
I've a question as a Postcard project newbie.... Are you all going to send them without the envelope? as a classic postcard? for me it's great, but I'm worried about my fiber prints to arrive scratched or so.... (first two I've received went perfectly fine, and I love the detail of having the photo itself with the stamp, handwriting etc...)

Some sent their cards in an envelope in the last rounds, but most arrived as normal postcards. I wouldn't worry. Yes, they get scratches and marks, but that makes them unique in their own way. You can see the traces of a long journey to its receiver. I actually like that.

rolfe
09-27-2017, 10:42
Some sent their cards in an envelope in the last rounds, but most arrived as normal postcards. I wouldn't worry. Yes, they get scratches and marks, but that makes them unique in their own way. You can see the traces of a long journey to its receiver. I actually like that.

I agree -- it adds to the analog experience :-).

Rolfe

krötenblender
09-27-2017, 10:57
I agree -- it adds to the analog experience :-)

Yeah, we'd like the Lanny Kravitz Postcard Edition, please. :D

mbf4755
09-28-2017, 17:06
I just dropped my cards off at the post office.

The color and trimming from Vistaprint weren't what I was hoping for, but they are fine for 42˘ each. They aren't prints for a gallery showing.

This is a very fun project! Thanks for putting it together, Stephan, and thanks to everyone else for sharing your postcards!

Darshan
09-28-2017, 17:33
I received my first postcard yesterday, a beautiful photo with a total solar eclipse stamp and a hand written note on the back...I feel like I am living in the 90's again - it's so exciting! :)

randolph45
09-30-2017, 13:43
Looks like I will be last sender again.:eek:

krötenblender
09-30-2017, 13:48

Stretching the period of receiving postcards a little bit is not a bad thing. ;)

Don Parsons
10-01-2017, 04:00
I just got back from France so I have to order mine yet.

Going to try and do it today.

don

paapoopa
10-01-2017, 04:55

don't worry , it will take me a while too to hand print so many postcards.

krötenblender
10-01-2017, 06:43
I'm lazy, using MOO... They did well the other rounds, and the postcards are already shipped. So I hope to send them until end of the coming week.

Big Ursus
10-01-2017, 10:12
I mailed mine in three groups; the first went out about 10 days ago, the next last week, and the final one on Monday. Now, I’m just waiting for the wonder!

Lughmatic
10-02-2017, 00:39
I left my last bach of copies drying last night, I'm going to iron them this afternoon and probably do the handwritting too to be ready to mail them on Tuesday.
I hope they'll arrive OK without stains, it's the first time I've had to process fiber copies in 10+ groups so washing has been tricky.

Cheers!

seakayaker1
10-02-2017, 15:33
I received my postcards from MOO in the mail this afternoon. I will attempt to get them all addressed and in the mail by this coming Saturday.

So far I have received three cards from Zane, Matt & Brian! This leaves another thirty-three to be coming in the future (of course one is mine) to my mailbox. Love the post card projects......

rfaspen
10-02-2017, 15:54
Oh ****! I might be the last sender this time. Fell seriously ill, but I'm back!

I'll try to make it worth it.....a truly amazing image. (for me)

rolfe
10-03-2017, 12:00
I just mailed mine today. I was pretty pleased with the job printplace.com did, for the second time in a row.

Rolfe

seakayaker1
10-04-2017, 22:04
I was abe to get the cards addressed and get to the post office for stamps and they are on their way.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's postcards!

Darshan
10-05-2017, 17:15
Got 2 more cards today, what a wonderful project this is.
Btw, I am still waiting for my cards to come, so hang on folks.

ColSebastianMoran
10-05-2017, 19:44
This is the exciting part... New arrivals, the buzz of getting your own out. Good fun!

michaelwj
10-06-2017, 17:38
Two card have made their way down to Australia already. Quite a surprise, I wasn't expecting anything so soon!

I'm planning something a bit different this round, if it works I'll post mine out by the end of October, if not...

merciless49
10-06-2017, 17:39
I'll be ordering mine this weekend, so apologies for being a late sender again...having a 1 year old sure sucks up a lot of my free time! Lovely cards in the mail.

krötenblender
10-08-2017, 11:30
Hello there!

I had a packed week(end), so I had no chance to finish my postcards. The cards arrived on Friday from Moo and I will send them before end of the new week, so I will be just in time...

I got six great postcards so far and the days really start to be exiting, when coming home and looking into the mailbox.

Until now: 3 colour, and 3 BW with a clear bias towards Leica (3 of six).

Regards,
Stephan

mothertrucker
10-10-2017, 05:24
Just got back from two weeks of vacation, with a nagging feeling of guilt that I had 2 cards left to print and mail out.

That's now been addressed - David and Lara, postcards coming your way!!

The post office will be delivering all my held mail today, so looking forward to seeing what is waiting for me.

ColSebastianMoran
10-13-2017, 11:51
Arriving daily. Terrific stuff. Thanks all for participating. Looking forward to the rest.

robert blu
10-13-2017, 12:35
First batch 20 cards already sent, the last batch within next week!
Already received many very good cards! Great fun!
rober

paapoopa
10-13-2017, 18:27
this should come to you very soon, when i find time to visit the post office.
hand printing all 36 copies in ilford art 300 paper, took me quite some time in the darkroom though.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4472/37650283982_b951e52dfa_z.jpgSave
Save
Save

Darshan
10-13-2017, 18:30
Hi guys,

I sent out my cards a few days ago and some of you may have already received them. Rick (ColSebastianMoran) received his but it had no address! I glued address stickers with hand and even though I didn't think they could come off one obviously did. Anyway, people in the US must me getting my postcard within the next few days and if you don't receive it, please let me know and I will send another one, I have extras. Thanks and sorry for the trouble. Meanwhile, keep the goodies coming.

Darshan

Darshan
10-13-2017, 18:31
Can't wait..:angel:

hand printing all 36 copies in ilford art 300 paper, took me quite some time in the darkroom though.

Save
Save

dfranklin
10-13-2017, 18:59
Oh man, I am sorry to have missed this round! Next time...

Save
Save

kxl
10-13-2017, 21:03

Save
Save

NICE!

(ten characters)

krötenblender
10-14-2017, 01:52

I don't look at them! I don't look at them! I don't look at them! I don't look at them...! Do not want to spoil me...

Ah, darn, now I looked... Can't wait!

krötenblender
10-14-2017, 01:55
Hi guys,

I sent out my cards a few days ago and some of you may have already received them.

I just dropped mine off at the post office, so just in time for mid of October... phew. I wrote by hand this time (sorry for my bad hand writing, not used to it anymore...), and at the end I had the feeling, that my hand is about to fall off the next moment...

Addresses are printed. though, to make sure, the post service can read them... :o

rfaspen
10-14-2017, 17:47
Mine are out too. Dropped them off yesterday at the Post.

So far, I think I've received about 6 postcards. I love it!

mothertrucker
10-15-2017, 06:02
I love Ilford Art 300 - gets very curly though! How have you managed to keep the curl under control?

paapoopa
10-15-2017, 22:54
I love Ilford Art 300 - gets very curly though! How have you managed to keep the curl under control?

i usually lay them flat to dry than put under heavy weight for a couple of days after it drys.
to be honest i find ilford art 300 curl very manageable as compare to the fiber base papers which is also why i prefer to use them nowadays.

Don Parsons
10-16-2017, 03:07
I received my cards Friday and addressed them yesterday. Hopefully, they'll go out in the mail tomorrow.

Red Rock Bill
10-16-2017, 12:38
Hi all,11 cards so far...I printed yesterday,addressed and stamped today so they should be on the road tomorrow......always a treat receiving cards...

regards,
Bill

krötenblender
10-17-2017, 10:22
Also 11 cards here already. Two today with great stuff.Looking forward each day to open the mailbox, when I come home.

Forgive me, but I can't read one of the senders name. Who was it with "Bales in a Row"? Thanks...

mbf4755
10-17-2017, 11:05
I received my first postcard yesterday, a beautiful photo with a total solar eclipse stamp and a hand written note on the back...I feel like I am living in the 90's again - it's so exciting! :)

In case some don't know, the total eclipse stamps Brian used are printed with thermochromic ink. The total eclipse image becomes a full moon image if you place your thumb on the stamp to warm it. Pretty cool!

mothertrucker
10-17-2017, 21:34
In case some don't know, the total eclipse stamps Brian used are printed with thermochromic ink. The total eclipse image becomes a full moon image if you place your thumb on the stamp to warm it. Pretty cool!

Hey I didn't even know that! Cool!

ABrosig
10-18-2017, 10:22
Also 11 cards here already. Two today with great stuff.Looking forward each day to open the mailbox, when I come home.

Forgive me, but I can't read one of the senders name. Who was it with "Bales in a Row"? Thanks...

That was me, Andrew Brosig

Card #13 arrived today, Tokyo street scene - Loving this again this round as always. And the ladies in my office go googly-eyed as each card arrives.

Don Parsons
10-22-2017, 08:15
Hey guys,

My wife sent my cards out Tuesday. If anyone fails to receive a card, please pm me and I'll send you another one.

I just got back in town Friday and am enjoying all the cards.

Don

cfritze
10-24-2017, 10:52
Mailed mine today!

Big Ursus
10-29-2017, 20:41
Beautiful, subtle tones, Pavel.
What in the world is Orbium City, Brian?
An extraordinary being, Zane.
Marvellous environmental street portrait, Rolfe.
Beautiful picture of a beautiful place, Colonel.
Love the lion, Matt.
Terrific eclipse photos, John.
Super slice of Seattle, Dan Seakayaker

Wonderful shades of red from Minneapolis – sorry I couldn’t make out your name

Yes, Jeff, there’s lots of Rodeo here. C’mon up to the Calgary Stampede

Great landscape rendering from Nebraska – and sorry, I also
couldn’t make out your name

David, I enjoyed your streetscape very much.

Stephan, the women in my postcard looked so marvellously weird that I never got around to asking what they were up to. Thanks again for organising this! :cool:

Remarkable infrared inlet, Keith
Darshan, I enjoyed your photo of that trainer very much.
Hugh, the environmental portrait you sent was terrific.
Lovely picture of those Louvre buskers, Oum
Remarkable, ironic billboard, Red Rock Bill

Darshan
11-01-2017, 12:21
One of my cards that I addressed to John returned to be, address sticker unfortunately gone. I can't figure out if it was for John Campbell or John Weber. Can one of you please respond if you did or did not get my postcard? I will mail out another one. Thank you.

mothertrucker
11-02-2017, 09:54
What in the world is Orbium City, Brian?

Well, I just got that Kodak 118, and Ferrania P30 in the mail, so of course I had to test them both at the same time on a trip to the City Museum in St. Louis, which is an insane, sprawling sculptural playground built into an old warehouse in downtown St. Louis, filled with 10 story spiral slides, airplanes, and an intense collection of old metal things welded together.

Not sure what it came off of but there was a large metallic reflector with a ring of lights. One of the reasons I got the 118 was for an easy way to make double exposures. And because I need more cameras with nickel plating in my life.

The title came from Nicolai Copernicus as a play on his theory of heliocentrism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_revolutionibus_orbium_coelestium

jnalepa
11-02-2017, 11:22
Damn, sad to have missed this round. Will have to try harder to keep an eye out for the next one. Enjoy the cards!

krötenblender
11-02-2017, 20:35
You can subscribe to this thread, to not miss the next round...

Big Ursus
11-02-2017, 22:06
Well, I just got that Kodak 118, and Ferrania P30 in the mail, so of course I had to test them both at the same time on a trip to the City Museum in St. Louis, which is an insane, sprawling sculptural playground built into an old warehouse in downtown St. Louis, filled with 10 story spiral slides, airplanes, and an intense collection of old metal things welded together.

Not sure what it came off of but there was a large metallic reflector with a ring of lights. One of the reasons I got the 118 was for an easy way to make double exposures. And because I need more cameras with nickel plating in my life.

The title came from Nicolai Copernicus as a play on his theory of heliocentrism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_revolutionibus_orbium_coelestium

Thanks, very much - I wish I'd seen that place!

raid
11-03-2017, 07:15
I have the cards from MOO, and today I will send off all cards via post. Sorry for the delay, but I could not find any free time to get it all done earlier.

dct
11-06-2017, 23:59
Dear all,
I'm also late. Sorry for this.

Awaiting these days the delivery from MOO and will send out then my cards as soon as possible.
Thank you all for the cards I already got: It is as usual fascinating how different we look at subjects and choose them for a postcard.

Valentino

raid
11-07-2017, 12:43
Has anyone received a card from me so far this month?

merciless49
11-07-2017, 13:07
Sadly, I also am supremely late. I'll make it up, though, by getting the cards printed while I'm in Taiwan and having it sent from there. My apologies!

Big Ursus
11-08-2017, 00:51
Sadly, I also am supremely late. I'll make it up, though, by getting the cards printed while I'm in Taiwan and having it sent from there. My apologies!

Hi merciless,
The card I mailed you was returned as "undeliverable to the address." I'll check and try again.

krötenblender
11-08-2017, 10:20

Hello Raid,

just today your card arrived together with one from Singapur. Both great cards! Thank you Raid and Eddy.

Some other cards also arrived, but I was so busy lately, that I did not thank you all enough, and had no time to post a list with some statistics. But I will do this in the next time.

So far, it's a great round as always and I got some really interesting images!

randolph45
11-08-2017, 14:07
Sent my order to MOO yesterday,should be here on the 21st or earlier as is the case with MOO most of the time. Will be in the mail by Thanksgiving or sooner.:)

raid
11-08-2017, 14:54
Hello Raid,

just today your card arrived together with one from Singapur. Both great cards! Thank you Raid and Eddy.

Some other cards also arrived, but I was so busy lately, that I did not thank you all enough, and had no time to post a list with some statistics. But I will do this in the next time.

Thank you! Now I know that my cards are being sent out.

paapoopa
11-08-2017, 23:09
Hello Raid,

no worries, i hope you like that, i still have a bunch that i have yet to send out as well. will try to get that out soonest.

Big Ursus
11-11-2017, 21:35
Thanks your picture from The Jagiellonian University, Frank
Super ceiling, Christian

Big Ursus
11-17-2017, 01:48
Hi Laba, well, it's -13°C outside right now, but it will be +2 tomorrow! Thanks for the tower.

Hi Raid, I certainly appreciate looking at that Florida beach.

Robert, It's been way too long since I cycled in Alberta's mountains. Thanks for reminding me how great it feels at the summit.

dct
11-19-2017, 01:26
Coming back from a business trip, my cards were delivered in the post box. And of course again a few of yours!
Now it's time to take the address list and write off the whole pile.
Have a nice Sunday.

mothertrucker
11-19-2017, 07:15
A lot of great cards showing up in my mail weekly. Definitely one of my favorite photo projects this year!

randolph45
11-19-2017, 14:05
Moo delivered Saturday so in the mail Monday or Tuesday
All sent out today

Lughmatic
11-23-2017, 23:40
Hello all,

I sent my cards weeks ago, but yesterday I went to another post office (same national post service) and when trying to sent a postcard same size/weight as yours, the public worker weighted the card and told me that it exceeded the maximum weight for a tradition al postcard and I should change the stamp value. I told him that I sent tens of postcards, same size same weight and nobody complains.... I was warned about the fact that the postcards could have been discarded in the "automated processing chain"... therefore my level of anger raises over my limits...

Could anyone confirm if you've received a postcard from Spain?

Thanks in advance.

P.D: I've a draft to reply and thank you everyone, lovely postcards and comments.

krötenblender
11-24-2017, 12:52
Could anyone confirm if you've received a postcard from Spain?

Thanks in advance.

What a pity... Just checked all my cards, to be sure, but yours is not among them. Not sure, though, how long it usually takes from Spain to Germany.

Sorry...

Darshan
11-24-2017, 13:27
So far, I have received 22 cards, thanks to all, it's great to see everyone's photographs.

@Lughmatic: Sadly, I have not received your card, surprising the post-office didn't alert you when you went to mail the first batch.

@Raid: received your warm and colorful beach photo :)

@paapoopa: I don't think I have received your hand printed photo yet :mad:

I hope everyone received my card, please let me know if you haven't as I have extra and can send them.

Thanks,
Darshan

rfaspen
11-24-2017, 14:08
The last card I received was from Australia. Before that, one from Singapore.

Just checked and no cards from Espana yet. Sorry Victor.

I'm up to 24 cards received. I have 36 names on my address list (including me). So that means 11 more cards may still yet arrive? Nice!

paapoopa
11-24-2017, 21:43
So far, I have received 22 cards, thanks to all, it's great to see everyone's photographs.

@Lughmatic: Sadly, I have not received your card, surprising the post-office didn't alert you when you went to mail the first batch.

@Raid: received your warm and colorful beach photo :)

@paapoopa: I don't think I have received your hand printed photo yet :mad:

I hope everyone received my card, please let me know if you haven't as I have extra and can send them.

Thanks,
Darshan

sorry for the delay,
i have a bunch that i have yet to send out. been pretty tie up for the last few weeks. will find time to go to the post office soon.

krötenblender
11-24-2017, 22:18
25 cards for me so far.
Tha card from Singapore arrived already, it's worth the waiting. Great picture and a really nice print.

Also thank you very much to all others. I really enjoyed all your cards so far.

igzabeher
11-27-2017, 15:08
My apologies for bringing up the rear of the stragglers brigade. Cards are now out in the mail and should be arriving in mailboxes by week's end.

I'm up to 19 cards, which is no surprise as my carrier is known to "eat" my mail on occasion. Enjoying what I've got and looking forward to receiving the rest.

raid
11-27-2017, 15:36
I am now at 25 cards. Thank you very much.

michaelwj
11-27-2017, 19:40
I went to the post office today to post mine, but their system was down. Tomorrow.
And my dog ate my homework :)

571514m3
11-27-2017, 23:05

I am so looking forward to what came of this. Brilliant!

571514m3
11-27-2017, 23:08
I went to the post office today to post mine, but their system was down. Tomorrow.
And my dog ate my homework :)

You are way ahead of me! I moved from Europe back home to the Victorian goldfields in Australia. I am testing my printing set-up and have done a couple of sample cards. My goal is to mail then in the coming two weeks.

The cards I have received to date are wonderful, one and all. More comments to come...

571514m3
11-27-2017, 23:10

I received it yesterday! Wonderful and perfectly intact ;)

winzenbourg
11-27-2017, 23:12
I'm normally on top of things in the exchange, but I wasn't able to get mine sent out before I took off for a few months of cycling in the Balkans and Middle East. I'll send a belated postcard with some new work from this region when I'm back next year!

Darshan
11-30-2017, 15:58
sorry for the delay,
i have a bunch that i have yet to send out. been pretty tie up for the last few weeks. will find time to go to the post office soon.

No worries.
I would hate to have missed it due to some crazy postal error.

Received 4 more awesome cards over the past few days :)

paapoopa
11-30-2017, 16:07
I'm normally on top of things in the exchange, but I wasn't able to get mine sent out before I took off for a few months of cycling in the Balkans and Middle East. I'll send a belated postcard with some new work from this region when I'm back next year!

that sounds like a pretty amazing trip, cant wait to see some pictures when you got back.

raid
11-30-2017, 18:06
I received it yesterday! Wonderful and perfectly intact ;)

Thank you :)

robert blu
12-29-2017, 03:03
I received today a beautiful card from Valentino! Great Surprise!
robert

Big Ursus
01-20-2018, 21:36
Hi Folks,
I just discovered I’ve been the victim of mail theft. :bang:
A few days ago, neighbors found some things addressed to me, so here are my acknowledgements of what I assume are the last cards I’ll receive in project #9.

Hi Reggie, I loved your Viennese hot dog stand. Great night shot.

Hi Randy, thanks for your marvellous waterfowl in the sunset. BTW, since I don’t know the date of the Day of the Dead, I’m not sure whether my masked ladies in white were celebrating it. Interesting guess though.

Hi Velen, thank you for the striking statue. Good guess about the masked ladies in white and Mardi Gras. I sort of like not knowing why they were promenading on the steps of Alberta’s Provincial Legislature.

Hi Michael, our national mail service gave your Mountains #1 special treatment. Here’s what some one in Canada Post wrote on the transparent bag he or she put it in: “Love this – Bagged to Protect – Not Damaged – Stunningly beautiful art work!” :D

robert blu
01-21-2018, 02:54
Thanks Big Ursus for reminding us of this project. In all our previous rounds when we supposed all the cards had arrived it was tradition the participants post the photo of their card with the story behind it, which is another interesting part of the project.

I start with mine and hope to read others stories.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3692/med_U3692I1516534638.SEQ.0.jpg

Last summer with my wife and a couple of friends we took a drive in the near Switzerland and drove through 3 alpine passes, of course by car. Roads are very panoramic and we found many cyclist doing the same itinerary despite the heavy rise.

I wanted to celebrate their strength, their willpower, their tenacity with this photo. And of course the beautiful panorama.

Taken with Leica M10 and 35 cron, post processed with LR CC and SEP.

Please post stories behind your cards!

robert

robert blu
01-23-2018, 10:58
Bump! Nobody else desiring to share the story behind his postcard?
robert

krötenblender
01-23-2018, 11:01
I do. Just busy during the week...

rfaspen
01-23-2018, 11:36
Thanks for the prompt. I also need to sit down when I have time. I also need to see how many cards I've received. I have a feeling some got lost in transit.

Big Ursus
01-24-2018, 01:54
I'd love to, but I still haven't managed to post a photo to RFF - not for lack of searching the thread on how to do that. I can't post if I don't have a Flicker account - is that right?

krötenblender
01-24-2018, 07:55
Nope, you don't need a Flickr-Account.

If you post via Web-Browser, you can find a button below the text- and smiley-area labeled "Manage Attachments", click it.

A Window should open (if you have configured your browser so that it is allowed to open windows), where you can select either files or web-addresses of an image file. - In the attachment below, all text is in German, because I have a German Browser. Your file must not be larger than 500x500 pixels, so you might need to scale it down with some software, and the filesize must not exceed 500kb, format either jpg or png. After selecting such a file, press "upload" and "Close Window". Now your post should have the image attached. You can check that via "Preview Post" below the text edit area.

zane0777
01-24-2018, 09:41
Taken on a warm summer day, the dragonfly was clinging to a wood fence and very nearly dead. This allowed me to get very close with a modest camera (Canon A460) and take a few photos in macro mode. I went to get a better camera but when I returned it was gone.

michaelwj
01-25-2018, 14:28
This round my postcard was inspired by Roberts Wabi Sabi postcard last round (https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2732646&postcount=180). Also, I wanted to make something that wasn't just printed from Moo or similar (nothing against that, I've just done it a few times already).

So, since I don't have a darkroom or any experience using one, my printed methods were somewhat limited. In the end I decided to make some cyanotypes from a 6x6 negative.

The photos (there were two similar ones to speed up the printing) were taken at Springbrook National Park in South East Queensland Australia the morning after I'd finished a 50km trail running race. The race ended close to where the photo was taken and started on the other side of the furthest mountain in the image. I used a borrowed Yashica Mat 124G and some expired FP4+ developed in R09.

The photos were printed over two afternoons after coating the paper in the morning. Exposure times were changing as the sun was setting, so some of you got a print exposed for the shadows, others for the highlights. Here they all are dying, and a close up of the two different prints.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/55701/U55701I1516922331.SEQ.0.jpg

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/55701/U55701I1516922334.SEQ.1.jpg

If anyone didn't get one of mine yet, I might have a few more floating around I can send.

lynnb
01-25-2018, 16:23
This round my postcard was inspired by Roberts Wabi Sabi postcard last round (https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2732646&postcount=180). Also, I wanted to make something that wasn't just printed from Moo or similar (nothing against that, I've just done it a few times already).

So, since I don't have a darkroom or any experience using one, my printed methods were somewhat limited. In the end I decided to make some cyanotypes from a 6x6 negative.

The photos (there were two similar ones to speed up the printing) were taken at Springbrook National Park in South East Queensland Australia the morning after I'd finished a 50km trail running race. The race ended close to where the photo was taken and started on the other side of the furthest mountain in the image. I used a borrowed Yashica Mat 124G and some expired FP4+ developed in R09.

The photos were printed over two afternoons after coating the paper in the morning. Exposure times were changing as the sun was setting, so some of you got a print exposed for the shadows, others for the highlights. Here they all are dying, and a close up of the two different prints.

If anyone didn't get one of mine yet, I might have a few more floating around I can send.
These caught my eye in the RFF Gallery and thought I might find an explanation here. They look great Michael. I like the photo of all the prints together - the thought occurred to me that if you were to frame them all together like this (perhaps evenly spaced) it would be something I'd expect to see in a gallery. Really nice work.

ColSebastianMoran
01-26-2018, 04:13

I thought your card was very nice, interesting, stimulating. Thanks!

ColSebastianMoran
01-26-2018, 04:27
I'll confess my postcard had two purposes.

http://2under.net/images/160827-EastmanLake-DJI_0071-Scr.jpeg

I have a house on this beautiful lake. It's Eastman Lake in Grantham NH (http://www.eastmannh.org). We have environmental agreements around the lake to keep it looking pristine. My house is at the lower right corner of the image, and there are homes most everywhere around the shoreline.

Photo was made with a DJI Phantom 3 4K -- Makes 4K video and 12MPx stills, with a very good camera stabilizer. This shot late on a summer afternoon. A bit of post to bring out the warm sky.

Printed 4x6 for the postcard, but I prefer this aspect ratio, 2:1.

Purposes? This postcard round, and to promote our community up here. Give-away at the community center, "Take one, send one."

Thanks all who participated and organized... This postcard round was great fun.

rolfe
01-26-2018, 07:57
I'm spending less and less time in NYC since I retired a couple of years ago and closed my television production company. But when I am there, I usually wander over to Washington Square Park near NYU as there is usually something interesting going on there. There is a group of permanent chess tables that are always in use during the summer and well into the winter months. The characters who inhabit them are always up for a game -- for a price. This photo was taken just after a short summer rain shower, but that wasn't enough to dislodge this regular. Leica M3, 50mm Summicron, Tri-X.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4404/36325801546_62e1e8a6ca_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XkZeed)
Waiting for a Game (https://flic.kr/p/XkZeed) by Rolfe Tessem (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rolfe_tessem/), on Flickr

Don Parsons
01-26-2018, 08:13
I had just been to the Louvre when I walked thru the archway on my way back to the Metro Station. These two were busking, playing classical music. I stopped and listened for a while whe a 6 year old girl put a few coins in their case. They started playing the theme from "Beauty and the Beast". The little girl started dancing and when they finished, we all applauded.

https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106607&d=1507474965

Big Ursus
02-06-2018, 23:56
Hi krötenblender, and thanks very much, but I have a question.

You wrote: " If you post via Web-Browser, you can find a button below the text- and smiley-area labeled "Manage Attachments", click it."

Can you tell me how to post via Web-Browser? I'd appreciate that very much.

Big Ursus
02-11-2018, 22:16
Chriscrawfordphoto just answered my question about how to post photographs from my hard drive!

So, here are the masked ladies on the steps of Alberta's Provincial Legislature. They might be celebrating the Day of the Dead - but I was too astonished to ask!

robert blu
02-12-2018, 02:25
Hi Big Ursus, it's a really "surprising" photo. Great!
When we received the photo my wife found it astonishing! Thanks for posting about it, I hope other participants will be encouraged to share their stories :-)
robert

raid
02-12-2018, 06:58
Polaroid Land 250 (Destin Beach, Florida).
A blurry photo that somehow made me choose it for a postcard.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3565/U3565I1504538398.SEQ.0.jpg

finguanzo
02-12-2018, 08:31
I'm spending less and less time in NYC since I retired a couple of years ago and closed my television production company. But when I am there, I usually wander over to Washington Square Park near NYU as there is usually something interesting going on there. There is a group of permanent chess tables that are always in use during the summer and well into the winter months. The characters who inhabit them are always up for a game -- for a price. This photo was taken just after a short summer rain shower, but that wasn't enough to dislodge this regular. Leica M3, 50mm Summicron, Tri-X.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4404/36325801546_62e1e8a6ca_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XkZeed)
Waiting for a Game (https://flic.kr/p/XkZeed) by Rolfe Tessem (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rolfe_tessem/), on Flickr

Ah, Ive spent quite a few dollars during my college years playing chess on these tables. They never loose by the way.. :)

robert blu
02-12-2018, 09:26
I received today a nice postcard with a beautiful portrait from Singapore! Great, surprises always!
robert

winzenbourg
02-12-2018, 19:43
My cards are FINALLY going out this weekend, just days before I take off for a few months again. I sent a message to the postcard project group email, though I'm not sure if it's still active as I didn't hear back from anyone (maybe a good thing). So, if your address has changed since the exchange started and you see this, please drop me a note with your new address!

randolph45
02-12-2018, 23:12
My youngest Daughter was living in Chico Calif in 2014 and she mentioned the city has an annual Snow Goose festival each year in February.
Since Calif is bird migration territory we decided to check out the waterfowl preserve.

Canon 30d 70/[email protected],F8/ ,1/1600 iso500 1/24/2014 6:08 P.M.

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/Region_8/NWRS/Zone_1/Sacramento_Complex/Sacramento/Uploaded_Files/Maps_and_Brochures/Visitor_Services/Refuge_VS_Brochures/SacNWR%20Visitor%20Area%202014%20leaflet.pdf

We also have the Sand Hill Crane Festival just south of us in
Lodi,Ca

https://www.cranefestival.com/index.php

Big Ursus
02-14-2018, 00:06
Thanks very much, robert blu. Yes, it was terrific to see them there - it's usually a place full of tourists, or people having their wedding pictures taken!

And winzenbourg, my address hasn't changed. I'd love to get your card!

robert blu
02-14-2018, 02:19
And winzenbourg, my address hasn't changed. I'd love to get your card!

If you didn't receive my card I'll print an extra copy and send you.
Unfortunately due to a recent accident (broken shoulder) it will take a little time before I am fully operative, be patient please!

robert

Big Ursus
02-15-2018, 22:49
Wow, Robert - get well soon!

dct
02-17-2018, 06:51
I received today a beautiful card from Valentino! Great Surprise!
robert
Thank you Robert,
I take your post as a starting point for the story around my image.

It was on a trip to Vienna last June. As usual we walked too many kilometers through the beautiful city. My main camera was a Fuji X100 but this evening also the spare battery was completely drained when we came to the Michaelerplatz in the 1st district with very impressive marble made fountains.

One of those is called Macht zu Lande (lit. the force ashore) and the fallen giant around the fountain had a very dramatic look which catched instantly my eye.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macht_zu_Lande

As we often say in this forum: the best camera is the one you carry on. In this case it was my smartphone with still enough power. This is also my 1st published print with a smartphone as source.

I shot the image with my Apple iPhone 6S @ f2.2 1/100 sec. Postprocessing and print preparation was done with some cropping, conversion to b/w and contrast adjustment to a TIF file. All of this with IrfanViw. File was sent for print to moo.com.

As usual the outcome of these postcard projects is exciting, given the different tools and print workflows used for the cards. Thank you all for your effort.

Valentino

raid
02-17-2018, 06:57
Hello Robert,
I hope that your shoulder is not broken!

motion_runner
03-02-2018, 08:50
I received today a nice postcard with a beautiful portrait from Singapore! Great, surprises always!
robert

I would love to get that postcard from Singapore as well.

paapoopa
03-03-2018, 19:43
I would love to get that postcard from Singapore as well.

hmmm, i should have sent out all my postcard sometime back. I hope it wasn't lost in the transit. let me know it still didn't arrived.

Zmuda
03-15-2018, 09:28
Wow!! Would love to get in on the next round of this great project if another one gets ran!! Fantastic idea and it's so great to see it come together. So often on other forums or groups half the people end up bailing out and the whole project is in shambles. Nice to see that not happen here!

igzabeher
03-18-2018, 18:58
Robert - I hope your shoulder is better.

I included the story of my photo on the back of the postcard, but here it is again. For our honeymoon, my wife and I initially planned on visiting Croatia (nearly top to bottom) and Sicily (almost circumnavigating) with a brief stopover in Rome before coming home. Because we can't be trusted when traveling, we added day trips to Bosnia and Montenegro. Through a series of (un)fortunate events, our tickets got screwed up, which resulted in us theoretically having another day in Rome, and about 18 hours or so in Vienna, before coming home. Wandering around that night, we came across this hot dog stand.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4705/38843040030_52e7220224_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22bqJwJ)Happy Noodles Hot Dog Stand Vienna_Olympus_OM_4Ti_Ilford XP2 Super 400 (https://flic.kr/p/22bqJwJ) by reggie miller (https://www.flickr.com/photos/igzabeher/), on Flickr

krötenblender
03-28-2018, 03:19
Hello all,

sorry for the long silence here... I was just too busy.

Now, this was a nice round as always and I think, most cards arrived for me.
I organized this round partially remote while being on a three months tour in Japan (which was way too short!). I'm really in love with that country, it's culture and the people, and so my choice of a picture for my postcards was also from Japan. It was a shot made during Sanja Matsuri, one of the great summer festivals in Japan.

Sanja Matsuri takes place in Tokyo/Asakusa at the great Sensō-ji Shrine.In just three days there literally millions of people visiting the festival. I love the atmosphere and the friendliness of the people, although it is one of the "wilder" festivals in Japan (there are, however, some really wild ones...). The picture was made during the portable shrines (the mikoshi) were carried through the streets and while the people are usually pretty exhausted after a short time (the mikoshi are really heavy and it is hot), they are happy and friendly at the same time. Eye contact and a few friendly words are always easy there.

For me, the picture visualizes the lively and good mood of the festival. I was there for Sanja Matsuri (and other festivals) a few times already. In May the next Sanja Matsuri takes place, and I'm there again. Can't get enough...

https://mempool.net/galleries/misc/20170520_120245.jpg

krötenblender
03-28-2018, 03:22
Wow!! Would love to get in on the next round of this great project if another one gets ran!! Fantastic idea and it's so great to see it come together. So often on other forums or groups half the people end up bailing out and the whole project is in shambles. Nice to see that not happen here!

If there enough people interested, I will announce a next round at the beginning of May. Just subscribe to this thread and I will post here a link to the new rounds thread.

Best Regards,
Stephan

Zmuda
03-29-2018, 18:25
If there enough people interested, I will announce a next round at the beginning of May. Just subscribe to this thread and I will post here a link to the new rounds thread.

Best Regards,
Stephan

Sounds great and I'll be on the lookout for the next round

randolph45
04-03-2018, 13:28
Hello all,

sorry for the long silence here... I was just too busy.

Now, this was a nice round as always and I think, most cards arrived for me.
I organized this round partially remote while being on a three months tour in Japan (which was way too short!). I'm really in love with that country, it's culture and the people, and so my choice of a picture for my postcards was also from Japan. It was a shot made during Sanja Matsuri, one of the great summer festivals in Japan.

Sanja Matsuri takes place in Tokyo/Asakusa at the great Sensō-ji Shrine.In just three days there literally millions of people visiting the festival. I love the atmosphere and the friendliness of the people, although it is one of the "wilder" festivals in Japan (there are, however, some really wild ones...). The picture was made during the portable shrines (the mikoshi) were carried through the streets and while the people are usually pretty exhausted after a short time (the mikoshi are really heavy and it is hot), they are happy and friendly at the same time. Eye contact and a few friendly words are always easy there.

For me, the picture visualizes the lively and good mood of the festival. I was there for Sanja Matsuri (and other festivals) a few times already. In May the next Sanja Matsuri takes place, and I'm there again. Can't get enough...

https://mempool.net/galleries/misc/20170520_120245.jpg
Stephen
Your Card was a no show here,first time your card has not shown up In Sacramento.:confused:

Big Ursus
04-10-2018, 03:34
Hi Stephan,
Thanks very much for your kind offer. Yes, I'm certainly interested in another exchange!

jkcampbell
04-12-2018, 10:49
One of my cards that I addressed to John returned to be, address sticker unfortunately gone. I can't figure out if it was for John Campbell or John Weber. Can one of you please respond if you did or did not get my postcard? I will mail out another one. Thank you.

Hi Darshan, it's John Campbell, I did get your postcard so it's probably John Weber that didn't. Thanks

jkcampbell
04-14-2018, 10:49
Great project, can't wait till the next round!

Here's the background on my image. I was heading out to South Dakota for a photo workshop. Passing through a small town, can't remember the name, I spotted this old drive-in restaurant painted with bright colors. The restaurant wasn't open so I walked around, shot a few snaps and got back on the road. Here's the image I used for the postcard plus a couple others I took at the same time. The images were shot with a Panasonic GF1 and an adapted C-Mount lens off a security camera. Cheers! jc

krötenblender
07-08-2018, 08:28
Hello all,

it took me longer, than promised, but here it is (https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2820572), the next round in a new thread! Please join and have some great postcards exchanged with other members!

Let's make postcards great again! ;)

Postcard Project Nr. 10 (https://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2820572)