PDA

View Full Version : cleaned out my XAs ready for resealing, now the viewfinder is cloudy

Mippy
06-29-2017, 05:02
Hello! I have finally got the seals to reseal my XA, XA3 and XA4. I decided to clean the seal slots one more time just to ensure there's no gunk there, but now my viewfinder window seems to be extremely cloudy - I can't see a thing through them. I've never had this issue before when cleaning out rail slots, although I previously used Isopropyl - this time I used rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl 70%, no other ingredients on the bottle) as Isopropyl is hard to get hold of. What can I do? Thanks.

02Pilot
06-29-2017, 05:14
Open them up and clean the viewfinders. When I had my XA4 I opened it up - it wasn't difficult, though I don't recall the exact details of the procedure.

Arbitrarium
06-29-2017, 05:25
Done the exact same thing a few times. Sometimes the cloud will just evaporate and clear on its own.

It's a hassle getting the top off XAs because you first have to remove the bottom, then the sliding door, then the top. But once it's open it's simple enough to clean the viewfinder insides.