PDA

View Full Version : Beljan tool for Retina shutter removal?

Platinum RF
02-16-2016, 08:55
Anyone own this tool? not easy to find.

sevo
02-16-2016, 09:23
Dedicated ring keys are easier to use, but not really necessary on a lens like that, where there is some room to at least one side. Any adjustable lens key of suitable size with outward flat tabs would do. If you really want a dedicated one, find a piece of tube of the same diameter, and file down one end by 2mm except for the two tabs that fit into the lens ring slots.

Platinum RF
02-16-2016, 09:29
Dedicated ring keys are easier to use, but not really necessary on a lens like that, where there is some room to at least one side. Any adjustable lens key of suitable size with outward flat tabs would do. If you really want a dedicated one, find a piece of tube of the same diameter, and file down one end by 2mm except for the two tabs that fit into the lens ring slots.

I think it is the film gate black the tube, you have to cut off portion of the tube.

sevo
02-16-2016, 09:45
Something like this:
http://www.micro-tools.de/en/Spanner-Wrenches-oxid/Spanner-Wrench-Cross-Opener.html
would certainly do.

Platinum RF
02-16-2016, 10:09
Will try thanks Sevo

colyn
02-16-2016, 12:19
I don't recommend using anything but the proper tool. Many of the retaining rings are tight and can be difficult to get off and spanners can slip and cause damage. A spanner will set in the slots at an angle and can damage the threads..

You can easily make your own version of the beljan tool with a small piece of metal tubing and a file.

Platinum RF
02-16-2016, 13:05
Find a proper diameter tube is a challenge

colyn
02-16-2016, 23:12
Find a proper diameter tube is a challenge

I machined mine from a solid piece of brass round stock..