PDA

View Full Version : New Olympus 35 LC with some troubles

bola_dor
01-02-2016, 16:09
Hi ..
I've jut got this beautiful camera in very good condition. .Unluckily there is not much information about it in the Web. .
Problem one is that photometer is not working at all. Battery compartment has a screw at it's floor acting as a contact. Seems mounted on a spring that I can't see. I don't know if any other 35 has a similar contact. I saw that 35 SP is different. I suspect a miss contact but I don't know how to disassembly this..
Other problem I see is fungus in the lens. Thus is a G Zuiko 42 1.7 I think the same 35 SP has. Is there a disassembly guide? Or should I keep my hands out of the lens???.
Third.. Film lever does not stops never wen forwarding. Is this normal??? I tested with no film . What I see is that if I stroke two times without acting the shutter it will go two times forward. Missing the frame??.
And last.. where can I find a manual ? I couldn't find one even at Buktus's.

Thanks!!!

Trius
01-02-2016, 18:20
Hi .. I've jut got this beautiful camera in very good condition. .Unluckily there is not much information about it in the Web. . Problem one is that photometer is not working at all. Battery compartment has a screw at it's floor acting as a contact. Seems mounted on a spring that I can't see. I don't know if any other 35 has a similar contact. I saw that 35 SP is different. I suspect a miss contact but I don't know how to disassembly this.. Other problem I see is fungus in the lens. Thus is a G Zuiko 42 1.7 I think the same 35 SP has. Is there a disassembly guide? Or should I keep my hands out of the lens???. Third.. Film lever does not stops never wen forwarding. Is this normal??? I tested with no film . What I see is that if I stroke two times without acting the shutter it will go two times forward. Missing the frame??. And last.. where can I find a manual ? I couldn't find one even at Buktus's. Thanks!!!

I think the lens is the same as the 35SP, but il ont sūre. I gave an LC plus 3 SPs, so I will check tomorrow and inspect the battery chambers as well.

I haven't used my LC in ages; it's a pretty cool camera.

bola_dor
01-02-2016, 18:26
I think the lens is the same as the 35SP, but il ont sūre. I gave an LC plus 3 SPs, so I will check tomorrow and inspect the battery chambers as well.

I haven't used my LC in ages; it's a pretty cool camera.
Thank you I would really appreciate that !!!

farlymac
01-02-2016, 18:38
Have you seen this site?
http://aremac0.tripod.com/Oly35LC.htm

Not a lot of info, but more than on Camera-Wiki.org.

And here's a manual source, owners instruction, and repair.
http://www.oldtimercameras.com/manuals/camera-manual-olympus-35-lc-8622.asp

PF

Greyscale
01-02-2016, 18:56
The good part is that you don't really need the meter to take advantage of that great lens. That does not mean that I will not be following this post to see if you manage to get yours working.