PDA

View Full Version : New M-Mount Contax digital camera?

cjm
11-05-2015, 14:03
Anybody else heard about this? Unclear about the mount or if this is real.

https://instagram.com/p/9t5G2JBot_/?taken-by=leicacraft

https://instagram.com/p/9t6ETjBovq/?taken-by=leicacraft

Larry Cloetta
11-05-2015, 15:08
It has a "digital feedback dial", which I think is an industry first!

Also the second link says this new Contax is "Sony's new compact digital camera", also something of a first.

Kate-the-Great
11-05-2015, 15:19
Real or just a clever mockup? Either way, I like some of the design choices they've made.

The (e-ink I hope?) contextual displays on the dials are excellent, something I've been considering recently. The secondary display on the back (also e-ink?) with core settings prominently displayed is also a nice touch (speaking of which- both rear screens are touch-enabled I would presume?)

Thanks for the share!

EDIT- I see it does have a finder. With electronic overlays ala Fuji X perhaps? :D

Pioneer
11-05-2015, 15:35
This will certainly be interesting to follow.

Scapevision
11-05-2015, 16:27
something smells fishy here

B-9
11-05-2015, 17:09
That really looks... Strange to me... Whats going on with the front there? Looks more like someone's art project than something ide expect labeled "Contax"

johannielscom
11-05-2015, 17:16
Doesn't say anywhere that it's supposed to be an M-mount camera.

It has a Zeiss/Sony lens on it in the pictures, and the digital feedback dial clearly needs a lens with a CPU to function...

Scapevision
11-05-2015, 17:51
a simple google search proves it's a total fake, at least at the moment :)

kaiwasoyokaze
11-09-2015, 02:41
doesnt the name CONTAX still belong to Kyocera of Yashica fame? Also AFAIK the name is still languishing in limbo/ hell cause they're not doing anything with it.

sevo
11-09-2015, 05:40
doesnt the name CONTAX still belong to Kyocera of Yashica fame? Also AFAIK the name is still languishing in limbo/ hell cause they're not doing anything with it.

As far as I remember, the trade mark might revert to Zeiss this year. Still, this looks like a obvious fake - the wet dream of some twelve year old rather than anything touched by engineers and product designers...

BlackXList
11-09-2015, 14:32
On the second link the lens says Biogon 28/2 on it, there description says it's based on the full frame sensor.

Would Sony go after the Leica Q this openly? I'd be interested to see if they do, especially with Sony's current sensor superiority.

I don't like the look of the horizontal spline on the body though, I know they say that's supposed to aid grip, but it looks all kinds of uncomfortable to me.

BlackXList
11-09-2015, 14:33
Having just got a little excited, I've come down to earth with a bump thinking that if these are even real Sony is probably going to treat the Contax name like it does Hassleblad.

That was a swift deflation