PDA

View Full Version : olympus 35 sp

rowghani
09-15-2015, 07:55
hey guys,

Can these be repaired by local camera repair shops? Anybody know if parts can be found? thanks.

Brian Legge
09-15-2015, 07:57
Whats wrong with it? There are places around that will work on fixed lens rangefinders but they are getting harder to find. Some of these cameras were designed to be repaired by swapping parts rather than repairing them. Very few places have parts sitting around.

nikon_sam
09-15-2015, 08:04
Like Brian asks...what's wrong with it...sometimes no parts are needed...

Beemermark
09-15-2015, 12:24
I had mine done by a semi-local camera repair, no problem. Nothing magical about the electrical (battery/galvanometer)or mechanical aspects of an OM-SP. I always look for larger shops that have been in business awhile because they've seen a lot of everything and have enough experience among the workforce to repair almost anything. Rarely does anything actually wear out on these cameras, it's more clean, lubricate and adjust with maybe re-solder a wire connection. Cost (~5 years ago) was $100.

rowghani
09-15-2015, 18:01
Ok cool thanks. I was asking more out of curiosity since I really like the camera.

rowghani
09-16-2015, 04:50
Hey folks, looking at a SP on eBay. Light meter doesn't work because in the battery compartment , the connection to the camera is missing. Is that fixable? Please reply ASAP thanks in advance.

nikon_sam
09-16-2015, 06:55
Most likely very fixable...this is a totally manual camera so you don't need the battery to take pictures...I have one and everything works fine but I choose to not use the meter but instead use a hand held meter therefore I have no battery in mine...
Hopefully, all the wires are present inside the bottom plate and all that's missing is the post inside the battery compartment...

dtcls100
10-05-2015, 13:48
Had 35 SP fixed at Nippon Camera Repair in NYC. The film advance screw had stripped -- they machined out a new screw and fixed it. Also had a nice black 35 SP with the start of fungus in the lens cleaned by Marty's Camera in Forest Hills, NY. The 35 SP is a fairly basic camera with minimal electronics. So an experienced and competent camera repair person should be able to handle the job.