PDA

View Full Version : olympus XA black line on film...

federikk
07-20-2015, 02:20
hello, i've a solid black line all over my freshly developed film. the black lines starts from picture n.7 and goes all over till the very end of the film.

the line is very omogeneous, has not any black dot or light areas, and goes up to the cut near the film roll.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102607&stc=1&d=1437387624

what can it be?
light leak? shutter does not close completely?
can it be related to the developing process?

Joao
07-20-2015, 02:38
Does not look like a lightleak, it goes across the frames and across the intervals between them.... Did it happen with other rolls ?

federikk
07-20-2015, 02:44
Does not look like a lightleak, it goes across the frames and across the intervals between them.... Did it happen with other rolls ?

no! this is the first film it happens!
chemicals? but how? i've filled the tank with 450 cc on 375 requested, as always.
i will make a scan of the film in few minutes gi give you a clearer image.

thank you

federikk
07-20-2015, 03:04
here attached film scan with a flatbed scanner. no inversion, film "as is", just cropped.
please note the slightly curve at the end of the 522.jpg, that's the very end of the film.
maybe it's a chemical related problem, but just - how?
fixer or developer?
tank has been "shaked" all over the process as manual, one minute continue than once every minute. HP5, 24, 4 min in ilfosol 3.

Joao
07-20-2015, 03:43
Maybe something physically/mechanically damaging the film.... It is hard to say.
On close inspection do you see sometning unnusual on the surface of the film ? Is the emulsion undamaged ? and the non-emulsion side of the film ??

Lets wait for some more knowlegeable opinions