PDA

View Full Version : Missing lug 35SP

RMPoole
05-11-2015, 00:19
I don't know if you can help me but I thought I would give it a try. I have recently bought a used Olympus 35 SP (I love it) but it has the right strap lug missing from the body. On inspection it seems that they are affixed by a small screw. Do you know if it is possible to source replacements for these in the UK (other than buying a damaged one for spares). It doesn't really impact on the use of the camera but I would like to restore this to the state it deserves.

Rob

David Hughes
05-11-2015, 01:22
Hi,

Try Michael Spencer, he's on ebay as camera repairer or similar. Sorry I can't search for him but I'm being nagged to stop playing with the computer...

Regards, David

RMPoole
05-11-2015, 02:37
Thanks for that. I think I've found him I'll drop him an email! I'm half way through my roll of Tri-X now considering if it's best to get this roll developed and scanned to splash out on a developing tank and scanner. Decisions, decisions!

wblynch
05-11-2015, 11:39
That would be a good decision

RMPoole
05-11-2015, 13:52
That would be a good decision

Which would? Or both?

David Hughes
05-12-2015, 01:34
Hi,

Once you've discovered the cost of getting a B&W film developed and scanned and posted there and back the developing tank and smelly chemicals will seem a good idea.

Or you can use colour print film and scans (cheaper) and turn them into B&W using software. It can look good once you've mastered the software.

Regards, David

RMPoole
05-12-2015, 02:55
Well, I've sent out a couple of emails. One to Tripman.co.uk and one from Michael Spencer both of whom are looking for me. Thanks for all the help.

R

JohnJos
07-09-2015, 08:47
Please let me know if you were successful in getting the replacement lug. I need a replacement film advance lever for my SP because the plastic part is broken off. Thanks, John

kaiwasoyokaze
07-09-2015, 19:09
Please let me know if you were successful in getting the replacement lug. I need a replacement film advance lever for my SP because the plastic part is broken off. Thanks, John

i have a 35SP sitting around dismantled from a lens conversion. if you guys need a certain part let me know and i can ship it to you for the price of a coffee here.

JohnJos
07-10-2015, 13:16
i have a 35SP sitting around dismantled from a lens conversion. if you guys need a certain part let me know and i can ship it to you for the price of a coffee here.

Thanks. All I need is the film advance lever. I assume the SP version will fit on the SPn camera even though they are slightly different in shape. I'll PM you with my contact information. Thanks! John

RMPoole
07-13-2015, 03:19

That would be great thanks. All I need is a strap lug and the small screw which attaches it.

Rob