PDA

View Full Version : Help! Spot meter button of Black 35SP fell off!

Compaq
03-16-2015, 09:54
Hey guys!

I lent my camera to a friend, and it was returned without a spot meter button. This was my black 35 SP, and even though I use an external meter, I would really like to fix this! I might sell it one day, and I have a sneaky feeling that the value just dropped significantly.

Has anyone also lost the spot meter button? I would guess that the spot meter function still works if I were able to push on the metal thingy inside the hole, but I need a replacement button to reach the metal thing. Or did the button have some other role other than reaching into the camera?

I appreciate any help and insight someone might have. I will add a photo soon to show what it looks like.

Sincerely,
Anders

Uglee
03-16-2015, 10:08
The spot meter function will still work by pushing the metal tab in the button hole. The plastic tab housing the button most likely broke off from excessive pressing and if you are lucky, is still floating around inside the top housing. It can be glued back if you can find it.

splitimageview
03-16-2015, 10:22
I have a spare parts 35SP, can remove the relevant part and send it your way. PM me if you are interested. :)

02Pilot
03-16-2015, 15:45
I got my 35SP missing the spot button - it seems a relatively common issue. I just fabricated a new button assembly and stuck it on. It works fine, though I'm sure it does lower the value (not that I care).