PDA

View Full Version : Olympus 35 RC Focusing Ring is Loose

whitecat
02-08-2015, 03:40
Does anyone have any experience with this? The camera is mint. The pictures are great, and there are no problems, but the focus ring does have a little give. Still focuses fine.
Thanks,

ABrosig
02-08-2015, 03:52
Is the ring loose front to back or does it just turn very easily? I have a 35RC and the focus ring turns very easily, but it's generally solid. If it's focusing, and the looseness you're experiencing is on rotation, I don't think you have a problem.

Solinar
02-08-2015, 04:29
I just checked mine - there is a bit of front to back play on the focus ring - which I have never noticed before, nor does it bother me - now that I know. The 35RC was so inexpensive when I got it - that the MR9 converter cost more than the camera.

charjohncarter
02-08-2015, 10:02
I had this on mine, it had no affect on the photos (I used it that way for 4 years). Like you it bugged me so I sent it to Rick Oleson. He doesn't do 35RCs anymore but someone will.

whitecat
02-08-2015, 15:50
Thanks, guys. It is no problem at all,, but it just doesn't have the grip of other camera focusing rings. I think I can sleep tonight knowing it happens to other RFF members. Used it today and took two rolls. Really a nice camera. I bought it about 2 years ago and it was 99% new. Along with the Trip, the EE, and a perfect SP, it's a good collection.