PDA

View Full Version : Decisive Challenge VI Voting Now Open! Please vote.

kdemas
01-12-2015, 10:02
The voting window is now open for the 6th Decisive Challenge. Thanks to all that took part, now let's vote to determine the winners. Anyone may vote, you don't have to be a participant.

To see the images: http://decisivechallengevi.blogspot.com/?view=classic

To Vote: http://www.decisivechallenge.com/p/vote-here.html

Please only vote once, you cannot vote for your own image.

All voting by EOD 1/25 California time.

kdemas
01-13-2015, 08:26
Please have a look and let your choice be counted!

froyd
01-13-2015, 11:16
Thanks for organizing this fun event. I'm sorry I could not participate as planned, but I look forward to voting.

I just took a quick look through and I see some solid images though as usual I struggle finding many that meet my definition of decisive moment.

OurManInTangier
01-13-2015, 11:29
Thanks for organizing this fun event. I'm sorry I could not participate as planned, but I look forward to voting.

I just took a quick look through and I see some solid images though as usual I struggle finding many that meet my definition of decisive moment.

I thought exactly the same thing when looking at past Decisive Challenge results. However, having taken part for the first time I can vouch for how hard it is to capture anything that even vaguely fits that description over one specific weekend. I think most participants are simply happy to join in with the spirit of the challenge and have some fun.

Having said that there's one in there that I think fits that particular bill rather well. Curious to see how it does.

Paulbe
01-13-2015, 11:31
Wonderful images! Thanks for organizing this, Kent.
Paul

froyd
01-13-2015, 15:42
I thought exactly the same thing when looking at past Decisive Challenge results. However, having taken part for the first time I can vouch for how hard it is to capture anything that even vaguely fits that description over one specific weekend. I think most participants are simply happy to join in with the spirit of the challenge and have some fun.

I completely sympathize, having been under similar restrictions at my local photo club during their annual photographic treasure hunt.

My hats off to all who were committed enough to participate given the restrictions. I'm sure the temptation to submit a shot not taken on the "decisive weekend" must be strong!

eckart
01-15-2015, 01:28
I think we shouldn't be too serious about the Decisive Moment, I could imagine even HCB could have failed in one weekend.
On the other hand, in my eyes there are great pictures to choose made in the decisive moments.
I made my choice

Pherdinand
01-15-2015, 03:30
I could have taken that.

:D

Pherdinand
01-15-2015, 03:32
i wanted to say "lots of images from the same KD guy, where's the rest" but i just realized he only posts them, and shooter name is secret :D

Anyway i like most the image by KD.

:D

kdemas
01-15-2015, 10:23
Thanks for voting all. Voting is going well and very interesting, quite a diverse set up opinions.

For those yet to vote, please do!

Kent

kdemas
01-20-2015, 13:33
Voting is still open.

02Pilot
01-24-2015, 15:47
A friendly bump to remind folks that voting ends tomorrow.

kdemas
01-25-2015, 14:32
Last day to vote. You have until 11:59pm California time to vote for your favorites in the Decisive Challenge. Please take a minute and lend us a hand with choosing the winners. http://www.decisivechallenge.com/p/vote-here.html?

userid0
02-01-2015, 23:15
Any news here? Looking forward to the results.

Cheerio,
Walter

kdemas
02-02-2015, 09:15
It was a great competition and congratulations to everyone who tool part. Voting was brisk and the entries were diverse and strong as always.

So letís get right to it! The votes have been counted and the winner of the Decisive Challenge VI is:

Leaving the Station
Steve B. (scopar steve)
Taken in White River Junction, VT.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7551/16071417698_3dc9fa2214_z_d.jpg

2nd Place goes to:
Underground Station
Vinh T. (tuanvinh2000)
London
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7517/16071584230_40722f9abc_z_d.jpg

3rd Place goes to:
Winter Beach
Simon L. (OurManInTangier)
Aldeburgh, Suffolk, UK
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8665/16258128162_08ac4ebb2d_z_d.jpg

The top 10 was (a 3 way tie for 9th):
Leaving the Station
Underground Station
Winter Beach
West Side Stories
On The Edge
Movement
LOST
Modern Protest
gone with the whale
walkies
What the duck?

I will be contacting the top two finishers to see about their prize selections. Looking for a 3rd prize so we can reward all three top finishers.

Great stuff! Thanks for taking part, both shooters and voters!

Kent

Rodchenko
02-03-2015, 01:13
No prize for fourth? ;)

Ah well, congratulations to the winners. Well deserved. The quality of the entries this year was high.

tuanvinh2000
02-03-2015, 02:14
I can donate the 3rd prize and can hand it in person to Simon since we are both living in Cambridge UK. I won this 6x6 folder from the last winter contest from Helen Hill and would love to pass it along to Simon. :) If anyone else agrees to donate something else Simon can choose between those as well.

tuanvinh2000
02-03-2015, 02:15
congrats to the Steve B, it's a clear winner.
I took 2 shots that weekend that classified as street photographs :) and submitted one.

userid0
02-03-2015, 02:45
Nice. Congrats to the winners.
What will be the next challenge? I like to take photos for projects!!

Cheers,
Walter

OurManInTangier
02-03-2015, 03:39
Wow!! I didn't expect that...especially as mine wasn't in the least decisive :D

Congratulations to Steve & Vinh ( I think I voted for both of those plus the kids on Nelson's column,) both deserving and both far more decisive :) With regard to a 3rd place prize, that's extremely kind but I really don't need anything so perhaps pass it along to 4th place or leave it as the top two who win prizes, I don't mind.

Congratulations to all those who took part and thanks to all those who voted for my beach shot too. I hope I can join in again next time, it was fun.

OurManInTangier
02-03-2015, 03:40
No prize for fourth? ;)

Ah well, congratulations to the winners. Well deserved. The quality of the entries this year was high.

You can spill now.....Nelson's column right???? :)

Rodchenko
02-03-2015, 05:54
Yep. West side, as it happens. :)

varchs
02-03-2015, 06:20
Congratulations for the winners!!!

I would also like to thank all the participants as they presented moments of this weekend from different places of the world.

Spacial thanks to Kent for offering us such great events!!!

Looking forward for the next one... ;-)

Rodchenko
02-03-2015, 06:21
Ah yes, many thanks to Kent for his hard work. I get a lot of fun out of these - whether as a voter or participant.

skopar steve
02-03-2015, 09:24
Thanks everyone for participating and voting. I am honored to have been given first in a field of wonderful images. It was fun and challenging to try to come up with a themed image in two days.

I must say the project got my photography moving as I had gotten into a photographic funk. A photography project is just what I needed. Hope to see more of them in the future.

A special thanks to Ken for his hard work making this happen.

Steve

Jamie Pillers
02-03-2015, 09:37
Always a fun and inspiring event. Thanks so much, Kent for getting us moving every year. For me, this event is important. Every year, it yanks me out of the doldrums and back out onto the streets to look at the world. VERY much appreciated.

Congratulations to everyone that participated. This year's entries are superb, from top to bottom. :-)

kdemas
03-07-2015, 15:18
Always a fun and inspiring event. Thanks so much, Kent for getting us moving every year. For me, this event is important. Every year, it yanks me out of the doldrums and back out onto the streets to look at the world. VERY much appreciated. Congratulations to everyone that participated. This year's entries are superb, from top to bottom. :-)

Thanks to you Jamie for your generous donation supporting the Challenge. I look forward to our next Challenge in August!

Paulbe
03-07-2015, 16:55
Kent---I must have missed the results of the last contest--were they posted? Thanks!
Paul