PDA

View Full Version : Decisive Challenge VI - Winter 2014

kdemas
10-29-2014, 15:50
OK gang, it's that time of year. Unfortunately we skipped the Summer Decisive Challenge as I was busy with family matters but now I'm ready to go!

Please let me know which day you favor in the poll. If you've never participated in this weekend photo challenge you should, lots of fun and usually some cool prizes!

Kent

Darshan
10-29-2014, 15:59
I am completely unaware of this "recurrent" decisive challenge, sounds like fun. Do you have a link for the previous challenge so that I can look it up? Thanks.

burancap
10-29-2014, 16:35
Good to hear! Looking forward to it!

gb hill
10-29-2014, 19:29
I was wondering where you went to Kent. Glad to see you back. Any weekend is fine by me but voted with the majority thus far.

lynnb
10-29-2014, 20:44
Hi Kent, can you give more detail for people who don't know what it is?
cheers, Lynn
PS December is summer down here :)

bgb
10-29-2014, 20:46
I it something like this ?

http://www.decisivechallenge.com/

kdemas
10-30-2014, 09:24
I it something like this ? http://www.decisivechallenge.com/

That would be it!

kdemas
10-30-2014, 09:52
A little background for those who may not know about "The Challenge".

- It's a Street Shooting competition
- Photo must be shot on the designated weekend
- Submission must be in B&W
- Film or Digital
- Any type of camera
- Voting determines winners
- Usually some prizes involved (donated)

The fun of the challenge is that you're tasked with coming up with an image for submission over a single weekend. As we all know Street photography is hard to "plan" so creating an image over a specified weekend can be quite challenging.

Here is part of the description from the last challenge:
Take your shot at capturing a great Street image over the Challenge weekend and submit them to the competition. Whether you have a classic take on Street Photography or one all your own, show your stuff!

Simply it's a weekend of street photography in your city or town, no matter where you may be. It's a competition where all the entries will be displayed and voted on. It's a competition where your name and reputation do not matter (entries are posted without names), your photo does. And finally, it's a challenge where your gear, supremely expensive or a hand-me-down, isn't the determinant...your image is..

I am completely unaware of this "recurrent" decisive challenge, sounds like fun. Do you have a link for the previous challenge so that I can look it up? Thanks.

Jamie Pillers
10-30-2014, 10:04
I'm in. Any weekend is good.

SF Giants... The BEST!

kdemas
10-30-2014, 10:17
I'm in. Any weekend is good. SF Giants... The BEST!

Excellent Jamie!

Rodchenko
10-31-2014, 08:08
Looking forward to doing this. If it's on the later weekend, I'll have an odd sort of 'street' to shoot, as I'll be in the Dales! :)

rfaspen
10-31-2014, 18:13
Yea. I missed the last one.

Either weekend will work, but I voted for the earlier one. Especially if I shoot film....

I feel like I made a decisive decision about the Decisive Challenge.

kdemas
11-04-2014, 11:27
The weekend of the 13th is holding a lead. Please take a second to vote if you're thinking about taking part.