PDA

View Full Version : W/NW book projects - why not?

lynnb
10-06-2014, 01:57
I was browsing the W/NW Free Couch thread (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=145049) when I wondered: why not turn some of the W/NW threads into photo books? There are quite a few W/NW threads that have - in my, admittedly unqualified opinion - the potential to make good photo books, using the thread contributions as raw material and engaging the assistance of a good editor to select the final contributors.

What I have in mind is a series of books similar to the Phaidon 55s or Thames and Hudson Photofile series, called the "W/NW" series, with one book for each W/NW thread that has enough images of sufficient quality that will produce a book.

Is this just fanciful daydreaming? Would the potential market be sufficient for cost recovery plus a profit for RFF, to go towards supporting the site?

robert blu
10-06-2014, 02:19
I have not many photos in the W/NW section but this seems me a very good idea. Of course it implies a lot of work to be done, editing and selecting, layout studying, looking for a printer service ...
But the idea is very good, let's wait for other comments.
robert