PDA

View Full Version : What's not right with Monthly Theme ?

JimG
12-08-2005, 23:30
The concept sounds so good! It's a CHALLANGE open to all to share our images based on a montly theme. It's an oppertunity to express your creative skill. So why are more members not sharing their images there? I'm very new to this forum so maybe I'm missing something that's obvious to others. If you have any thoughts regarding this mystery please share them with us here.

"Which one of you nuts has got the guts" MacMurty in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' by Ken Kesey"

RML
12-09-2005, 01:04
For most it's simply that the monthly theme isn't very visible, simply forget about or don't have enouh time to spend on it. I for one suffer from all three of these. I see it once in the thread list but then tend to forget about it. If I don't forget about it, I tend to be too occupied with work, wife and kid, more work, more of the wife and kid, and sometimes sleeping and eating. I have hardly any time to do some proper photography as it is, let alone focus on the monthly theme much.

JohnL
12-09-2005, 02:12
For most it's simply that the monthly theme isn't very visible ...

That's true! I had a quick look just now, and I couldn't find it! Where is it hidden? I'm on a dial-up connection at the moment, so things are very slow. That might explain it ...

Skinny McGee
12-09-2005, 04:03
it is the gallery section

ddutchison
12-10-2005, 11:11
it is the gallery section

Thanks, I'd lost it too.

chenick
12-10-2005, 12:05
Personally I find the topics a bit constraining...
e.g. is "furniture & the letter a" meant to reflect the title and be related to the letter a also?
If the & was an OR it might be easier. Or am I missing something?

It would also help if I took more photos, but hey, that's just me :)

back alley
12-10-2005, 12:18
Personally I find the topics a bit constraining...
e.g. is "furniture & the letter a" meant to reflect the title and be related to the letter a also?
If the & was an OR it might be easier. Or am I missing something?

It would also help if I took more photos, but hey, that's just me :)

it's actually 2 topics as in 'furniture' and anything else in the world that starts with the letter 'a'.

joe